Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on January 6, 2011
1. Black Silicone Skin Case: Fits like a glove, works as advertised . . . couldn't ask for more.

2. Adjustable Sports Armband: WORTHLESS JUNK! The band is bigger than the Sansa player itself. I don't know if they expect you to wrap this huge, stretchy band around your arm and then clip the player to it??? Once you have the Silicone Skin on, there is NO WAY that the player will secure tightly enough to the armband. I was expecting that the band would feed through the back of the Silicone Skin, but as mentioned before, the band is huge and there is no way to feed it through the skin even if the band was smaller.

Overall: Buy a silicone skin case for pennies; definitely SKIP the arm band.
11 comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 7, 2009
SanDisk Sansa Clip: Great mp3 player.

This Silicone Case, doesn't do much but cover the thing. It will protect the finish from scratches, I suppose, but it doesn't protect against impact or other damage (some ipod silicone cases are of a thicker silicone which does provide some impact resistance).

The arm-band is a generic arm-band, not specific for the sansa clip. The arm-band does not have a sheath for the clip, nor a little pouch for the mp3 player, but the seller did not advertise as such, thus it is my own fault for assuming it would be nicer than it is.
22 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 21, 2013
This protective rubber shield for the ScanDisk is just what one needs to keep the SanDisk in top working order. I don't know how many times I have dropped my SanDisk, but each time, the silicone case protected the mp3 player from serious harm. The shield is stretched unto the SanDisk and once in place, it will not come off. All buttons are accessible and easy to use. There is also an armband strap that can be used during activities to hold the SanDisk. At this low price, this is a good insurance plan for protecting the SanDisk from scratches, drops and accidents. I have had my SanDisk for over 4 years now, and there is not a scratch on it thanks to this protective case.

kone
on June 22, 2015
At first I thought the band was too small. I have fairly large upper arms and even with it as big as it can get, it still started to cut off my circulation after awhile. I solved this my just moving the band down to just below my elbow and it works fine. As for the case, I thought it would provide more waterproofing protection than it actually does. One review said that the extra memory slot would be covered by the case to help prevent dust and dirt from entering. This is wrong. You still have access to the slot with the case on. I guess I should of looked more closely at the pictures. Still, I really wanted the band more then the case anyway, so it works for me.
on June 1, 2013
First I would like to say that this seller is great at getting your item to you in a timely manner. I ordered on Wednesday and received it on Saturday even though its earliest estimated delivery was Monday. Promptness = 5 stars.

The item however...

The material felt thin but upon putting it on the SansaClip I realized its thinness is better than a thicker product for two reasons 1.) It would be more difficult to get on/off and 2.) The feel and function of the underlying buttons would likely be lost.

I am disappointed however that it does not perform in the one way for which I bought it: to protect sand/dirt/water from getting into the SD slot. The item pictured appears to cover the SD slot while the item I received does not. The received product has a cutout for easy SD card access, which is great for those looking for that. Unfortunately, I am not.

The armband while generic has the perfect band width to fit the sansa's clip. I have yet to wear it through a vigorous workout but it appears that it should be pretty secure.

I was really excited to go running on the beach with my player and put it through a vigorous workout but I would rather not risk it with the SD slot exposed. Oh well.
on June 4, 2009
This case is great and it adds some traction to your smooth and slick Sansa Clip player. I used to have a problem where once in a while my player would get bumped on my arm and slip off of my armband, but that hasn't happened since I got this Skin for it.

The skin is thin, but that's what I wanted, I like the small form factor of the Sansa Clip. I also like the ridges over the buttons, makes it easier to feel what I'm pressing - accidentally going into the menu when I'm trying to skip a track does not happen nearly as much as it used to.

The armband is cheap but it works fine.

One thing I would like to say about the Sansa Clip itself: I've read on Amazon where reviewers talk about how fragile the Clip player is, this is not the case. It is 'light', which is not synonymous with 'cheap' or 'fragile'. I have dropped my player on hard surfaces several times with no problems (before I got this case for it). Remember, this is a flash memory player, not your old-school hard drive iPod...

I do agree, however, that this case will only serve to improve on the player's durability.
on August 9, 2013
SILICONE CASE: Snug fit, great cut-aways, great product. My one complaint is the cut away for the charging slot / volume rocker. I would much prefer that the case cover the cable slot and rocker much like it does the other controls. I can't think of a situation where I would need the case on to charge but I can think of many where I would want the plugin slot covered. Similar story with the cutout for the sd card slot.

ARMBAND: Here's the issue. This thing is just the right width for the clip on the back of the player, which is good because it allows the clip to "lock" down around the band rather than on it. However, the layout of the Velcro leaves little room for adjustment. In my case, it didn't matter because the only way I can fit the band around my bicep is to unlatch the velcro and snag the end of the strap in the turn-around peice of plastic (I'm far from a body builder). The case makes the buy worth it but if you're a medium-large individual I would plan on a different armband.
on July 11, 2017
Does a decent job of protecting a Sansa Clip from jostling and scratching. Not a perfect fit, but OK. Buttons do work well thru this cover.
on April 23, 2014
The black silicone case is great. It does not hamper device function at all. It's a little tricky to put on, but if you can give a couple seconds to think about what you're doing, and then trust the stretchy properties of the material, you'll be fine.

The armband is well, meh. If you're getting the San Disk that this is meant for, this isn't all that helpful because the clip functions just fine on the edge of a piece of clothing or belt. If you prefer an armband, though, great.
on April 28, 2011
I have the old version of the Sansa Clip and bought this Plus model for my husband. We both use them at the gym and I have no idea why anyone would spend the money for any of the IPod models when this is SO easy to use and so inexpensive. I have an old IPod, the big 80GB video model and it irritates me so much because you have to launch ITunes to update it and manage your playlists, you can't upload from it and the file format is not standard MP3. The Sansa Clip is basically like a USB key, plug it into the USB port on your computer to add and delete music - no extra software is needed. It could not be easier to use and it is so lightweight, great for working out. I've had the old version for several years and have had no problems with it. If you get a good set of ear buds (spend $20 or so) and customize the equalizer setting, the sound is fantastic. I have a newer VW CC with a media inlet in the glove box that connects via USB to the on board computer to display the song/album/artist as you listen to the MP3 player. The Sansa Clips works perfectly with it, my IPod doesn't work at all - you have to buy a "special" adapter cord for $45.00 to make it work...ahhh don't you just love Apple products, always something more you have to buy! You won't be dissapointed in the Sansa Clip!