Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: DynastyMattress NEW Luxury Grand 15-Inch with 7.5-Inch Memory Foam Mattress, Queen Size
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on July 16, 2012
I bought this bed and it's nice. It feels very much like the Grand bed which at tempurpedic is a 8K bed, so this is 1/10th the price. They both use the exact same 5.3lb visco elastic memory foam in the same configuration. The thing that concerns me is that the grand bed weighs more than 2x more than this bed. EX: The King Grand Bed weighs 315lbs, the king Dynasty Bed weighs 140lbs. In looking further into it I found that the dynasty bed uses 1.8lb density poly foam base. Since the poly base is roughly 1/2 the bed (8") my assumption is that the tempurpedic bed is probably at about 2.5x denser which would account for the weight difference. Why would that matter if they are both the same firmness, longevity. Over time I expect this bed to sag more because it lacks the density of the Grand Bed.

All that being said, at 1/10th the price, I don't care. Even if I have to replace this bed every 5 years, that means I'd have 50 years worth of bed, and no offense, but I don't think the tempurpedic would last 50 years.

One other problem I'm finding is the mattress covers. I bought this "wonderful fully sealed waterproof" bed cover that seals the bed inside, the problem is, the memory foam can't breather properly and thus ends up much more firm because the air isn't allowed to flow freely from inside the mattress to outside the mattress cover. I would advise not getting a mattress cover that seals, and probably not a waterproof one either because they get hot and don't feel as comfortable.

