Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Duracell CopperTop AA Alkaline Batteries, 20 Count
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

Size: AA|Change

on April 20, 2012
The items are not as represented by seller. These batteries are not in the original Duracell packaging. They come loose in a plastic bag. There is no way to tell if they are real, fake or have been used. Do not buy this product from this seller. Very misleading ad.
33 comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2012
Update (2/27/12): I ordered 4 Duracell 9v from this seller. The picture you see here shows standard retail packaging. What I got was not retail packaging, it was 3rd party repackaged batteries. The seller says they repackage from large bulk packaging (they sent me a pic of a big box of batteries that also did not even say Duracell on the box). On further inspection, the batteries did not match the retail Duracell 9v's I already had. These batteries weighed about half as much and felt flimsy. These have 3 Chinese letters on the base with a date. They also had a symbol of a trash can crossed out with "EU" over it, a sign telling you not to throw these in the trash in the European Union. These batteries also died in half a day of use in a TENS unit, where the real Duracell's had lasted 2-3 days. I contacted Procter & Gamble (makers of Duracell) and they told me:
1. They do not allow their authorized sellers to repackage from bulk packaging. Any batteries not in retail packaging should be assumed to be fake.
2. Their batteries sold in the US do not have the standard EU "no trash" warning on them as these did.
3. Their batteries sold in the US do not have a date on the bottom or Chinese letters.

This is very unfortunate, as my previous review had been quite positive, having received true retail packaging and good batteries.

Here is my previous review:

Just received my batteries on 02/03/12. They were dated 9/27/11 (they are supposed to stay fresh for 7 years and are guaranteed by Duracell). They were in full retail display packaging that was unopened. Great price!
on April 22, 2010
I'm pretty used to buying batteries online and finding they had been made long before I ordered them (had some CR123 with experations the next month from another vendor). In at least my case, my batteries from this vendor show a production date of 3/30/10...and I ordered them on April 18th. You can't get any younger batteries (exp is Mar2016). I'll be checking this distrbutor out for the rest of my battery needs.
77 comments| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2010
Picked up a pair of Duracell AA batteries on a vacation when my rechargeables died. The batteries started leaking after about two months of light use in the camera, and the clear liquid that came out couldn't all be cleaned from the camera, which now refuses to turn on with new batteries despite it being in near perfect condition otherwise.

I am in the market for a new camera... and I don't plan to buy Duracell again (I'll remember an extra set of rechargeables next time).

- - -

Edit, 12/14/2010:

I have gotten a bit of flack for putting a negative review on these batteries (just 1 out of 5 helpful, which is pretty typical when putting a negative review on Amazon). My review is to note that I got a lemon product. I realize it is probably rare, and there are plenty of folks who review the batteries who got a good set. But so long as there are lemons, there should be an occasional negative review on a product.

Reviews are almost entirely based on anecdotal evidence. Some folks happen to get a bad product (a lemon), so we rate the product we got, not the product we might have gotten. Other folks who purchased a good product (not a lemon) do the same. Looking at all the reviews, you get an overall impression of the integrity and utility of the product.
2020 comments| 229 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 22, 2012
Upate 10/11/12: I know some can exaggerate but unfortunately I am not. I just found another flashlight, one of those little, metal Brinkmanns, where the batteries were not only corroded but I had to pry them out only to find a horrible odor. Half of the battery label was even eaten away. This is just unbelievable. What't the point of batteries if you have to constantly take them out and put them in only when you need to use the item!

----------------------------

I have had several Duracell batteries leak and ruin equipment. I have had to replace a thermostat, several radios, flashlights, remotes, etc. Duracell will not do a thing about it and in fact have a FAQ that states not to get the leakage on you or clothing.

Most recently I checked a remote and not just a little bit but the entire battery compartment was covered in battery leakage. The batteries were dated March 2016 - this is 2012!

I am not exaggerating how many things have been ruined by Duracell batteries - it blows my mind.

Check your equipment!

Very expensive when you realize the amount of equipment that needs to be replaced!
review image
on December 22, 2011
I went through five sets of these in ONE DAY taking pictures. I didn't even take that many. These were so bad!!!
on October 16, 2013
As many others have reviewed, I got the batteries in a lose package and they were made in China, whereas the Amazon website shows Duracell packaging and mentions "Made in USA".
Also this product is "Fulfilled by Amazon", i.e. shipped and packed at Amazon warehouses!

I have written an email to Amazon, lets see how Amazon responds:

I am writing to complain about misleading product placement on Amazon website.
I ordered Duracell Batteries as part of Order <redacted>.
There were couple of issues:
1. Amazon Website shows them in Duracell packaging, but I got it in lose bag.
2. Amazon website claims this is made in the USA, but the batteries have Made in China printed.
After seeing the customer reviews for the product in detail, I see that many customers have already complained about this and also that the product is not working as expected. Why has this still not be pulled from the Amazon store?
I also find it shocking that this is a "Fulfilled by Amazon" product - were there no quality/authenticity checks done?
Requesting you to look into this matter. In the meantime I am returning this product.
Pictures of the packaging and battery attached. Also, the Amazon website screenshot attached.
on May 24, 2010
If you check out local stores, you will find these are at least a bit below retail sales price for these batteries. Batteries will always be around the same price, but a few dollars off is worth getting them through Amazon!
on October 31, 2012
I have only used one of the batteries so far so I can't say much about longevity. I will update this as I use the batteries and see their performance.

I wanted to caution other buyers about one thing I wish someone would have told me. Some Sellers do not state they are re-packaged, loose batteries, in a old clam shell-- not a pack of sealed batteries as pictured. This has happened to me twice now. The first pack I bought did not last long and I wonder if the same will happen with this pack.

**UPDATE: Just as I suspected, these batteries did not last long at all. One battery lasted 2 1/2 weeks. I used it for my personal laptop mouse. The mouse is turned off when not in use. I use the mouse at night for a couple of hours each time. The battery should have lasted much longer. If you order these, don't go with the cheapest price. You get what you pay for: loose batteries in an unsealed clam shell that don't last like they should. The seller I bought from was "uTrusted." How ironic.

UPDATE II 12/16/12: We bought these in Oct. and already need to buy more. We used them for standard use, nothing out of the ordinary. Not a good investment.
on March 31, 2010
I got these about three weeks ago, and still haven't used them up yet. So many batteries. Awesome. So far, they've lasted about four times as long in my Canon digital point-and-shoot than my Energizer rechargeables. And they're on track to outperform the regular Energizers in my Xbox controllers. I think I'm a coppertop convert. The price is pretty good, too--probably not the absolute cheapest, but these are real Duracells (not knockoffs) that are far from their expiration date.
33 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse