Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 958 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,014 reviews
on November 11, 2011
The batteries seem to work well enough but the "use until date" was one month before I even recieved them. That means these batteries are over 7 years old!!!
on June 19, 2015
I purchased the Duracell Coppertop AAA Alkaline batteries expecting that they would be about as fresh as what I could find locally, give or take a year or two. This was not the case. Here are the dates for this purchase:

Delivered on June 12, 2015
Manufacturer September 2013
Expires March 2019
Yields 3 years 9 months of life

The Duracell AA batteries I purchased locally late last year:
Expires December 2024
Yields 10 years of life

I get less than 4 years of useful life from these batteries, whereas the ones I purchased locally guarantee 10 years. These were packed in a generic clear plastic container. The package was not sealed and the part to open the container was bent as though it had been opened or repackaged. There was a white sticky label with the dates. There is no official Duracell label on the package, no guarantee.

I do not have many products that require AAA batteries and may end up giving away some of these or throwing them away near end of life. Next time I will purchase them locally where I can see the expiration date in advance.

Your mileage may vary. If you use these quickly, they may be fine for your needs.

PROS:
- Reasonably priced

CONS:
- Not as fresh as can be purchased locally
- Appears to be re-packaged. Unclear whether these are genuine Duracell.
on February 28, 2017
These batteries do not work at all in some products. I purchased a NONIN GO2 ACHIEVE PULSE OXIMETER. When the original battery packaged with the device expired, I replaced it with one Duracell AAA. Prior to inserting the battery, I used a tester and determined that it was fully charged. My GO2 remained dead. I received the following reply from their customer service department "For some reason Duracell changed their positive contact so now they no longer work in our device."

I thought this was a dubious answer, but changed to an Energizer brand. My GO2 works perfectly now.

The Duracell battery still tests good, but I never imagined a situation where the product would fail so completely.
on February 28, 2016
I wouldn't buy these ever again! Some were DOA and some didn't last long at all. When I received them I was skeptical as it looks like they were purchased in bulk from China and repackaged into small ziploc bags as a drug dealer would use. I almost sent them back, but I thought I'd give them a chance as they were cheap. A close examination reveals some minor marking differences on the ends of the batteries compared to Duracells I purchase in the states. I gave them a try and have been extremely disappointed. You want batteries to work if there is an emergency situation and these fail miserably.
on April 21, 2014
I’m Duracell all the way, and I’ve been using them faithfully for over 20 years with no problems. The only time they failed me was when I left them in a seldom-used device too long and they leaked and corroded the terminals. But that was my fault. Lesson learned. I now remove batteries from devices that aren’t used regularly. I love the bulk quantity deals from Amazon. I’ve never been disappointed, and large quantities of Duracell never out stay their expiration date.
I love duracell and we go through AA and AAA batteries like crazy. I try to use rechargable when I can, but when the batteries have to sit a while between uses, they tend to lose charge and they are usually dead when you really need them. For those applications, I go back to the tried and true duracell.

I ordered from uTrusted (fulfilled by Amazon) and mine expire in 2018 and they came in a clamshell, not in the packaging pictured. Not really a big deal, but just wanted to add a note so you know what to expect.

UPDATE:
Bought another batch 4/2016 and the expiration date was 2021. Still a good value!
on April 25, 2013
I experienced the same as other reviewers...the batteries were rolling around in the box after the plastic container had popped open. The imagine shows a brand new pack of batteries and I can't verify that they are new. They are not in the original packaging. I had purchased these to use in my mom's insulin pump. She went through several batteries trying to find one that would work. I will not purchase these batteries again and can not recommend them.

I don't usually give a 1 star rating and it makes me sad to have to do it this time. I wanted to make sure others do not fall into the same trap as I did. If these are needed for short term use in flashlights or toys you may find them worthwhile. I would not recommend putting them into a medical device as they are defective.
on April 8, 2015
THESE Batteries didn't even last a month. Some had battery acid peeking out of them. I am not happy with this product. I will definitely be checking the next time before I open them. Next time I order a battery I will make sure I really check the item before I open them very. Poor on your part Amazon.
on January 2, 2016
these batteries were packed with great care, taped up and protected in a box, so I'm not sure why the quality of them seems lesser than normal. they are less strong than duracell coppertops I usually buy. I don't know if it's because they were shipped in cold weather, or if they're old, or maybe not authentic. I bought these because we use them for a high energy draining device and I've read that duracell coppertops are best for that use. but I have to replace these rapidly. I give them 3 stars because it's a good price for a generally good battery, if you're using them for most practical purposes like remotes or clocks, etcetera. would be 5 stars if you could use them for high drain devices.
on June 9, 2015
These are MADE IN CHINA. The date says 2024 but I have no idea if that is accurate since they are foreign made. I would not have ordered these if I knew they would come in 5 tiny 4 packs stuck together with tape that was almost impossible to get off. I am disabled and only have use of one hand. The picture shows one large pack which would have been easy for me to open and use. Won't order these ever again.