6/6/2013
We've had the bed about a year, still no visual signs of sag in the mattress but I wouldn't have expected that at year 1 anyway, I would more expect that by year 2-3. Still no complaints, well, except one, and maybe this is a sign of sag now that I think about it. I can no longer sleep on my stomach with this mattress, it hurts my back. when we first got it, I didn't have an issue with that. now I'm forced to sleep on my side on back but I still occasionally roll over on my stomach and it gives me a back ache in the morning. My guess is the base foam isn't as firm causing me to sink in more when I sleep, thus arching my back when on my stomach.
99 comments| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2012
We have tried just about every bed in the last 10 years. We have a SAM (self adjusting mattress) which is one of our favorites but it is on our old queen bed in the guest room. These beds are actually used in hospitals because they do not cause bedsores on patients when they are in bed for long periods of time. After that we got an isofoam memory foam king mattress which was good for about 6 years and then sagged. We recently replaced that mattress with a sleep number memory foam mattress thinking that the air bags would cure the sagging issue and be the same as a straight memory foam mattress like a tempurpedic. It was not. I thought it was good but my wife could not get a good nights sleep no matter what the number was. Sleep number was very helpful and exchanged that for an i8 bed. The result was the same. My wife did not like it at all. It was not as good as the old memory foam mattress to her. In desperation I thought i would give this mattress a try due to the good reviews. The detailed reviews from some of the people gave me the confidence to try this bed. Even though you can return a mattress the hassle involved in shipping a king mattress back and waiting 60 days for a refund can be annoying to say the least. I was actually thinking there was something else wrong that could not be fixed with a mattress. We have had this mattress for over a month now. She slept all night on the second night and has had no issues at all. She loves this mattress and i have to agree.We ordered it and it came in 2 days. When i unrolled it i thought there was NO way this was a 15" mattress and was sure i had the 12 and would have to return it. In about 4 hours it had expanded to the full 15" to my relief. The only mattress we haven't had is a tepurpedic which was the next option. There is no need for that because you really cannot improve on this mattress. I do not know how long it will last but it should go at least as long as the isofoam. This bed with a 3m ComforTech mattress is as good as it gets. When I saw all of the different layers of foam i thought it was just for show. It really works and was not too hot like our old memory foam mattress. This mattress is the best in our experience. Thanks to all of the people that did the reviews, because it helped my decision. I am doing this to add to the information on the products. It gets a 5 star rating from ordering shipping and using.
33 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2012
I was seriously considering buying the Tempurpedic Grand Bed for $8,000. I wanted a fabulously good bed and I was willing to pay dearly for it. And adding an adjustable base from Tempurpedic would have been another $4,100. Thank goodness a friend of mine talked some sense into me before I could go that route. She said she had a non-Tempupedic memory-foam mattress she was wild about and that I didn't need to spend all that money. I did a LOT of research into the different brands...went to the stores to try a few out. I wasn't able to find a Tempurpedic Grand Bed near me, but I was able to try out the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe...it was niiiiiiiiice. For only $3,700, plus another $1,500 for the adjustable base, I would have been very happy with the Cloud. From my research, I learned that the Grand Bed was a firmer feel than the Cloud Luxe, and also that firmer memory-foam beds last longer than the softer ones. Reading reviews for the DM Luxury Grand 15" here on Amazon.com, and the capsule description saying that it compared to Tempurpedic's Grand Bed, I couldn't resist giving it a try. Although there were only 5 reviews on this particular DM mattress on Amazon.com at the time, there were many very positive reviews on all of the other DM mattresses sold on Amazon.com. I'M SO HAPPY I bought this mattress!!! It appears to be a high-quality mattress. I love that I can unzip the cover and wash it. I haven't unzipped it yet, but I can tell that the very top layer isn't affixed to the rest of the mattress. Maybe that's a good thing, I don't know, but I'm not bothered by it at all. The mattress does have a chemically smell (similar to paint), but it doesn't bother me. I've had it for a week now and it still emits that same scent (less strong than day 1). I imagine that eventually (in a month or so?) it'll be completely undetectable. It was very compact upon delivery, easy to unpack and unroll. It expanded to it's full 15 inches of glory in about 2-1/2 hours (it had been sitting outside my garage for a full day and it was very cold outside). I look so forward to climbing into this bed. It is so comfortable. It's not as soft a feel as the Cloud Luxe, but I can live with that for the difference in price ($700 for this DM mattress plus another $1500 for an adjustable base). Plus, my back probably needs a firmer mattress than the Cloud Luxe anyway. I would say to anyone hesitating to buy this DM Luxury Grand mattress...WAIT NO MORE! I've slept better on this mattress than I have in years. Last Friday, I slept 11 hours straight. When I woke up it was 1 o'clock in the afternoon and I was shocked. It wasn't like I would wake up, see the alarm clock and decide to stay asleep...I didn't wake up AT ALL until 1 o'clock in the afternoon! Given, I was exhausted, but I'm certain that I wouldn't have slept straight through like that with my old mattress (it was a decent mattress, it had just lived it's useful life). I don't toss nearly as much. I'm a side sleeper, and with my old mattress I would switch from side to side, having to move the pillow that I place between my legs from one side to the other. In the week that I've had this mattress, I haven't moved the pillow once...i.e., I sleep on one side and I STAY on that side for the entire night, or if I do switch sides, I'm so comfortable that I don't need the pillow between my legs anymore (to relieve pressure in my lower back). Also, I was concerned about it being too warm, since I'm often a "hot sleeper". I haven't had any problem with it getting too warm. I highly recommend this mattress.
on August 14, 2013
This is my first impression after my first nights sleep atop this mattress...

My wife and I have been looking for a new mattress for at least couple years. We tried tempurpedic and decided a memory foam mattress was the way to go. After much research and many trips to mattress stores, we purchased this bed. It was at least $1000 cheaper than the Englander Latex we were favoring locally. we chose this based on the cost difference. It was definitely not 2 day delivery...more like 10 days. The box was beat so bad my sons asked if some cats had been sharpening their claws on the box. I guess this tells me more of this purchase price goes into making the product and less into the shipping.

I set it up the same day it was delivered. I learned that it is rolled up with the top facing out. If you just set it on your support and roll it out, it will be upside down. It is very heavy and if I did not catch this before rolling it out, I would have had a challenge turning it over. As many have said before me, it did take a few hours to fully expand and it does smell. The smell reminds me of freshly painted walls. My wife could not handle the full night so she slept on our old mattress in the living room.

The bed is much firmer than I expected at first, then you kinds sink in and it feels more plush. It reminds me of water...how it is hard if you do a belly flop, but soft if you just sit. Then there is the heat issue. While it was hotter than my old mattress, it was still nice. It was almost like a heating pad on very low and I liked it.

My overall experience can be summed up by saying, I had my best night sleep in a lot of years on this mattress but it is different than I imagined.

I think its a keeper, but my wife is not sold.

I'll update in a few weeks as we get more use of the bed.

