Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Dynatrap DT2000XL Insect Trap, 1-Acre” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 30% off the $199.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Dynatrap DT2000XL Insect Trap, 1-Acre
|You Save:||$56.01 (28%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Indoor / Outdoor
- Includes: Two UV Bulbs (installed); Catch Cage
- 7-Foot cord
- No expensive attractant or propane necessary
- Smokeless - pesticide and odor free
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
A Bigger Design for a Bigger catch. This Dynatrap Insect Trap attracts and kills mosquitoes and other flying insects across 1 Acre. This insect trap is engineered for 3-way protection against mosquitoes and other flying insects. First, a UV fluorescent bulb generates a warm light, attracting insects. Then a second lure, an exclusive Ti02 titanium dioxide-coated surface, produces CO2 that's irresistible to mosquitoes. Third, a powerful yet whisper-quiet vacuum fan sucks insects into the retaining cage where they dehydrate and die. A damper closes when the trap is turned off to prevent insects from escaping.
Compare to similar items
This item Dynatrap DT2000XL Insect Trap, 1-Acre
Dt1050 Dynatrap Flying Insect Trap 1/2 Acre B008JGMOGK
Dynatrap Insect Trap 1 Acre B01G9FBKT4
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||stores123||stores123||Amazon.com||West Hardware Co|
|Item Dimensions||14 x 16 x 14 in||10 x 12 x 10 in||4 x 6 x 4 in||14 x 14 x 16 in|
Top Customer Reviews
1. This needs to run sort of constantly for a week or so to really clean the area out of everything. During that time you really can't turn it off without releasing all the caught insects from the trap below. The flow of air from the fan is the only thing keeping them from escaping - the spring loaded doors do not work - at least not completely - to keep the insects in. The insects are essentially killed by dehydration - which is cruel... but after a decade of being eaten alive, I'm open to a little cruelty to get some of my yard back. If you DO want to turn the unit off, you can fill a water sprayer with water and spray the lower cage with water to immobilize everything inside giving them wet wings. Then you can pop the trap off and crush the inhabitants... this might also be more humane that allowing them to die slowly anyhow. But if you do turn it off with live insects inside, they WILL fly away - at least the small ones, which are generally the ones you actually wanted to catch.
2. This WILL catch all sorts of moths, little ones, medium ones, big beautiful luna moths... If you have a problem with that, this unit will be an issue for you. At night, the moths are attracted to the UV light like moths to... a UV light. They'll fly in and you'll dehydrate them to death in droves. The best solution that I've been able to come up with to get around this is to put some wire lath around the top to prevent entry to larger moths. I did this and it kept the big ones from being sucked in, but the small ones still of the way of the mosquitoes.
Aside from those two notes, I highly recommend this device if you want to clear out a large area of biting insects. I hate junk products - this is NOT a junk product.
Overall, Great product for one season, somewhat ok product for the second season, and then is a piece of junk. The new lights don't do a heck of a lot to change that.
My recommendation for anyone interested in a dynatrap to buy it from hammacher, because they have a lifetime warranty on it. I don't believe Amazon has anything similar, and since this product has a DEFINITE life span, regardless of what they tell you, better to have Hammacher make them send a new one, because their customer service and apparent desire to keep customers is less than awful.