Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 105 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 119 reviews
on June 9, 2015
This paint looked amazing on my wheels. I recommend entirely! For a set of 17" wheels I used every bit of 4 cans. We did one solid coat on the inside and many coats on the outside / top of the wheels. The end result is amazing! Used in combination with 4 cans of filler primer and 2 cans of VHT matte clear coat.
review image
on November 14, 2015
I have an old set of 17" wheels for my Bimmer with snow tires mounted on. Last years New England winter absolutely killed them. The salt and chemicals left them pitted. I sanded down the faces of the wheels as best I could to get rid of the pitting. I then masked off and applied a full can of VHT prime coat followed by two cans of this bronze. Lastly I sprayed a full can of clear over them and I am fully satisfied with the result.

You will definitely need at least 2 cans to do 4 wheels.
on April 26, 2016
Painted my Harley rims and they came out GREAT! Very happy
review image review image review image
on July 14, 2016
Lets not shake it any other way, its rattle can.

That said, this is the best paint I have found that can be had at just about every local auto parts store. I recently refinished a set of wheels, stripping them down and building up. Self etching, gray filler, black inside, bronze on face, and clear on face to finish. As with any rattle can, watch for over spray. The paint tends to dry quickly, spray fine, and can powder over your nice finish easily if not careful.

Make sure to read the instructions carefully on each different can, and follow them.

Very happy with the end result,
on October 23, 2015
Worked great, i'd recommend at least 1 can per wheel, depending on size and amount of clear you add, it'll use all of them.

I ended up needing more as the metallic base i used was rougher (6 cans)
on October 29, 2015
Perfect color match for the damaged plastic wheel covers on our Toyota. - Sand the rough spots, apply paint and they look brand new!
on May 17, 2017
Worst Paint I have ever purchased. I spent hours and hours sanding with 600 grit sand paper and hours and hours of masking only to have the paint literally come out of the can drying on contact. There was no flow at all. I know how to prep and paint. Been doing it for years. Painted in perfect conditions with no humidity. It has ruined my wheel and I have since contacted Dupli-Color to see who is going to pay for my replacement wheel. Do not buy!
review image review image review image
on July 23, 2014
Painted my rashed up wheels (after much filling and sanding). Got two cans for four wheels, and should have got three. Two worked but three would have made me more comfortable. The only advice I can give is make sure your prep work is longer than the actual painting. If so you did it right. Looks superb and when I feel like a new color I will be doing it again.
on March 19, 2016
I used these on my hubcaps and they turned out great. I cleaned off the hubcaps then applied the spray. I worked outside in shaded, dry 80° weather and it took about 20 min. for all four wheels. Color is silver and if you're needing to touch up your wheels, I definitely would recommend.
review image review image
on April 22, 2015
this product sprays well and has a very high gloss but it also has a minor yellow tint which is not mentioned anywhere.
it is probably fine on any other color than white. Unfortunately i used it on top of the duplicolor white wheel paint and now i have wheels that are not quite white.

i have included a photo to illustrate the difference, i did not clear coat the back of my wheels, you can see the comparison for yourself.
review image
33 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse