Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Dyna-Glo DGE Series Propane Grill, 5 Burner, Bronze
|Price:||$296.92 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$202.08 (40%)|
Want this professionally assembled?
- Have an expert assemble your product at a time that works for you
- No hassles; No fumbling with tiny parts, complex instructions, or tools
- Your expert will ensure that your assembled product is carefully inspected for safety
- Quality service by a handpicked local expert; Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 5 stainless steel commercial grade straight tube burners (10,000 BTU's each), 5 stainless steel heat tents, and side burner (12,000 BTU's)
- 62,000 TOTAL BTU's of heat-generating cooking power with electronic ignition and infinite setting control valves power a total of 708 square inches of cooking space
- 3 pc heavy gauge 7 mm stainless steel cooking grates, stainless steel warming rack, and stainless steel heat tents
- Full storage cart with two doors for easy access and convenient tank pull-out tray (tank sold separately)
- Integrated temperature gauge for accurate grill zone temperature measurement
- Protect your grill with a custom fit Dyna-Glo premium cover, Model # DG500C (sold separately)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Are you ready to take your grilling to the next level of performance? This Dyna-Glo grill will equip your patio or deck with a durable, high-performance cooking system that friends and family will gather around for many years to come. Not to mention your envious neighbors. With a track record of long-lasting products that help you achieve perfectly grilled, flavorful food, it’s no wonder consumers consistently rate our grills as 'a cut above' the others.
Dyna-Glo DGE530BSP-D Liquid Propane Gas Grill
If it’s top-notch grilling performance and well-thought-out design you’re looking for, you’ve met your match with this Dyna-Glo 5-burner gas grill. Its Dyna-Power cooking system features a steel, double-wall firebox that houses five stainless steel burners, delivering 50,000 total BTUs. Add the stainless steel, 12,000-BTU side burner, and you’ve got a complete grilling/cooking solution that ensures fast, high and consistent heat over 708 square inches of cooking space.
The durable lid construction is highlighted by a double-wall liner to retain heat and improve the cooking efficiency of the burners, along with heavy gauge, steel end caps for stability. Further lending to the grill’s sleek design is a cabinet assembly that includes side-by-side stainless steel, double-wall doors and four multi-directional (two locking) casters that allow you to easily relocate the grill. With the simple push of a button, the power of this gas grill takes charge, and you’re only minutes away from enjoying juicy burgers, succulent steaks, evenly cooked chicken and much more. With such high-performance grilling only steps away, you’ll want to raise the lid on your Dyna-Glo whether it’s rain, shine or snow.
Not your average side show
Stainless steel side burner with flush mounted cover and variable heat range provides cooking flexibility for foods and sauces that require high or low temperatures.
Mind your meat
Built-in, stainless thermometer for accurate temperature control and an easy-to-read gauge helps you achieve perfectly cooked foods.
Bring the heat
Commercial-grade & stainless steel burners deliver 50,000 total BTUs of steady heat. Stainless steel heat tents protect burners, vaporize food’s natural juices to deliver flavor and distribute heat evenly across the cooking surface.
Easy exit strategy
Sliding propane tank tray allows for easy access and switchouts from front of grill.
Stainless steel rod grates and finish retain heat and transfer the heat directly to the food. Stainless steel finish is easy to clean and maintain. These grates are ideal for searing and locking in food’s natural juices.
Total control at your fingertips
Chrome-plated, infinite setting control valves and an easy-push Electro Pulse Ignition for quick start-up.
|Item Dimensions||47.05 x 24.61 x 53.04 inches|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel|
|Shipping Weight||122 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item Dyna-Glo DGE Series Propane Grill, 5 Burner, Bronze
Dyna-Glo Bronze 60,000 BTU 4-Burner Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner
Weber 46110001 Spirit E210 Liquid Propane Gas Grill, Black
Dyna-Glo Black & Stainless Premium Grills, 5 Burner, Liquid Propane Gas
Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart Space Living 36,000 BTU 3-Burner LP Gas Grill
SUPER SPACE 3 Burner and Side Burner Patio Garden Stainless Steel Propane Barbecue Grill BBQ Gas Grills, 52,500 BTU, Red
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||SuperSpace (USA Top Seller)|
|Color||Bronze||Burnished Bronze||Black||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Red|
|Item Dimensions||24.61 x 53.04 x 47.05 in||46.46 x 52.76 x 23.03 in||50 x 32 x 63 in||24.61 x 56.69 x 46.26 in||49.14 x 22.82 x 45.05 in||46.77 x 49 x 23.13 in|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Cast Iron||Steel||Steel||Steel||Stainless Steel|
DGE530BSP-D Features: -Finish: Burnished bronze metallic and stainless steel. -BTU: 62,000. Product Type: -Gas grill. Finish: -Bronze. Primary Material: -Steel. Gas Type: -Liquid Propane. Installation Location: -Free standing. Dimensions: Overall Height - Top to Bottom: -46.8". Overall Width - Side to Side: -53.04". Overall Depth - Front to Back: -23.01". Overall Product Weight: -108 lbs.
