- File Size: 439 KB
- Print Length: 176 pages
- Publisher: TAG Publishing, LLC (May 10, 2013)
- Publication Date: May 10, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00CQCXXYA
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#885,498 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #114 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business > Entrepreneurship > Advertising
- #155 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Advertising > Entrepreneurship & Small Business
- #2106 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Accounting
|Print List Price:||$28.95|
Save $20.96 (72%)
From Dust to Diamonds: How Small Entrepreneurs can Grow and Prosper in any Economy Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I highly recommend this book!
Oreck founded a solid company and used common sense as well as experience to build a great company. Then he sold the company to a group that resembled what I described above. That group later bankrupted the company and sent it spiraling downward. Now Mr. Oreck wants to buy back the company he founded and make it great again. He wants to do this to preserve what he built and to save the jobs of hard working people.
This book is worth reading, especially now. Corporate America is hurting and this book has the answers as to why.
5 Keys to Doing Business With The Right People
The elements and questions David raises may not be, in-an-of-themselves "sufficient" for running a successful business. In other words, you could do everything he talks about and still fail. Luck, inspiration, hard work -- all do play a part. However, David's observations are spot-on NECESSARY elements for success, meaning that if you DON'T pay attention to these details, your business is not likely to get off the ground. It's like saying there are prizes on top of some very tricky-to-climb mountains. If you have your gear, supplies, agreement with your team, weather reports, mad -- and if you're lucky and have a great guide or mentor -- you at least those have a chance of reaching the prize. More more planning and a bit of luck will definitely make the journey easier, but without those essentials, you would be unlikely make it more than a very short way up that mountain -- or you may just never try at all.
Personally, I am a big fan of mentors. Especially if they tell realistic stories of problems they have confronted in real life and can warn you away from boobey-traps! Mine has often told me that everybody learns from the school of hard knocks-but if you're lucky- you can learn from knocks which have or are hammering away at someone else!
Whether you are just starting out (or thinking about it) or a seasoned CEO of a Fortune 500 -- this book is well worth the time. Maybe if the CEO of Borders had internalized David's wisdom a couple of years ago, they might still be around!
Elyce Picciotti, March 9 2014
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book was concise and full of gems that any entrepreneur can benefit from. I recommend this to anyone that want to start their own business.Published 11 months ago by Amazon Customer
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Business & Money > Accounting
- Books > Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Advertising
- Books > Business & Money > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Accounting
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business > Entrepreneurship > Advertising
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Advertising > Entrepreneurship & Small Business