Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi floor cordless vacuum cleaner
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 2 year parts & labor warranty when purchased from an authorized reseller
- Dyson digital motor creates the most power-efficient cordless vacuum cleaner
- Motorized floor tool with carbon fiber brushes to clean hard floors and remove ground-in dirt from carpets
- 22.2V lithium-ion battery releases charge evenly and recharges up to 3 times faster than others. Please fully charge battery for 5.5 hours before first use.
- Root Cyclone technology- Dyson's patented technology that does not lose suction power as you vacuum
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi-Floor
The Dyson DC35 Digital Slim vacuum cleaner has twice the suction power of any other lightweight cordless vacuum cleaner in use, making it the most powerful cordless vacuum. It is ideal for quick, flexible cleaning on all floor types, stairs, upholstery and inside the car. Dyson engineers developed the DC35 for versatile spot cleaning- it’s suitable for every floor surface: carpet, vinyl, tile and wood. It has a motorized floor tool with two types of brushes. Ultra-fine conductive carbon fiber brushes remove fine dust from hard floors. Rotating nylon bristles remove ground-in dirt from carpets. The detachable long-reach wand is made from lightweight aluminum. It reaches high, low and into awkward spaces. You can also remove it and use DC35 as a handheld. A docking station conveniently stores and recharges the machine when not in use, or the battery can also be recharged separately from the machine. The DC35 has a dual power mode that gives you the option of 15 minutes of constant high suction or 6 minutes of MAX suction for more difficult tasks. It’s designed for both larger, longer jobs and tough spot-cleans – with just a push of the button.
Patented Dyson Technology
Root Cyclone Technology for No Loss of Suction: Some vacuum cleaners rely on bags and filters to trap all the dust and dirt. Air is meant to flow through tiny holes, leaving dust and dirt behind. The problem is that when you use them, these tiny holes quickly clog up with particles of dust. This chokes the flow of air, so the vacuum cleaner loses suction. Dyson vacuum cleaners don’t rely on bags to trap dust and dirt. They use patented Root Cyclone technology, which spins the air at incredibly high speeds. The cyclones inside a Dyson vacuum cleaner generate centrifugal forces many thousands of times the force of gravity. Dust, dirt and pet hair are flung out of the airflow and straight into the bin. No bags, no loss of suction.
Smart Accessories Accompany Your Dyson
The Dyson DC35 Digital Slim includes a wall-mounted docking station for easy storing and recharging when the machine is not in use. The DC35 is powered by an intelligent Dyson digital motor. It’s smaller, lighter and faster than conventional motors. The Dyson digital motor in DC35 spins up to three times faster than conventional motors, making the DC35 a power efficient cordless vacuum. The DC35 also uses a 22.2V lithium-ion battery – it releases its charge evenly, so performance stays strong with no drop off. An LED battery indicator lets you know when it needs recharging, and it recharges up to three times faster than others. The DC35 includes a crevice tool for detailed cleaning in tight spaces and a combination brush/wide debris nozzle tool perfect for cleaning upholstery and furniture. The bin on the DC35 cordless vacuum is transparent, so you can see when it needs emptying- and just how much dust and dirt your new Dyson machine has picked up. It’s made of tough polycarbonate and can be emptied with the push of a button- minimizing the risk of contact with dirt. The motorized floor tool on DC35 has two types of brushes for different floor surfaces. The carbon fiber brush bar has rows of ultra fine filaments engineered to remove dust from hard floors. These filaments are made from pure carbon fiber, selected for its anti-static properties. There are also stiff nylon bristles for carpets. They spin up to 1,400 times a minute, removing ground-in dirt. Most other cordless and handheld vacuum cleaners are still designed to need replacement filters – and the cost soon adds up. DC35 uses patented Root Cyclone technology, which spins dust and dirt from the air and straight into the bin, and because DC35 has a washable filter there are no extra costs to worry about. The wand is made from lightweight aluminum. It reaches high, low and into awkward spaces – ideal for cleaning up top, down below and in-between. You can also remove the wand and use DC35 as a handheld for quick clean-ups around the home and removing dirt and dust from the car. The cleaner head articulates 180°, this makes steering around furniture and obstacles easier. And because it stays flat to the floor when pulling back and when the machine is fully reclined, it maintains constant floor contact.
2-Year Parts and Labor Warranty
Your Dyson vacuum cleaner is likely to take a few knocks and bashes during everyday use – but that’s nothing compared to what Dyson puts its machines through during testing and development. All Dyson vacuum cleaners undergo a lengthy and rigorous testing program. That’s why DC35 comes with a free 2 year warranty – parts and labor.
What's in the Box
- DC35 Vacuum
- Operating manual
- Quick start guide
- Motorized floor tool
- Lithium-ion 22.2V battery
- Mains battery charger
- Combination brush/wide debris nozzle tool
- Crevice tool
- 2-year warranty
- Product registration card
Dyson Authorized Resellers on Amazon. com
DC35 Digital Slim
|Powered by Dyson Digital Motor v2||✓||✓||✓|
|Powered by Dyson Digital Motor v6||✓||✓|
|Patented Root Cyclone technology||✓||✓||✓|
|2 Tier Radial cyclone technology||✓||✓|
|Balanced for floor to ceiling cleaning||✓||✓||✓|
|Includes motorized floor tool||✓||✓||✓|
|Includes crevice tool & combination tool||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Includes mini motorized tool for pet hair pick-up||✓||✓|
Whether you're cleaning your carpets, hardwood floors, or above the floor messes, the Dyson DC35 Animal Slim Design Cordless Vacuum Cleaner packs some serious cleaning power into a lightweight stick vacuum. This vacuum features Root Cyclones technology that doesn't lose suction power as you clean. It is the most power-efficient cordless vacuum that spins dust and dirt out of the air and into the bin. Ideal for quick cleaning, the DC35 comes with a detachable wand for easy floor to ceiling cleaning. When you're done cleaning, easily empty the full dust cup without making a mess. Your cleaning will be done in a snap with the Dyson DC35 Animal Slim Design Cordless Vacuum Cleaner.
