Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 331 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 485 reviews
on March 20, 2017
This is a crazy expensive fan but it works. The heater is a bit better than the cooler but both make my office much nice!
The lack of a colder "cooling" setting holds me back from giving it 5 stars (as does the price).
The rotation is particularly wide so great in a corner.
The remote stores on top of the fan (via magnet) which is nice as it is small and would get lost otherwise.
The fan itself a tad noisy (would be great for sleeping) but usually not enough to interfere with phone calls and such.
on December 30, 2014
After doing the recall, I have been happy with the unit. The fan is louder than I would like it to be but it does keep the room warm. (That was one of the selling points for the unit besides the enclosed fan) The temperature setting on the unit seems to be off or I have it in a bad location since its close to the temperature I would like for the room but the fluctuation in temperature does make the room colder than I would like it to be at times.
on June 10, 2017
Looks sleek, but mine is a piece of junk or the one I bought. Sounds pretty loud on the lowest level and imagine when it is on level 10 at its highest. Very expensive white noise. Was expecting something very quiet, but this isn't it.
on July 19, 2017
Awful, disappointing, lot of noise, almost no air.
Waste of space

Very disappointed
on September 17, 2017
Most (but inexplicably not all) of the plastic on the unit will yellow with even the SLIGHTEST sun exposure. VERY very disappointed.

Considering the EXTREME price for these kind of units - you'd think Dyson would use 100% plastics that are immune to sun exposure.
review image
on March 8, 2014
Heats an office-sized, poorly insulated, room perfectly fine. My only complaint would be excessive fan noise-- something others have already addressed in droves. To me the heater's performance far outweigh that negative.

I still have a decade-old Vornado in storage in another state that I was never dependent on to the degree I have been the Dyson AM05 this unusually harsh Winter, so it's kinda tough comparing the two-- however, I think it's worth noting that Vornados are hundreds of dollars cheaper and not as noisy.
on October 26, 2013
In an apartment, we're at the mercy of our landlord for getting heat and generally have to wait until it's regularly below 50F before they turn it on. With a newborn, we didn't want to take chances so got this as a supplement and it's been perfect for keeping our small-ish bedroom warm on nights when it's 50-60F outside. We'll probably keep the apartment heat on low and use this to regulate the temperature more precisely with the thermostat. Haven't used it in the summer yet, but based on the air flow it should be good for that too.
on December 1, 2015
Wonderful heating unit!

The Dyson AM05 puts off great heat and air volume for such a small device! The temperature setting is a great function when combined with its safety functions makes this a great nursery item in the winter.

A couple cons:
The LED display cannot be secured and shines very bright.
It is very loud which is a function of how good of a fan it is.
on December 28, 2014
This Fan is amazing in every respect. it can heat up a room very fast and efficiently. The only draw back is the Fan noise. Even at the lowest setting, it will wake you up in the middle of the night when it comes on. I guess that is part of the design, being able to move so much air results in the noise. I wish they had a sleep mode that would reduce the noise level.
on January 1, 2015
Let me start by saying I am a huge fan of Dyson's vacuums, so I decided to purchase this heater. This heater is LOUD! At the lowest setting blasting at 99 degree, I got a reading of 81 decibel. Granted I got the reading from an iPhone app. At the max speed, it achieve an reading of 106 decibel. This is default setting for me because this little heater have trouble warming up my 12 x 12 room. I gave this product 2 stars because the built quality is like all other Dyson product, amazing.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.