Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on April 7, 2016
The batteries I ordered work BUT they are old stock. The batteries I received on 4/7/2016 were manufactured February 7 2011 and expire March of 2017. So much for "Guaranteed fresh for 7 years". I would not order these batteries again. Actually I won't be ordering any more batteries online for this reason alone.

Updated: changed dates since it was 2016 when I received the batteries NOT 2015 as I originally had listed.
review image
8 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on September 7, 2017
I was preparing flashlights in our emergency prep kit and I found my large triple cell Maglite, had not seen it or used it since 2004 hurricane season, it was clipped in it's holder behind the door in the pantry/safe room...
To my surprise when I hit the button it came on bright as it should. the use by date was 2013, so 2017 still full power?!?! I am a believer.
The ones that arrived have an expire date 2025, I will be keeping them in a cool dark place till needed.
★★★★★ HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ★★★★★
5 Stars A++ 👑 VOTE Thumbs UP IF YOU FOUND THIS HELPFUL 👑
|0Comment|Report abuse
I purchased the 9V 4 packs (3 of them). Ships and sold from Amazon.com. These must be the "real deal", not old unsold batteries being dumped. They cost more than some of the cheap low rated batteries here, so I assumed I was correct. Never assume.

Batteries ordered in Oct 2013.
Battery packaging claims "Guaranteed Fresh 5 years"
Expiration date on batteries is March 2016.
Amazon - Where's the other 2 1/2 years life on my batteries?

Note - As I stated, these were sold directly by Amazon.com. I just checked my invoice and it shows:
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
8 people found this helpful
on October 18, 2012
I purchased quite a few toys over Christmas that required batteries. Luckily Amazon has batteries at a low price in large bulk to cover my needs.

The batteries show up in Amazons no frills frustration free packaging with an expiration date several days out. Other individuals, unfortunately, have received batteries near or past their expiration date as well as less than acceptable packaging. I would do two things:

1) Make sure when you are ordering the batteries that you are ordering from amazon itself and not one of the other vendors that may pop up replacing amazon.

2) When you receive the batteries make sure you check the expiration date of the batteries and, if you have a volt checker, test the batteries.

Overall a good deal on a wide variety of sizes and quantities.
7 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 21, 2014
I recently purchased these, but I'm not convinced the packaging is authentic, which makes me question the condition and quality of the batteries. I use it for occasional underwater diving at night, so it is important that they function and have an expected life.

The package I received contained four batteries in a clear, colorless, thin plastic container with the words 4-pack and nothing else (the seal wasn't great either). Seemed a little weird, since it did not appear at all like the advertised picture. The batteries might have been repackaged from a bulk pack of some origination, hence the shoddy appearance. But they are C4 batteries. Will have to see how they hold up...
on September 21, 2014
- The 9v batteries I purchased on Jan 1st 2013, - came from; ''Best Deal Supply'' - they will 'expire Mar 2016', - that's 3 years and 2 months, - 'not' the '5 years' that was ''guaranteed'', - by the 'Seller'. The 'Seller', says; 'that because the batteries have been 'Refrigerated' - and that they will be 'fresh' for 5 yrs'.

- How is the customer going to 'Collect' - on that 'Promise'? After the Batteries 'Exp date', - they'll be 'SOL' (as far as going to the mfg'r, & trying to get any 'warranty coverage' for 'damages' due to 'leaking' batteries, etc - because the batteries have 'expired').
And the batteries can't be at their 'peak' power either - being manufactured in '09.

- New ''9 v's'', have a 7 year 'Exp date', - and, Duracell, the mfg'r, says that 'refrigerating batteries', doesn't 'extend' the batteries ' expiration date', - but, in fact, - may actually shorten it. "
One person found this helpful
on March 17, 2016
Batteries are NOT in original Duracell packaging as indicated. They come in a different unmarked plastic container with a computer printed label that says "new." The batteries show wear and tear on the outside (scratches, etc). Probably used batteries that were recharged. I feel mislead about this purchase - they should be sold under a different listing or the image for the listing should be changed.
on October 14, 2013
Of all the batteries I use, I really dislike D size. They're heavy, and I understand that they have to be. So the question was, do I want to spend a small fortune on rechargeable D's or get the tried an true Duracell D. You know the answer. I use these in one huge flashlight and in two motion sensor lights on our house. I can't tell you that these are better than the bunny batteries, but from my experience, these just keep going, and going, and going. Since the motion sensors are used on a nightly basis (the sensors have picked up raccoons, skunks, and opossums which we didn't even know we had in suburbia), I think it's amazing that we haven't had to replace the batteries yet, and the light is still as strong as ever.
3 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 8, 2013
I have tried several brands of batteries. Duracells seem to last a lot longer than Energizer and Rayovac. I have never had any leaking problems. The bulk 9V packs are nice to keep the price down and the Subscribe & Save program makes them even cheaper, especially when you have 8 Smoke Detectors to replace all at once. I have had my most recent set of Duracells in my smoke detectors for well over a year now. Yeah, I need to change them out just to be safe. Unfortunately, the price has gone up on Amazon for Duracell batteries in the last year or so which is making them much less competitive. You really aren't getting much of a deal over local stores these days. I have been converting over to Eneloop Rechargeables this year for AA and AAA batteries to minimize cost and waste, but there are no rechargeable 9V batteries yet. Due to this price increase, I purchased a set of Rayovac Pro 9 Volts to see how they perform. I'm not sure if I am going to trust them in the Smoke Detectors yet or just fan remotes and other electronics. Long story short, Duracells are still my battery of choice.
VINE VOICEon December 22, 2012
Let's face it, Duracell has successfully branded themselves as the best battery around. And the truth is, I get the best results with them over any other. They last long, and can keep sustained power for a host of electronics, from cutting edge to the cheapest toy. Any time I use a bargain brand to save money, I'm quickly reminded that I'm not really saving much, since they die so fast. So I keep a supply of cheapo batteries on hand for things that don't matter and don't drain a lot of juice. Duracells, I save for the important stuff, flashlights, radios, emergency essentials. What good is saving a few cents if I'm left in a pinch during an emergency? With all the little gadgets I got squawking for juice, I just wish these Duracells cost a little less. But every once in a while, Amazon has a digital coupon available, and that, coupled with Subscribe & Save, does help. Other than Duracell, AmazonBasics makes a great battery; but only in AA and AAA. No 9v that I know of.

Bottom Line -- do you really want to trust something important, like a fire detector, to a cheapo battery? I don't. That's why I got these.