- Save 15% on ✸Duxtop 3-Qt Whole-Clad Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Saute Pan✸ when you purchase 1 or more ✸Duxtop 8100 Portable Induction Cooktop✸ offered by Lafraise. Select "Add both to Cart" to automatically apply promo code 5RUMMZ32. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on ✸Duxtop 10PC Professional Stainless Steel Induction Cookware Set✸ when you purchase 1 or more ✸Duxtop 8100 Portable Induction Cooktop✸ offered by Lafraise. Select "Add both to Cart" to automatically apply promo code MZBNMG6L. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on ✸Portable Induction Cooktop with 5.7QT Stainless Steel Cooking Pot✸ when you purchase 1 or more ✸Duxtop 8100 Portable Induction Cooktop✸ offered by Lafraise. Select "Add both to Cart" to automatically apply promo code E8FWRCXQ. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on ✸8-Inch Ceramic Non-stick Frying Pan✸ when you purchase 1 or more ✸Duxtop 8100 Portable Induction Cooktop✸ offered by Lafraise. Select "Add both to Cart" to automatically apply promo code KTTVJNJQ. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on ✸9.5-Inch Ceramic Non-stick Frying Pan✸ when you purchase 1 or more ✸Duxtop 8100 Portable Induction Cooktop✸ offered by Lafraise. Select "Add both to Cart" to automatically apply promo code FLRF5YWR. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on ✸Duxtop 17PC Stainless Steel Ceramic Nonstick Induction Cookware Set✸ when you purchase 1 or more ✸Duxtop 8100 Portable Induction Cooktop✸ offered by Lafraise. Select "Add both to Cart" to automatically apply promo code F2Z9MCVP. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Amazon Business : For business-only pricing, quantity discounts and FREE Shipping. Register a free business account
Other Sellers on Amazon
Duxtop 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner, Gold 8100MC/BT-180G3
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Duxtop Induction Cooktop uses 120V 15 amp electrical outlet - standard in all North American homes; lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage.
- Digital control panel. Built-in count-down digital timer with 1 minute increments up to 170 minutes; 10 temperature range from 140 °F to 460 °F; 10 power levels from 200 to 1800 Watts.
- With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn-on the glass cooktop so this induction burner is easy to clean—just wipe with a damp towel. Durable 7-blade fan rapidly dissipates heat to ensure a longer product life.
- The auto-pan detection will shut the unit automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware is detected; equipped with diagnostic error message system, low and high voltage warning system; ETL approved.
- Note: In order to use this and any other induction stove, you need to use cookware with a magnetic bottom, whose diameter is at least 5 inches. 2-year manufacturer's warranty, as well as customer service.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
|8100MC/8120MC BT-180G3||9100MC/9120MC BT-M20B||8500ST/E210C2||E200A||9600LS/9610LS BT-200DZ||P961LS/BT-C35-D|
|Output Power||1800 Watts||1800 Watts||1800 Watts||1800 Watts||1800 Watts||1800 Watts|
|Timer||Up to 170 Minutes||Up to 170 Minutes||Up to 170 Minutes||Up to 170 Minutes||Up to 10 Hours||Up to 10 Hours|
|Control Ways||Button Control||Button Control||Sensor Touch||Sensor Touch||Sensor Touch||Sensor Touch|
|Boil & Keep Warm Button||X||X||X||X||✓||✓|
|Dimensions||11.4" X 13" X 2.5"||11.4" X 14" X 2.5"||11" X 14.2" X 2.8"||11.6" X 14.7" X 2.2"||11.4" X 14" X 2.5"||12.9" X 16.5" X 4"|
|Weight||5lbs 12oz||5lbs 12oz||6 lbs||8lbs 128oz||5lbs 12oz||13 lbs 201oz|
Compare with similar items
Portable Touch Induction Cooktop with LED Touch Screen, 1800W Countertop Burner, Induction Stove Cooker For Griddle, Pan, Tea Kettle, Outdoor, Indoor
Duxtop Portable Induction Cooktop, Countertop Burner, Induction Burner with Timer and Sensor Touch, 1800W 8500ST E210C2
Duxtop 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner, Black 9100MC/BT-M20B
Duxtop Portable Induction Cooktop, Countertop Burner Induction Hot Plate with LCD Sensor Touch 1800 Watts, Silver 9600LS/BT-200DZ
Sandoo Induction Cooktop, 1800W Portable Electric Burner Stove, Safety Single Burner Countertop, Timer and 15 Temperature & Power Setting, Suitable for Cast Iron, Stainless Steel Cookware HA1897
|Sold By||Lafraise||Woot||Amazon.com||Lafraise||Lafraise||SYTECH US|
Note: in order to use This and any other induction cooktop, you need to have the right kind of cookware. The energy produced by the Duxtop is directly supplied to the cooking vessel by a magnetic field. Duxtop detects the size of the cookware base and automatically adjust so that very little energy is wasted. Duxtop induction Cooktop is fast and safe to use, easy to clean. This versatile cooktop is great for entertaining; use it as a stylish, elegant centerpiece on the table, for outdoor parties and in the kitchen as an extra cooking zone. 1) Duxtop induction Cooktop uses 120 volts, 15 Amps of electricity - standard in all homes. Basically you plug the cooktop into any standard household outlet. This makes it very convenient to move around. 2) lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage. 3) built-in Count-down digital timer with 1 min increments up to 170 minutes 4) digital control panel 5) 10 power levels from 200-1800Watts. 6) 10 temperature range from 140 Degree Fahrenheit to 460 Degree Fahrenheit. 7) compatible with Duxtop and other induction ready cookware such as stainless steel with a magnetic bottom, or cast iron. Check with your cookware manufacturer If it works on induction cooktop. 8) the auto-pan detection will turn off heating when cookware removed from the cooktop and shut the unit automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware is detected. 9) low and high voltage warning system. 10) equipped with diagnostic error message system. 11) ETL approved. Duxtop induction Cooktop is easy to install (plug in) and easy to use. These cooktop are a snap to clean. Simply wipe clean with a damp cloth when the cooktop is cool after cooking.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Enter in the "induction burner." I just bought one of these off of Amazon and am in love. Not only is this thing better than any electric, there are top flight chefs that believe that for the home, this is a better option than gas. Bring water to a boil in less than half the time of electric and much faster than gas. It offers all the benefits of gas but proves to be ready for the next generation of energy grid where we have solar panels and a rack of Tesla batteries at our home.
