|Item Weight||265 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||34 x 27 x 27 inches|
|Item model number||XP10000EH|
|Batteries||1 12V batteries required. (included)|
|Manufacturer Part Number||XP10000EH|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
DuroMax XP10000EH, 8000 Running Watts/10000 Starting Watts, Dual Fuel Powered Portable Generator
|Price:||$954.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$59.97 (6%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Runs on regular gasoline or liquid propane, a convenient alternative choice during emergencies when gasoline is scarce
- Powerful 18 HP engine is able to accept high-wattage loads with ease
- Generator has endless uses, from home standby power and job sites to a weekend with the RV
- Allows user to get maximum power from each of the 120-Volt receptacles and to choose between operating at both 120-Volt and 240-Volt simultaneously or at 120 only with full power
- Equipped with low oil protection, AC and DC regulators and a spark arrestor, ensuring your unit will remain safe and in top operating condition
- Designed to allow anyone to start and operate with electric and recoil start
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item DuroMax XP10000EH, 8000 Running Watts/10000 Starting Watts, Dual Fuel Powered Portable Generator
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||27 x 34 x 27 in||20.6 x 31.25 x 24 in||25 x 28 x 28 in||22 x 22.8 x 30.7 in||29 x 40 x 27.5 in||19 x 24 x 19 in|
|Item Weight||265 lbs||266 lbs||180 lbs||122 lbs||260 lbs||130 lbs|
|Power Source||Gas, Propane||Dual Fuel, Tri Fuel||propane-powered||Gas, Propane||gas powered||Gas, Propane|
|Wattage||8,000 watts||8,400 watts||6,500 watts||3,800 watts||8,000 watts||3,850 watts|
The Duromax xp10000eh has a dual fuel system that operates on either standard gasoline or cleaner burning liquid propane which can more than double you generator's run time. With the xp10000eh, operating on propane will not gum up or foul your generator's carburetor and will give you quick, reliable starts. It only takes a few seconds to switch over from regular gas to propane and with the flexible line, you can easily hook up any size propane tank including the one from your barbeque. When the ambient temperature is under 40 degrees propane by nature contracts and the pressure within the cylinder is not powerful enough to push enough gas into the carburetor to start the engine. The solution to this is to start the engine on gasoline for a few minutes and then switch over to propane.
From the manufacturer
DuroMax Hybrid Elite Dual Fuel Generator
Any User, Any Time, All The Time
The DuroMax 10,000 watt Hybrid Dual Fuel Generator was designed for reliable performance and safe operation. The user friendly electric key start is as easy as starting a car. Simply turn the key and this Generator will start right up. Forgot to charge your battery? No worries, it is also equipped with a recoil start in case of the battery being drained. Solid-Fill tires are also standard, they will never run flat, and high leverage handles that make it easy to transport over every terrain.
Only as Strong as Its Core
The DuroMax XP10000EH is the first unit to feature a 18 Horsepower, OHV Air Cooled Engine. Look around and you will not find another unit with this large of an engine. This powerplant produces the 10,000 watts of peak power that feeds the fully functional power panel. By utilizing the DuroMax engine, the XP10000EH can handle heavy electrical loads as well as easily power multiple small load appliances simultaneously.
Easy Out of Box Operation
The DuroMax XP10000EH Generator is ready to use out of the box within minutes. Simply remove all packaging, assemble the wheels and handles, add Oil and Gas and it is ready to begin producing power. All DuroMax Generators all carry a 1 Year Factory Warranty.
XP10000EH Fast Facts
- Dual Fuel Runs on Gasoline or Propane (LPG).
- Max. AC Output: 10,000 Watts.
- Rated AC Output: 8,000 Watts.
- Electric Key and EZ-Pull Recoil start.
- Mobility kit for easy transporting.
- Low oil indicator shut-off protects engine.
- Super quiet muffler reduces engine noise.