UPDATE...1 WEEK OF USE:

Well I have now slept on this bed for a week..I know that's not much in the life of a bed, but I think this is worth reporting.

Background. I was in an auto accident in 2007. In that accident 2 cervical discs and two lumbar discs were damaged in my spine. They have progressively gotten worse. For the past two years I have spent many sleepless nights and days on the couch not moving. When I did sleep I would not get out of bed until 10am or so which is a big change from the 5am it used to be.

Since getting this bed, my wife has commented to me how much better my mood has been, how much earlier I am waking up, an how much more time I spend sleeping. I have slept every night, all night at least five hours. That's a huge improvement for someone who didn't sleep three or four nights a week. This bed is perfect for me, and my wife is starting to really like it as well.

I hope this keeps up.

ONE MONTH UPDATE....

Well I officially think this was one of our best purchases since we got married 10 years ago. My wife has gotten used to the bed and is really sleeping very well now. She even said she feels more rested than she has since we ended up with two boys. And speaking of ending up with kids...this bed is not as bad for "not sleeping" as some write up might leave you to believe. Sorry for having to go there, but it is an important factor.

I have raised this bed from 4 to 5 stars but reserve the right to change if anything changes.
on February 26, 2013
Purchased this mattress after our Serta pillow top finally gave me to many complaints.
I did extensive review before committing to purchase this mattress. I was hesitant only because money was tight and I desperately needed a new bed. I can easily say that it has been worth every cent.
First let me say that as previously mentioned, this thing is heavy when it arrives. I ordered a queen size and I am by no means a small guy at 6'4" 265 lbs., this thing is heavy. I had to drag it into the house and pick it up but that only lasted till I got into the house. The box was just over 5" high and was bear hugging it as I moved it, good workout for the day setting this up, so I recommend getting help when it arrives.
Next it was amazing to see this mattress is opened and expand. My sons thought I had lost my mind when I said it was mommy and daddy's new bed because when sealed in the plastic it is about 1 1/2 inches thick. There is a smell from the memory foam but it tends to go away after a few days, nothing a candle can't help cover up as it airs out.
On my previous mattress we had a 2 inch memory foam mat and it would feel real hot at night, with this one I have yet to anything other than comfort. I was getting pretty severe joint pains from my old mattress and was losing sleep. To give you an idea of what I deal with I have a lower back problems involving bulging disc, knee restoration, arthritis, and sleep apnea. The first night I slept on this dynasty mattress, I felt no pains from laying still and was completely amazed, I was used to getting up and having sharp pains shoot down my side to my feet and have to walk as if I had got beat up during the night. Ever since getting this mattress, my only complaint is that I have to get out of it in the mornings.
Last let me mention if you buy this mattress be sure you have some deep fitting sheets, 14 inches is a thick mattress. This is much larger than a pillow top with 2 in memory foam. To put it plainly, as tall as I am, when I sit on this mattress I can no longer touch the floor.
on June 5, 2013
I had attended a get together at a friend's house when someone mentioned going to check out the new bed. So 5 of us women traipse upstairs to climb on this new bed. None of us could believe how wonderful it was. The host also had 2 Sleep Number beds in other rooms so we checked them out as well. We could not believe the difference in how much better this bed was and how much less it cost than a Sleep Number. The host said he had only had the bed 6 weeks and had slept soundly every night since receiving it. He said he could never get comfortable on the Sleep Number beds so he began researching and this is the one he ordered and got it from Amazon.

I mentioned the get together (and the bed) to another friend a few days later. She said she had a memory foam mattress and it was the best nights' sleep she'd ever had. She also mentioned her parents had the very expensive (about $8,000) Serta version and she thought her bed slept so much better.

So while not in the market for a new bed, but given the fact that my bed was almost 20 yrs old, I decided it was time for a change and purchased this bed, the exact same bed as the one hosted by my friend at the party.

It arrived in a huge box, about the size of a hot water heater. Took a couple of guys to get it upstairs as it weighs about 150 lbs.

We opened it up to rise and air on a Saturday morning and rise it did. By Saturday night, I was sleeping on my marshmallow! Every part of the bed seems to surround and hug you even though it's a firm mattress.

As for the odor that others mentioned, I put my nose directly on the mattress as soon as it was on the bed and could barely smell anything. So I had no problem by that night.