All I know is this thing is the bomb. So until I purchase my induction top range, this will suffice. If you don't have one, get one. The only caveat is you will have to toss your non magnetic cookware. So the cheap non stick skillets and pans have to go.
I like the intuitive controls. There are two modes: temperature and power setting. The temp increments are quite large, going (for example) from 190F to 240F. I'd like a finer-grain adjustment, but no luck. The power levels go from 1 to 10. The unit defaults to 5 in power mode when turned on.
If there were adjustment in smaller increments, I'd give it five stars.
The manual is excellent. It's written by someone who's first language is English, and I appreciate the clarity and honesty. For example, it explains how the temperature setting is really an estimate because the sensor can't possible know what the temperature is in the pan above. I appreciate that.
Top reviews from other countries
You may not need induction cookware to use this product. The metal needed to work with this just needs to have magnetic properties. Basically, will a magnetic stick to the base of the pot? I have an 10-year old steel pot from Kitchen Stuff Plus that works perfectly with it but if you want peace of mind or don't have cookware yet, just go ahead of get the cookware that is specifically designed for Induction.
The device will tell you if the pot is induction compatible as well. If you turn this device on without a pot sitting on it, it beeps until you put one on it. If a pot/pan is not induction compatible it will beep all the same with a code. The instruction manual has a list of these codes and one of them tells you if a pot is induction friendly or not. I put a t-fal pot on it and sure enough it kept beeping and the code said it's not induction compatible.
Boiling Water, etc
Water heats up VERY fast with this unit. I set the value to 10 and my water was boiling within 3 minutes. The stainless steel pot I used is slightly smaller than the top of this device and I had filled it up with about 7 inches of water.
For example, when the water heats to a boil and you throw pasta in, the water only drops from boil for maybe 20 seconds and goes right back to a boil. This is much faster than my rental unit stove which may take a minute or longer.
I've made tomato sauce as well and even tossing in tonnes of sliced carrots, red bell peppers, mushrooms and seasonings, the temp barely fluctuated.
Hot to Touch / Cool to Touch
It is true that the surface of these units do not get hot on their own. If you had a boiling pot of water on it for awhile and turn it off, the boiling will stop immediately. But the top of the unit that the pot was resting on is very hot, but not burning, to the touch but that's because of the pot and not the unit. But it cools off VERY fast. I was able to touch the top of my unit in about 30 seconds after removing a pot. It was still warm to touch but not hot.
Counter Top Use
The device does not get hot under it or on the side that I could feel. There are also little legs on each corner to keep it a little but off the counter as well. Be prepared to make some room for this beast. It's pretty big.
The fan on this unit is VERY loud. Distractedly loud. A blow dryer comes to mind but it's not quite that loud but now you'll think of a blow dryer when you hear the fan on this device :)
This beep is not an elegant sound in the slightest. It's pretty cringe-worthy but it ensures I have my pot on top of it before ever turning it on, so there is that. They could take some pointers from mobile phone makers in this regard. Something more pleasant would be ideal.
The device is pretty tall on the table. It's a little less tall than an old school VCR. Maybe with iterations, future versions of this product will naturally get thinner.
This device has a high wattage. I highly recommend using a plug for it alone. We could all hope devices like these would use less power in the future. All these devices are in these ranges for wattage so it's not the companies' fault by any means.
All this said, I think induction devices are brilliant and far more efficient than regular stove tops. These are FAR more power efficient. I think the reason these have not caught on faster is the unfriendly "induction" name. The average person can't relate to this at all and it's too scientific sounding. An alternative name doesn't come to mind though.
*** Update after 6 months of heavy use:
I still love this cooktop and use them every day for all of my cooking needs. One of my friends is a bit sensitive to the high frequency noise that one of my pots makes on this cooktop - but seeing as none of my other pots make this noise I think it's because the cheaper laminated bottom of the pot probably vibrates at the induction frequency and makes a bit of high pitched noise. If you're ultra sensitive to these noises I recommend buying very high quality cookware that you know will be silent on induction ranges. Otherwise, even the cheapo IKEA pots work just fine (and, incidentally, are quiet, to my ears at least!).
For the price I would buy again.
I urge buyers to look online for videos on the use. High pitched noises are normal and expected when using this as there are some heavy duty magnets at play.
While using this I have thought about what would be written in my eulogy if things were to go awry. Thus far, they have not!