Full Power Panel
The fully contained power panel centralizes all of the configurable components in place making it easy for the user. It contains the advance oil warning light, key start switch, volt meter, circuit breaker and power outlets.
Powerful 18 HP DuroMax Engine
Matching the XP10000EH with a DuroMax 18 HP OHV 4 Stroke Air Cooled Engine results in the generator provides constant run constant power at all times. It can also be powered on by electric key start or recoil start.
Dual Fuel Capability
The included Propane hose and regulator make switching over from gasoline to propane as simple as flipping a switch. The XP10000EH operating requirements for propane are 3-200 PSI.
Moving the DuroMax XP10000EH has never been easier thanks to the solid-fill tires that will never run flat. The high leverage handles make the Generator easy to maneuver around obstacles on any terrain.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
- I am not a propane expert, but I've had to learn a lot about it in the last month. At the earlier event in May where we ran it for 10 hours, I noticed the propane tank freezing on the outside and eventually the genset quit running. I thought we ran out of propane. Hooked up another 20 pound tank and shortly the same thing happened. Those backyard grill tanks are not big enough to run this generator. Please understand that is NOT fault of the generator. I won't get in to BTUs, boiling points, vaporization and tank size because there are too many "experts" that will pick that stuff apart. So, I recommend going to propane101.com and learn as much as you can if you don't already know how propane works. I will say that so far from my limited knowledge, research and experience to date with this generator, I've found that it works great with a 100 pound propane tank. It may work okay on a 40 pound tank, but I chose 100 based on my research. If you have a larger LP tank installed for your home, you won't have any problem at all, but you'll still need to know what is needed to hook this up to your home tank. I would call my local LP dealer.
- We will not use gasoline in this generator. By not using gasoline we will never have to worry about the carburetor getting gummed up and therefore it should always start when we want it to.
- We are using this generator to power two commercial bouncy houses, hotdog steamer, popcorn popper, cotton candy machine, a small old timey fridge (not one of the newer no-compressor types), crock pot, various lights, 900 watt sound board with powered speakers, and a little phone charging station.
- I would definitely recommend one of these as backup power for home and for the way we are using it.
when power to house was out due to power line down. It ran for about 1/2 hour fine and then stopped. When I went to restart it locked up and no longer would turn over. With only a parts warranty left, I took engine head off and engine piston has a hole it and exhause valve is missing with only the sten left in head. So, now I am out of a generator and cannot return it, only have parts covered under warranty. I would gladly return it and donate it to amazon. I have no plans to ever buy my next generator from amazon and my son will not buy one from them either.
Update: Called Amazon and offered to donate it to them.....Was extremely surprised that they refunded my money and that I didnt have to return it. Well, with this kind of customer service, I will certainly continue to be a customer of amazon.
I also own one of the smaller DuroMax generators (4400) and was impressed enough with it after 100 hours to get the big one. They both have some similar issues that don't affect function, but are really just fit and finish issues and some convenient touches that the more expensive units would generally have.
Here are my suggestions for whoever is building/importing these units:
Put the oil inlet and dipstick in a more convenient place and make it easier to change the oil with a drain versus having to tip the thing over.
Since it is permanently installed, make it so the inlet for the propane hose is not 1" from the tire, and provide a place to hook or hang the hose so it's not just dangling around and/or touching the hot engine.
Someplace in the owner's manual or unit, state how much oil it takes... perhaps I'm blind, but no luck so far, other than filling it to the fill line.
Correct either the sticker on the side of the unit or the owner's manual regarding choke. The sticker says to NEVER engage the choke when using LPG, and ALWAYS to engage the choke when using gasoline. The owner's manual says essentially the opposite, though with steps along the way. Judging by how it runs with the respective fuels, I think the manual is correct, sort of.
This is a unit in which you'll need a little common sense to use it as there's not an automatic fuel transfer switch, but as long as you think before you do things you'll have reliable, clean power in my experience.
Most recent customer reviews
The unit was damaged and broken when received. Replacement was mandatory waiting on new unit to be shipped.