I feel like a princess in a luxurious hotel so I decided it was time for a full upgrade. After all, we spend a third of our life in bed. So I've been on a quest for soft, cool sheets and have discovered microfiber. They are cool, crisp and light weight as though you've washed them forever and finally got that great feel. The pillow is next.

Bottom line: By all means, buy this mattress and get it from Amazon. I feel like I'm sleeping at a resort!
on May 15, 2014
Well if your anything like me you always research big ticket items by reading customer reviews.

I was in the market for a new mattress and spent hours resesrching online trying to find the right one. While there were some I like in my local furniture store, they were also $2500+.

Onto the Dynasty mattress. I ordered the Queen size. It was delivered on time. The box was a little beat up but that's to be expected with the weight of the item.

First I would highly suggest you have another person to help you get this in the door, let alone up or down and kind of stairs. I'd estimate it weighs 150+lbs and I had one fun time trying to get it to.my bedroom on the second floor by myself. Picture in the movies when they make it halfway up the stairs, lose there balance and everything falls back down. Take it from me, call a friend.

After removing the mattress from the box it's wrapped.in a few layers of plastic. The final layer is vacuum sealed. It's kind of funny looking because the mattress is about 2" thick inside of this. I felt like I just paid $800 for an awesome yoga mat. Now I would advise you unroll the mattress and get it relatively close to where it's going to stay. Once you puncture the vacuum seal the mattress starts expanding pretty quickly and it will be much more difficult to.move.

The first thing you will notice is the smell. This is not my first memory foam mattress, so I was expecting it. It's a chemical smell that will go away in a few days. It's not overbearing once you get your sheets on it. After letting it sit for a couple of hours the mattress had reached its full size. I haven't measured it but I'd guess it's every bit of the advertised 15". It has a pretty nice removable mattress cover/pad.

My first impression? For being memory foam, it's actually soft! This was important to me as I don't care for very firm mattresses. For the other reviewers saying this is firm, I'd be willing to bet you have not sat on very many memory foam mattresses. I've tried temperpedic, serta Icomfort, etc. This by far has the best initial softness feeling and after 5 or 10 seconds you feel the support of it forming to your body. I LOVE IT.

Heat- I don't notice it being any hotter then my previous memory foam mattress. Maybe a little cooler even.

Overall for the price I paid I'd give it a 10/10. There is no way your going to your local furniture outlet and finding something comparable anywhere close to this price.
on May 3, 2015
I was hesitant to purchase this mattress. I mean who in their right mind buys a mattress off of Amazon. Well I did. We needed a mattress and our last $2500 beautyrest was worn out in only 5 years. So we decided on this the 15" mattress.
The first day - When it arrived it was rolled up about the size of a water heater. we unwrapped the mattress on our existing box springs from the old mattress. This mattress weighs a lot. We allowed it to rest for a few hour and slept on it the first night. There is a good odor from the mattress it is foam after all. The smell goes away after a about 6-8 weeks.
6 Months later - This mattress is very supportive. It does retain some body heat. I am 6'5" and 285lbs and the mattress is not the softest. Once it conforms to your body the foam does lose some of its softness. And it does not bounce back right away. I still toss and turn on this mattress but that being said I've gotten the best nights sleeps on this mattress then I've ever had.
7 months -
Having slept on a real temperpedic for a week at a families house the temperpedic is a way better mattress. It's cooler, softer, and rebounds much quicker when you turn over but it's also 4 -6 times the cost.
I am very happy with my mattress.
on September 30, 2013
I, like I am sure many others, was skeptical about ordering a mattress online. I checked out a couple of the big name memory foams (serta i comfort, tempurpedic, etc) and while they felt really comfortable at the stores, i just could stomach the price. I went home, did a lot of research, and stumbled upon Dynasty Mattress. Now, my pregnant wife and I both prefer a med-firm mattress, and are side sleepers. This mattress sleeps interesting, as it is firm, but is very supportive at the same time, there really is nothing like it. It suits as very well firmness wise, either way. I have been sleeping on it for about a month now, and all my little aches and sore back issues are GONE. Shipping was quick, it got here in two days. The box was a little beat up, but hey, it is a 100 plus pound box getting shipped fed ex, what do you expect? We unpacked it and the mattress inflated to full size within a few hours. I will say this about it: there is a chemical smell. No way around it. It seems to be with any memory foam mattress, and its no exception. The odor itself isn't TERRIBLE, its comparable to acetone or nail polish remover. The bulk of the smell went away after 4-5 days, and I must mention, we did NOT air the mattress out properly, we sheeted it up and slept on it the first night. Another completely normal thing amongst memory foam mattress is the warmth. We sleep with our house cold and fans on, and also a heavy comforter on our bed, and i can honestly say, there has been only a handful of times when i woke up warm. When I say warm, its not like I woke up because I was so hot, its more like I woke up to use the restroom and lied back down in the same position i was in before and noticed the bed was still warm. Simply changing positions has always been enough. To make a long story short, we love it. I feel like I bought a very high quality bed for a fraction of the money I was about to spend at a bed store. Thanks Dynasty!

