Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 89 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 325 reviews
on October 14, 2010
I am 100% satisfied with my new Dyson DC14. I paid an unbeatable price for it compared to what I would've paid at a retail store. It arrived within a few days of completing my order, I was amazed at how promptly it shipped and delivered. I chose to write this review as an acolade to the seller and to assure other amazon shoppers who are interested in purchasing from this seller, that this they and their product will exceed their expectations, as it did mine.

In addition to the above stated, I must eagerly comment on the quality of performance, ease of assembly, and its ease of use. I can honestly say that I have found nothing to dislike about this vacuum, of which I can't say the same for all the other brands of vacuums I've wasted my money on over the past 15 years. If you want a vacuum that won't strain your back, a vacuum that you will actually look forward to using (I love it so much that I now vacuum without any procrastination!), a vacuum that will NEVER lose suction, and a vacuum that you can brag about to your friends and family, buy this one!!! Oh, and do not be mislead to assume that the less-than-brand-new price of this vacuum means it is defected in some way. Initially I too was leery; I couldn't help but somewhat expect to open the box and find a scratched up, dirty vacuum, but instead, much to my delighted surprise, it was in an entirely BRAND NEW condition. It not only looks brand new, it works like new.
on September 21, 2010
At first I was skeptical about spending $270 on a vacuum but my boss highly recommended a Dyson and I am I listened.

Took me all of 10mins to set up the vacuum and immediately put it to use in vacuuming my entire condo. Its performance on the carpet was impeccable as I could really feel it digging into the carpet and I never had to go over the same spot twice. It transitioned nicely over to tile as well. Also, I thought the cord length was more then adequate. Perhaps my apartment is just considerably smaller than other ppl's or Dyson fixed the problem? The vacuum itself was very lightweight and glided which much eas.

Once I was done vacuuming (Unfortunately I did not test the attachments but it seemed simply enough to use however I can see where some frustration can be found) I swear the air quality in the apartment had actually improved and then I emptied the cannister (which made me smile it was so easy!) and was in complete shock by what I found it had sucked up. I probably got years worth of dust that other vacuums had missed.

However, I do foresee cleaning the filter being cumbersome and annoying.
I also feel very reassured by Dyson's 5yr warranty.
VINE VOICEon September 21, 2010
The way I came by this vacuum was through the request of a new housekeeper. I had an Oreck and assumed that was doing a pretty good job... However, after cleaning my house for the first time my new housekeeper left me a note asking if there was any chance I could replace the Oreck with a Dyson. I have four cats and her concern was that she was not able to get the hair up. After looking at the prices of the Dyson, my first thought was that the housekeeper was being somewhat presumptuous! Perhaps the Oreck wasn't doing such a bad job after all. Well, I finally came around and I'm glad I did. The Dyson is truly what a vacuum should be. It picks up everything on wood floors, tile, and carpet. I have several area rugs in my house so one has to be somewhat careful as the Dyson will suck up an end/corner very quickly. The first time she used it in my closet, the cannister was completely full of cat hair and this was true throughout all of the carpeted areas in the house. The attachments and wand are fast and easy to use. Having had the Dyson for just a few weeks, I'm completely sold at this point. Highly recommended
on October 26, 2010
We were tired of constantly having to replace our less expensive vacuums so we decided to try Dyson. Boy are we glad we did! Once we got the hang of the wand we were completely impressed with this vacuum. Not only is the suction incredible, but its design is very impressive.

