Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 107 reviews
on September 27, 2005
although this album came out just last week here in America, it had already been released overseas in Europe and just about everywhere else back in the middle of june. being a serious music lover and a big jamiroquai fan myself, i just could not wait until september to hear the funky grooves of 'dynamite', and i went and purchased an import copy for only 10 dollars, and through Amazon! well, after a 4 year wait, we finally get jay kay and his crew back for another round of delicious dance floor grooves and hot , boomin' tracks for your car or stereo. things kick off with the non-familiar sound of "feels just like it should', which actually leads the album off in a great way, just to get you ready for the hot, sultry beats of the title track. things are still going strong with great songs like '7 days in sunny june', 'electric mistress', 'starchild', 'loveblind', all of which can conjure up some great times on anybody's dance floor or anybody's basement party. each of the other tunes on this album are just as good as the ones that i have already praised, so i'll just let you just those tunes for yourself. actually, one thing has been annoying regarding all of recent reviews of 'dynamite': why are some you fans out there so damn negative? it's only been 4 years since jason kay put out an album, and since many of today's releases are complete homogenized fm radio crap, anything put out by jamiroquai can easily be considered one of the best pop/rock/funk albums of the year. the new albums don't have to sound like 'emergency on planet earth', or even 'return of the space cowboy'. hell, my personal favorite is 1999's classic "synkronized", but i do not expect 'dynamite' to be just like that classic, do i? every artists album should stand on their own, just like 'dynamite' should. give it a chance, don't be so quick to judge so damn fast. and with the recent troubles in America, especially a couple of very evil women named Katrina and Rita( no dis to the real women out there), this album could turn out to be the perfect solution to ease everybody's minds down on the gulf coast. oh well, i am only one person. i still believe in you jay. keep the party funkin' on for the south, brother.
on May 28, 2011
My personal favorite. A discovery that I can't get enough of. I think it's interesting that the tone can stay relatively the same throughout the album, while exploring a range of emotions and perceptions all at once. They are stories of a man who can go anywhere, experience anything, and not lose himself. They are stories of finding love in the most unexpected places, and still being able to keep life in perspective. The album almost feels like a question... why isn't love happening, when it is all around? Is it worth waiting for sparks to fly, or is it better to move on? The album toys with the possibility that perhaps it is greed and corruption that is making us forget how to love.
on September 6, 2005
After getting this album and listening to it a hundred times, I came to one conclusion... Time to get a portable music device! I never missed my music on-the-go before, but I can't get enough of this "Dynamite"! Unlike their previous albums, I got into this one right away. Before, I'd get the album, listen to it, put it away, then go back and play it about 6 months later and wonder why I haven't been listening to it for the past 6 months. Eventually, I'll get their first two albums. I didn't hear of Jamiroquai until the "Space Cowboy" remix and I've gotten every album since. Maybe when I get "Emergency on Planet Earth" and "The Return of the Space Cowboy", I'll understand the comparisons to Stevie Wonder. Personally, I hear the funk and spirit of Dan Hartman.
on September 26, 2005
Jamiroquai and frontman Jay Kay return with another great collection of funky 70s meets modern dance grooves, despite the loss of the ultra-talented keyboardist and composer Toby Smith.

On their sixth studio album, Jamiroquai returns somewhat to its funky 70s roots, after the ultra modern polish of "A Funk Odyssey."

If you're new to Jamiroquai, it's got a hip hint of 70s Stevie Wonder but with a thoroughly modern, unabashedly joyful, and gotta-dance club beats.

Highlights include the slinky title track, the great mellow "Seven Days in Sunny June," the funky wah-wah groove of "Starchild," and the power disco of "Don't Give Hate a Chance."

Highly recommended.
on June 15, 2017
Jamiroquai... what else?
on May 20, 2006
Thumping 70's/80's dance beats that, at times, drown out the vocalist, a lead singer with a distinctive delivery, and enigmatic lyrics make "Dynamite" another clone of earlier works by Jamiroquai. There is the requisite slow jam ("Tallulah") that appears midway in the 11-song set, preceded and followed by a plethora of dance tracks, and two semi-rocking tunes thrown in for good measure ("Feels Just Like It Should" and "Hot Tequila Brown") that serve to bookend the album.

Though not a bad release, it stays too true to form and can be interchangeable to the previous three releases, of which I have them in my collection, also.

It's time for the group to take some chances with something NEW, rather than recycled.
on August 8, 2016
I love this artist and this CD is great! My man and I love dancing to JK.
on November 6, 2013
Another thoughtful album from Jay and his merry band that just wants to make you move and groove. I find myself humming the songs and of course 7 days is one of my all time favorites- I also highly recommend you watch the video which reinforces Kay's star/ humble appeal.
on January 13, 2017
Loooove Jamiroquai!!
on May 20, 2013
I really love this CD! The bass this puts out in my car is amazing and it feels good! This is a cd, no, a band you can bump in your car and watch people's heads bob up and down when you pass by! Time won't wait...for you to buy this cd, you better hurry up! :)