Just an add on to people's questions about its longevity, over 2 years later and it is still awesome. No difference in the mattress whatsoever.
on February 23, 2013
Original review: Jan. 3, 2014

So, I moved across the country, didn't have a bed for 3.5 years, was building up my new life in a new place... I finally got a bed,this bed, and I am so happy I got it. When I ordered it they just ran out, so I had to wait for them to get their next shipment in, it was no big deal as DynastyMattress had communicated with me quickly and promptly. The mattress was wildly skinny in the air tight plastic bag, rolled up in the torn up box, yes I see many get a torn up box, but what's inside is doubled up in plastic, so no big deal.

So... The mattress is wonderful! It's definitely 15 inches, and it's very comfy, a bit more firm then what I expected and not too firm, but the truth is that I like it just the way it is. My mattress was very new, as I said I had to wait for them to get their new shipment, so I expected to have that chemical smell, it was strong for two days, died a lot on the 3rd day, and in two weeks it is completely gone. Make sure you have sheets that fit, cause 15 inch's is thick for a mattress. I am very happy with this quality product. Although I did carry it up a flight of stairs, dragged it into my room, and placed it on my bed, I don't recommend you doing that alone, it was a strain due to its awkward shape and heavy weight! I also bought the "Sleep Master - Platform Metal Bed Frame/Foundation - Perfect for Spring, Latex, and Memory Foam Mattresses" metal bed frame and it is brilliant, more under-bed space, and very strong. Just search that in Amazon and you'll find it. Works GREAT.

UPDATE: Sept. 8th, 2014

So I have had the mattress for some 20 months now. I did worry about it getting to warm, due to reviews I have read. Because of that worry I bought the thickest one they offered, the 15in mattress. I think this was a very smart decision for me as I don't really encounter much of a heat issue. I don't have my AC on when I sleep at night, and I work late, therefore I wake up late. When I wake up the temperature outside is already in the 90's, and I'm a little warm, but nothing like what others are saying. I am pretty sure it's cause I bought the thickest mattress, more are in the mattress is able to breath through.

As everyone knows, it's Temporpedic that is constantly being the brand compared to other foam mattress'. Temporpedic has a patent on their process and foam structure and density, their mattress' are a lot heavier. Due to the patent issued, other brands can't made as dense a foam mattress. They do other tings to compensate, and in this 15in mattress, they give us 7.5 inches of actual memory foam, and the rest is layers of other materials to help spread the "breathing".

I have slept in this bed for all 20 months with the exception of a one week vacation. My mattress has not "sunken" in or failed on me in any way. I'm 155 lbs too. I don't expect it to last as long as a temporpedic due to it being less dense, as per patent, but it is going to be here for a long time.

I should note, I bought this mattress under duress due to a major surgery I was about to have. I wanted to make sure I was able to sleep well and in a bed during my recovery. As silly as it sounds, a foam mattress can be really tricky getting in and out of due to the type of surgery I had, abdomen and intestines. So, I had to literally roll out and roll in the bed for 8 months, but I tell ya, once I "rolled in" during my recovery, I was so extremely comfortable, I slept so well and did not have to, nor need to, move my body position ever during the night. I think this helped with my expected 18 month recovery become just 8 months...

I have noticed the latest reviews seem to be low, not sure if the latest batch of mattress made had a defect in them, but I think it should be checked into cause this is a great bed!