Top customer reviews
A few things to consider:
1. There is a pretty big hole in the back of the grill where the lid meets the base. Another review mentions this and that owner devised a way to cover it. Prior to addressing this issue, I ran the grill for 15 minutes to determine how hot it would get. About 650 degrees. I then bought an Aluminum Kickplate for a door from Homedepot and cut it down to an an upside down L and installed it on the lid to cover the hole. The grill got to over 700 degrees in about 8 minutes. I am sure it's fine without this modification, but I prefer high temps for searing.
2. The pictures make this grill appear to be ALL stainless steel, including the base/cabinet. However, that is not the case. The base/cabinet is silver painted steel. The doors have decorative stainless around the edges, but the face is painted brown (not stainless). This is fairly obvious from the pictures, but you should know that those brown panels are NOT stainless.
3. The inside of the grill is not stainless. The bottom part where the burners are is a dark color painted steel. I imagine it will eventually rust (UPDATED SEE BELOW).
4. The decorative Bronze painted panels for the lid and doors will rust. Despite being covered with a grill cover and placed under a covered lanai, my lid began rusting within 4 days. I think this is partially my fault but anyone could do it very easily. The handle has two "washers" that separate the handle from the face of the lid. The edges of these washers are sharp. Tightening the screws down on the handle even a little too much will cause these sharp edges to puncture the paint and the lid will then rust very fast. Be very careful about scratching these surfaces and over-tightening the lid handle.
Customer Service: I contacted customer service regarding the rust. They replaced the grill top. They shipped it within 4 days of my phone call. I called them 3 times to check on their status of sending the lid and asked each time for an email confirmation about shipping. This never happened, but they did provide a tracking number via the phone. Overall, the customer service seems fine, but then again it's very new and I admitted I would send it back to Amazon if the issue wasn't addressed quickly (I was within the 30 days for Amazon returns). In the manual it specifically states the grill is NOT covered by rust. So I would imagine after the initial 30 days, you'd just have to deal with the rust.
- Solid stainless grill grates (UPDATED : Not Solid - See Below) . My old grill had these and after 6 years they were rusted, but worked perfectly. These are nice and typically outlast the grill.
- Solid construction. Very sturdy grill once assembled.
- Gas-Tank pull out is a really nice back-saver and prevents you from banging the grill against other surfaces that would cause scratches (rust)
- Leaving off the Tank Exclusion Bar on the right side provides you with a nice spacious area for storing other grill related items.
- Assembling was time consuming--as it's a big grill. But the instructions are great and items are labeled very well. Instructions for installing the side-burner and side table are poor, but if you look at the holes it's fairly straight-forward on what is required.
- 5 Burners | BTUs | Gets hot fast
- Price : Nice large grill with a good deal of stainless parts for a reasonable price in contrast to Brinkman, Charbroil, and other cheap brands. Also, it's at nearly 1/2 the price of most Weber grills in comparative classes.
- Nice looking unit
- Customer Service OK
- Even heating. Great cooking
- Missing Parts on 1st order; Amazon is amazing as always, taking care of the issue
- Not all stainless. Painted steel in many places (Cabinet, bottom part of grill, top of lid, and doors). While it looks beautiful, be careful about nicking these areas as they rust fast.
Personally, I would keep this grill covered. My last grill was entirely stainless steel, including the cabinet, lower basin of the grill, and burners . But, I learned the hard way and left it out in the rain. The burners rusted away within two years despite being stainless. Since many parts are painted steel this grill is best cared for by being covered. Amazon sells a Classic Accessories Veranda Barbecue Grill Cover (Medium fits this grill - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HCNEWM). I've owned this cover two times. It's excellent. The first time I stored the previous grill in the weather and sun and this cover only lasted two years. But, I have had several mower covers and grill covers over the years and they just don't last long in the Florida sun and rain. This one is now two years old with this Dyna-Glo Grill and is in great shape; however, it is used under a covered lanai.
Stainless Steel Cleaner: It's a bit hard to find, but reading up on stainless cleaners and polishes over the years has led me to this product (not on Amazon unfortunately): Superior High Shine Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish. Really keeps the grill looking glossy, clean, and beautiful. Oil based too.
Grill still in outstanding shape and working condition. Kept under a lanai and covered. The large back hole can easily be covered with foil rather than a plate. I also covered the smaller horizontal vent holes to test temps and itt gets dangerously hot (800+ degrees). Nice searing if monitored.
