- Hardcover: 216 pages
- Publisher: IBM Press; 1 edition (July 24, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0137018916
- ISBN-13: 978-0137018918
- Product Dimensions: 7.1 x 0.7 x 9.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,737,014 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Dynamic SOA and BPM: Best Practices for Business Process Management and SOA Agility 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
From the Back Cover
Achieve Breakthrough Business Flexibility and Agility by Integrating SOA and BPM Thousands of enterprises have adopted Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based on its promise to help them respond more rapidly to changing business requirements by composing new solutions from existing business services. To deliver on this promise, however, companies need to integrate solid but flexible Business Process Management (BPM) plans into their SOA initiatives. "Dynamic SOA and BPM "offers a pragmatic, efficient approach for doing so. Top IBM(R) SOA architect Marc Fiammante takes you step-by-step through combining BPM and SOA, and using them together to build a more flexible, dynamic enterprise. Throughout the book, he emphasizes hands-on solutions based on his experience supporting dozens of enterprise SOA implementations. Practical from start to finish, "Dynamic SOA and BPM "squarely addresses two of the most critical challenges today's IT executives, architects, and analysts face: implementing BPM as effectively as possible and deriving more value from their SOA investments. Coverage Includes
- Moving from simplified integration to dynamic processes: realizing the full business value of services
- Streamlining enterprise architecture to accelerate business and IT alignment
- Implementing dynamic business processes based on small, flexible modules that can be quickly modeled, tested, delivered, and improved
- Planning for services and information variability to limit the impact of change on processes and other consumers of services
- Providing an integration layer between consumers and providers that addresses issues classical Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) approaches cannot solve alone
- Tooling and practices for the development, management, and monitoring of the complete SOA/BPM life cycle
About the Author
Marc Fiammante, IBM Distinguished Engineer, is worldwide chief architect of SOA engagements delivered by IBM’s SOA Advanced Technology team. Elected to the IBM Academy of Technology in 2003, he has a 25-year background in IT with deep experience in large project architecture. His architectural and technical expertise encompasses SOA, Web Services, enterprise application integration, e-business, object technologies, middleware, standards, WebSphere® Application Server, DB2®, Java™, J2EE™, C, and C++. He coauthored Service-Oriented Architecture Compass and is Engineer of the Ecole Centrale de Paris and an Opengroup Certified Master Architect.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
In all, I can't make it through all the words to find the nuggets - and I'm an enterprise architect for a large organization.
BTW, the diagrams will be barely readable on a Kindle.
This is NOT a simple topic but it's an important one. I recommend this book for any architect who needs to create designs which support dynamic solutions.