My only caution would be if you take off any of the parts make sure they are correctly snapped back into place to ensure proper suction. (I learned this the hard way)
on August 29, 2010
I am an engineer and love the way all the little parts fit together and pull apart. The assembly instructions were very good and I was Dysoning in just under 10 minutes. I have one dog in a one bedroom apt and after I vacuumed with my old vacuum I came back with the Dyson and had to empty the collection area twice (very easily done btw). The unit was also several dB quieter then my previous vacuum. You can actually carry on a conversation with another person why running the Dyson. The unit is constructed of a lot of plastic but everything seems sturdy enough to make it for at least 5 years or longer. The one thing that I didn't like about the plastic body is that it does develop quite a bit of static electricity (all those dust particles whizzing by) so you need to take off the attachment (easily done as well) and vacuum the head of the vacuum after you are done. Also the transition from carpeted floors and hard surfaces was very easy. Great product and I would buy again... well in 5 years if I had to.
on September 6, 2007
I bought the DC14 a couple of months ago, and I'm very happy with it. The price discouraged me a little, but I knew if the vacuum was as good as they say, it would be worth it. And it is! My carpet is only 2 1/2 years old, and I keep a clean house, so I am amazed how much this vacuum pulls out of my carpet. I vacuum once or twice a week, and there's always a surprising amount of dust and hair in the bin when I finish.
I'm also very happy that I can vacuum my linoleum floors with much less frustration now. When I tried to vacuum them with my old machine, the dirt always flew behind the vacuum, and I had to chase it. The Dyson doesn't do that. It sucks the stuff right up without throwing it around.
I read a lot of reviews for the dc14 before I bought it. I read that some people had trouble pushing it across the carpet. I think it moves great - but you have to turn the knob back to "carpet"! Also, people said it was hard to assemble - if you can push a hose into its slot and snap the attachments into their places, you're ready to vacuum! The other thing is the filter - the instructions tell you to rinse it occasionally.
My home feels healthier since I started using my Dyson. It's a great vacuum!
on June 4, 2007
Can highly recommend the Dyson DC14. I had the previous model DC07 which lasted more than 10 years without any problems at all. This improved model is just as easy to use if not easier. The flex is really long which is an advantage. Its much easier to empty than the DC07 - also the suction goes right to the edges. I have tried many vacuums over the last 40 years and can definitely say that the Dyson is unbeatable and I wouldn't consider anything else. They are also very easy to change a belt and the occasional maintenance by myself (a mere housewife) to clean out any fluff from the workings is the simplest operation and helps increase its life.

Delivery was excellent and it arrived on time.

Don't be pursuaded to go for a cheaper immitation - remember 'you get what you pay for'. If this model lasts as long as its predecessor it'll be worth paying the extra for something so reliable.
on December 1, 2012
The clutch has broken twice within the first year. I believe it operates off of a separate motor? Customer service was very good in getting in fixed, once with a local repair place and once sending it back to the factory for repair. Since that time (last year or more,) it has performed well. Had I known then what I know now I would have purchased a different model that they sell. Since I'm writing this review so late after having purchased it I don't recall all the details but I believe there is a newer version that is more robust and has a single motor and so doesn't have the clutch breakage problems that this one has had.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2010
Purchased this puppy a couple of months ago. I have two cats and let me tell you, this vacuum really does the job well. I've had the Eureka and the DirtDevil, and neither of those even come close to the Dyson.

In my opinion, Pros and Cons:

PROS:
- vacuums everything from carpets to hard wood floors, leaving nothing behind
- doesn't get clogged
- the contents of the rubbish compartment open and close easily, making it very convenient to dispose of the waste

CONS:
-bulky and heavy
-the tube handle that pulls out for small jobs is very annoying to put together and use. I find myself never using the solid tube attachment, but rather use the soft rubbery tube with the attachments, which does the trick

This is the best vacuum cleaner I've had, and I would recommend purchasing it.
on January 6, 2013
I love my Dyson. It's easy to empty and does a great job on the dog hair. You can see when the canister gets full. The only thing I don't really like is the way the tool attachments work. There is a pull out tube is used with the attachments (there are all the standard extras). It's kind of difficult to extend the hose although you can completely remove the long metal tube and use it without that. It can be a little clunky on the steps but the ease on the rest of the floor more than makes up for it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.