ISSUE : Grill Grids / Grates
These grids/grates have deteriorated and have metal flaking (began a bit over 1 year old). Evidently these are not solid stainless steel and are instead coated iron cores, perhaps. The welds have also come apart in places and some bars have come completely loose. I looked through some recent reviews and saw this is a common problem, even with new purchases. Perhaps the deterioration is exacerbated by the additional heat, but we're only talking 50 to 100 degrees. Regardless, I am disappointed. My previous grill's stainless grates outlasted the grill (roughly 6 years) and never "flaked" - They were solid stainless bars. That old grill was treated horribly, left in the rain uncovered for 3 years and was frequently forgotten without a cover--still the grates remained in excellent condition. Water has never touched these Dyna-Glo grates and the unit has remained covered with a grill-cover and is situated on a covered lanai.
While I really like this grill, this grate issue is a big one. Amazon Sells 1 grate for $40. (http://www.amazon.com/Dyna-Glo-105-13002-Cooking-Grate/dp/B00OQ1RUZ2/) The unit requires 3 of these grates -- a $120 repair at the age of only 21 months. So, I am downgrading from 5 to 3 stars. $40-50 and I would have left the rating intact. But Dyna-Glo clearly engineered these grates to appear as solid stainless to mislead the consumer. Not only do they degrade quickly to create a revenue stream for Dyna-Glo, they are also poorly constructed. Two grates have come apart with several bars detaching completely. This is a quality control issue as evidenced by looking through other reviews.
Aside from the grates, this grill is still cosmetically in like-new condition and its performance is still like-new.
Oil-based Stainless Cleaner
Sams Club caries an oil-based stainless cleaner / polish that is stocked in the industrial cleaners section and is very reasonably priced. Easier to get than the other brand I mentioned in the review a few years ago.
Uploading a few photos since I saw some comments asking about the kick-plate modification. One shows the grill at 2 years old. Still looks new. One image shows the flaking and deterioration of on of the 3 grids. Two images on the back show the plate modification and how it hangs from the lid (piece of sheet metal, aluminum, etc.) With the lid off, you'll see some screws along the bottom edge (that face down toward the ground with the lid installed). I drilled holes in the L shaped metal plate at the same location of these lid-holes and attached it with the lid's existing screws. -- Foil is just as effective and easier to use for plugging the hole (just doesn't look as good).
Just a couple of days after updating this review I have gone out to grill and the tank was exhausted. Much to my surprise I found two major problems. First, the bottom inside of the cabinet is bubbling with rust. This grill is NEVER wet. It is under a covered lanai and also it is covered with a grill cover always. There was an item sitting where the rust is emerging. However, it is beyond unacceptable for an item's contact with a painted surface to cause rust.
Second, there was a lot dirt / debris in the cabinet area. I looked up above the cabinet floor to the bottom of the grill where the grease trap sits (See image with rusty hole). The entire bottom of the grill basin is rusted out, crumbling, and falling apart. Again, aside from moisture from cooked food, this grill is not subjected to any moisture or rain at all. Cheap, thin, metal.
This grill is junk. I am so disappointed that at the time of this writing over 100 people have found this review helpful (when it was 5 stars). I am sorry I helped positively influence your purchase. This is an unfortunate problem with Amazon's limited feedback system. We want to help out and give feedback about products. However, we really just don't know what they're like until some time has passed. Amazon I hope will invest in a more modern approach to reviews with weighted influence given to years owned and other influential factors. Still, consumers will always be vulnerable to reviews that are not tempered with time. I apologize to anyone that got burned by this review.
July 11 2015 - Last update
Final update: I went out on July 4th to find the entire bottom of the grill had fallen through to the cabinet area below. I added two more photos. One shows the tank with a rusty object behind it. This object is the floor of the cooking area of the grill--the part with the grease trap. The final image shows this piece pulled from the grill.
I realize Dyna-Glo's deception now. The faux stainless steel grates along with these inexpensive metal pieces painted to look stainless. All of which have an incredibly high iron content that makes them disintegrate quickly. I have constructed a new bottom for the grill's cooking area. However, the floor of the cabinet (storage area where the tank sits) is rusting as depicted in the other images. The bubbling and rust has advanced a great deal in the month since I discovered its presence, despite remaining covered. Frankly, I would not mind a grill rusting away if it were very obvious that the pieces were inexpensive iron based metal. However, the images of this grill in the product descriptions here at Amazon tout its stainless qualities and very convincingly manipulate your confidence in believing this is a quality product. On Amazon the images and product statements are all we have--replacing the experiential process of interacting with a product first-hand in traditional stores. So when statements such as "Stainless steel rod grates..." turn out to be outright lies we are left with a an inferior product obtained through a dupe perpetuated by Amazon. Sure, we can hold Dyna-Glo responsible and we should. But for several types of product categories such as these, Amazon has proved itself inadequate and incapable of protecting the consumer. If I were to haul this thing down to Home Depot or Lowes even with the time passed since the purchase, I would imagine a manager would intervene. Face to face, empathy has a chance. Not possible with Amazon. Of course, Wal-Mart wouldn't give a damn but neither does Amazon.
