Dyson DC14 Animal Cyclone Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Upright vacuum cleaner designed for homes with pets
- Root Cyclone technology ensures powerful, consistent suction
- Telescope reach; mini turbine head; low-reach floor tool
- Brushbar control; clear dust bin; HEPA filter; certified asthma friendly
- Measures 13-3/8 by 14 by 44-6/7 inches; 5-year warranty
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I don't put a lot of credit in the "sweep with old vacuum then sweep with new" to determine how much better the new unit is. I tried sweeping with the new unit and then swept again with the new unit and picked up more dirt. The test that convinced me that this does a better job is on an item that has never been succesfully cleaned with the old vacuum. We have a 2x4 dirt mat that is in front of the door between the garage and house. It is of a thick fiber material that catches and holds dirt and especially dog hair. Our old Hoover bagless has never been able to completely clean it. In order to remove the hair, we had to use a short stiff bristle brush and brush it out. The DC14 did the job. Did it do it in one swipe you ask? No. I had to sweep it good to get it clean but it did remove ALL the hair and dirt. I was definitly impressed.
We have not used the tools enough to form any kind of opinion on them yet.Read more ›
But a $400-$600 vacuum cleaner needs to do more than maintain suction caused by a high air flow. The unit that I purchased had the feature allowing one to turn off the rotating brush while vacuuming hard surfaces. This feature was so temperamental that, for unknown reasons, it would slip out and turn itself off while I was vacuuming carpet. Because of the noise it was only possible to know if the brush was turning by putting something under the brush head. This was dangerous and troublesome. I found that often I'd be vacuuming large areas of carpet without the aid of the rotating brush.
I also found out that the rubber belt for the roller brush was not user replaceable. The fact that the rubber belt quickly stretches under use and thereby causes the belt to slip more and more as it ages, means that it should be regularly replaced for good cleaning results. This should be done several times a year. Although I could replace the belts myself, it would void the warranty.Read more ›
- Amazing suction--can't say enough about this--unbelievable what it picks up, and carpets and floors look great afterward (actually pulls up the nap in your carpet). This thorough removal of dirt should lengthen the life of my carpets, since ground-in dirt grains cut the carpet fibers.
- Fantastic at getting up dog hair--and I must vacuum at least every other day (wish I could just vacuum the dog).
- Onboard hose, wand and attachments so covenient and easy to use, I am much more likely to quickly go over the baseboards, a/c vents and returns, fans, furniture etc. on a much more regular basis.
- Lightweight, easy to pull around on large back wheels or grasp to carry from place-to-place with conveniently low carry handle--no bending or struggling.
- Bagless, so you can see what you're getting (as I could with my Rainbow, but the Dyson picks up so much more!). It's easy to see when to empty clear plastic bin.
- High profile keeps vacuum from reaching all the way under the toe-kicks in my kitchen and other low but open spaces; must sweep first or use attachments.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We have owned this same vacuum for over 10 years! We have owned 2 Alaskan malamute dogs in this time, [ that shed immensely once a year! Read morePublished 2 months ago by P. Brown
I'm 62 years old man and have worked as a design engineer for fortune 500 companies. With that said, I think that the cyclone separation idea is a good one, I believe that Dyson... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Sammy
I have easily owned my Dyson for well over 4 years and purchased it under the recommendation of my mother who had had hers (and still does) for at least 2 years prior to my... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Alison
This is my 2nd DC14, it seems lighter and smaller, and has the same irratating loud noise when I vaccume, but all my external parts from my old one that I love worked. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Rebecca Kruetzfeldt
Hose was no good.Once I replaced it the Dyson now works great.Published 10 months ago by Carlene Campbell
Prior to purchasing a Dyson, we had to buy a new vacuum every year. With many pets and two long-haired people in the house, regular vacuums lost suction, burned out, or just... Read morePublished 13 months ago by ZebraNeighbor
We had an older Dyson that we loved so when it came time to get a new one we decided to try the Animal as we have 3 dogs and have to vacuum often. Read morePublished 13 months ago by David L. Wood
I have had my Dyson DC14 Animal for 11 years (and counting!) which is the longest-running vacuum I have ever had. And it really is the best. Read morePublished 16 months ago by r
See the Top Rated Vacuums in our Vacuum Reviews page. Or, see our lists of the Best Vacuums for Pet Hair, the Best Vacuums for Hardwood Floors, and the Best Vacuums for Carpets