Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Discover it  Trolls Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Halloween Amazon Cash Back Offer Transparent Transparent Transparent  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Modern Times forum

Dylan - Is he living in modern times?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 12, 2006 1:16:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 12, 2006 1:17:56 PM PDT
I really hope he is not! .. i think and hope Dylan is going back to his roots ... spare musical arrangements consisting of a harmonica and a guitar..nothing else accompanying the master at work.

This is going to be worth the wait!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2006 6:28:52 PM PDT
He hasn't really done that since "As good As I've been to you" and "World Gone Wrong" and both were genre focused albums.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2006 4:02:54 PM PDT
Reports are that he did this with his touring band, not solo.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2006 8:09:59 PM PDT
D. King says:
NEW YORK (AP) -- Bob Dylan's new album, "Modern Times," to be released August 29, features 10 original songs recorded by the singer-songwriter and his touring band.

Song titles include "Thunder on the Mountain," "Spirit on the Water," "Workingman's Blues" and "When the Deal Goes Down." Dylan plays keyboard, guitar and harmonica on the album, and sings the vocals.

In a statement Monday, Columbia Records Chairman Steve Barnett characterized "Modern Times" as the third in a trilogy that includes 1997's "Time Out of Mind" and 2001's "Love and Theft." Both albums were Grammy winners.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2006 5:01:11 PM PDT
M. Gleason says:
The album cover features "Art" and not Bob - hope this is not this decade's "Knocked Out Loaded..."

The song titles alone look drunk and bluesy.

OVER / UNDER on how many songs will include the word "Baby"... 4.5 and I am betting the OVERS.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2006 2:04:49 PM PDT
EugeSchu says:
That's funny, i'll go with the under. Anywho if this album is even half as good as his last it will be better than 99% of recorded material available. Long live the tunesmith.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2006 7:36:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 22, 2006 12:21:08 PM PDT
B. Cirmo says:
If you think Dylan hasen't gone back to his roots in LOVE AND THEFT, well then the title escapes you and maybe you'll want to give it a listen again. He goes back to Robert Johnson, Billy Holiday, (folk, jazz, and blues). The history on that albumn is endless. that being said, what makes dylan the artist that he is, is his ability to make his roots and history, uniquely modern and new. Its what dylan has always done, with or without a band behind him or a harmonica in his hand. From blonde on blonde, highway 61, bringing it all back home, to love and theft, Dylan has historically always been in MODERN TIMES.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 6:46:54 AM PST
Love and Theft was nominated for but can not remember who won in the end? Am I right or not?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Modern Times forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jul 12, 2006
Latest post:  Dec 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Modern Times
Modern Times by Bob Dylan (Audio CD - 2006)
4.4 out of 5 stars (477)