1. People who have owned this less than 1 year and have not seen ENORMOUS AMOUNTS OF RUST
2. People who have owned it longer, but have not updated their review
3. Fake reviews posted by the Manufacturer: GHP Group.
Question for GHP Group Customer Service:
Are you actually going to give these people (including me) Replacement Parts? or just Charge us to replace your defective (ie. Cheap) Materials?
Was looking to replace my 15yr old Weber, and wanted a 4 or 5 burner, but couldn't afford over a Grand for a new one so... I did a LOT of shopping around and research online. Turns out, just about anything under $500 or so either doesn't get very hot, or turns to rust in a year or two. I checked out models from Sears, Lowes, and Home-Depot
I came across this new model online and decided to take a chance due to the rave reviews of Dyna-Glo's other products. And also really likes what I could see in all the online pictures.
- Packaging: I was very impressed with how well this product came packed in the box. Every part individually packed. Not a ding or scratch to be found
- Instructions: Very well written. Easy to follow. Took me & my son about an hour.
- Construction: Appears to be made of quality materials; very will built. Everything fits nicely together; like it should. No flimsy materials.
- The slide-out holder for the propane tank is a REALLY NICE feature. Most grills you have to wrench yourself into a pretzel to take the tank into/out-of the doors. Also makes it easy for opening / closing the valve.
- The Slide-out grease-tray... on some other brands this does not slide-out, forcing you to take apart the Grill just to clean it.
- Burners: They get Very Hot, Very Quickly
- Design: Plenty of depth... what I mean is, some grills have the Warming Rack not far above the grates; this makes it tough to flip burgers. Not a problem here. Some grills also have the grease pan not far below the burner; creating flare-ups. Not a problem here. Just cooked Chicken & Burgers with NO flareups.
- Price: Paid $435 from Amazon (no shipping or sales tax). Would have been another $100 from HomeDepot.com
- My only complaint is that the back of the lid has about a 2" opening for the length of the grill. On my old Weber, there was no opening. This was closed, creating a very hot Grill area. On this Grill, you can feel an enormous amount of heat escaping through the back opening. Can't imagine why they did that. Because of this, you will never see the Temp Gauge go over 450 degrees, maybe 500 if all 5 burners on high. Thinking of fabricating some kind of panel (sheetmetal ?) to enclose the back. Will let you know how that works out.
*** UPDATE ***
I fixed the problem of all the heat escaping out the back. I cut a 2" metal strip and screwed it into the back of the grill opening. Turn it on and it goes up to 700 degrees in about 10min. I turn 1 burner Off, put the rest on Low, and it maintains 550. Finally the Front of the grill now is just as hot as the Back. Now I'm satisfied....
*** UPDATE ***
Well, after two seasons I STILL love the Grill, HOWEVER : I went to clean up the grill to get ready for the summer (I had a cover on it during the winter). and the grease/drip tray basically Distintegrated right in my hands !
It is made of some flimsy metal, so it really should come as no surprise. Previously I had a Weber for 15 years and Never had to replace the Grease/drip tray.
So I'd probably have to downgrade my review to 4 stars
*** UPDATE ***
So now 3 years of use and.... I still love the way the grill cooks, HOWEVER:
- The ignitor no longer works. Not a big deal per-se... most ignitors on most grills fail after a couple of years.
- A few of the bars on the grill/grates have come loose. Again, not a Big Deal... but a little annoying / disappointing
- The Burners now have to be replaced. Some High-Output areas (Big flames), and some Low-Output areas (Little flames). and I have a Full Tank of Gas
- The Burner covers now have to be replaced (due to above) High Flame areas burned through parts of the burner covers.
- and of course, the Drip-Tray is Low-Qaulity metal... has to be replaced yet again.
I'll have to Lower my rating to 3 Stars.
One of the main selling points of this grill was its durability and long life. I don't believe that not even making it through 2 full seasons constitutes long life or durability. We didn't pay as much as some of the higher-end grills- but according to the way it was advertised, this was supposed to last as long as some of the grill's higher-priced rivals. Unfortunately, this was not the case. I guess you get what you pay for.
I contacted customer service, and they informed me that this section of the grill is not covered by the warranty. So please be cautious when purchasing this grill- not everything is covered under the warranty, and there are definitely parts that are not very durable.