Compare to similar items
This item Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi floor cordless vacuum cleaner
Dyson V6 Cord Free Vacuum
Dyson DC59 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson V6 Motor Head Cord-free Vacuum
Hoover BH52210PC Cruise Cordless 22V Lithium Ion Lightweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson V6 Animal Cord-free Vacuum
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Muse Deal (No Tax)||Carolinas||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||9.1 x 11.8 x 44.1 in||8.2 x 9.8 x 46.4 in||10.7 x 29.2 x 6.1 in||46.6 x 8.3 x 8.1 in||9 x 9 x 45 in||8.7 x 9.8 x 46.4 in|
|Item Weight||4.8 lbs||4.5 lbs||8.8 lbs||4.5 lbs||4.7 lbs||5 lbs|
|Additional Features||Root Cyclone technology||Hassle-free., cordless, bagless||Radial Cyclone technology||Cord-free, Hassle-free., cordless, bagless||Cyclonic, Headlights||Cord-free, Hassle-free., cordless, bagless|
Top customer reviews
A few thoughts so far:
This has the typical advantages of normal Dyson vacuum cleaners such as bagless, easy to use (and empty), great suction, etc but here are a few more
+ Cordless means it is quick and easy to grab and use so it's great for cleaning up around the dining table and after the kids. I'm more likely to use this and vacuum occasionally, rather than waiting til everything is really dirty before dragging our big vacuum cleaner out
+ Can use with or without the wand attachment which means it is much more flexible than an upright vacuum cleaner
+ Solidly built and very easy to clean/use and move around.
+ The suction is probably as good as my big Dyson (or almost as good). It is fantastic for cleaning the car mats/seats.
+ 15 mins of suction is more than enough to do the dirty bits of the house, and in fact almost all the house. I wasn't sure about this but it's more than enough (e.g. yesterday I did 5 rooms + hallway and it didn't run out of charge).
+ Fast to charge (approximately 3 hours) and comes with docking station
+ Li ion battery means no battery memory, and it has a removable battery which means it can be easily replaced. Batteries hopefully aren't too ruinously expensive (they seem ok from my current check)
+ Looks great. :)
Cons (most of these are fairly minor)
- Expensive, it would be cheaper to buy some of the other Dysons!
- A little bit heavier and harder on the wrist/hand than I thought (but I guess that is why it has a decent battery life). After 5 mins vacuuming, my hand was slightly sore but you can always change hands.
- Don't like having to squeeze the trigger all the time. There is no way to leave it on. This constant squeezing of the trigger may contribute to the sore hand/wrist.
- Electrical cord is rather short, especially given most power points are on the floor and the docking station will be up high. It means your docking station needs to be very close to a power point or you need an extension cord
- Motorised head is narrower than I thought so it takes longer to vacuum than using the big Dyson, but the tradeoff is not having to move the extra weight of a full sized vacuum
- A flexible hose attachment for getting hard to reach places (e.g. under the car seat) is not included
- No pass through charge, otherwise I could vacuum while it is on the charger (and use it as a normal vacuum)
- Doesn't stand upright by itself (but that's not a big deal).
- When charging, the charging status light is shown on the adapter at the power point, not on the vacuum cleaner itself. This is really strange, especially given
(i) your power point is likely to be low, less visible than the top of the vacuum cleaner, and possibly even obscured.
(ii) there is an indicator light on top of the vacuum that indicates when it is turned on. This light should have been used to indicate charge status. I'm not sure why this indicator light is needed for feedback given you can't really turn it on by accident, and if you do it emits this loud vacuuming noise. A charging indicator on the cleaner itself would be helpful (but not essential).
Edit - after 4 years of owning this, and being pretty happy, it is now starting to die.
I've had to replace the motorised head (faulty) but now the Max power switch doesn't switch the vacuum to maximum power. Instead it just stops working. Even on normal power, it is now not sucking very well. I have hard floors and it is now pushing breadcrumbs, etc (from my now 5 year old) around rather than sucking them up. I'm sure that when I first bought this, it didn't do this. If I take off the motorised head, it can still suck well but something seems to have gone wrong so the motorised head isn't working well enough to suck up food crumbs.
I'll be considering getting a cheaper vacuum now as I believe the repair/service costs will be very high
I've cleaned out the motorised vacuum head (there was a blockage in the tube) and it turned out that was the main problem with loss of suction. However, the Max power button still doesn't work properly. I'll wait til this one completely dies before replacing it.
- Suction is great. Don't know what planet the people are on who say it's lacking here. Oh, and BTW: Vacuum varies based on elevation, so if you live at like 9,000' yeah, ANY vacuum won't suck (or will suck, depending on where you're coming from).
- Overall design is fantastic. Smart, smart, smart. Dyson obviously puts a LOT of thought into their design and I, for one, appreciate that.
- Trigger: So I was concerned about this. But it's fine. Actually, it's (look for the theme, here) SMART. Why? Because you're looking at about 15 minutes runtime. Which is plenty. But the trigger forces you to turn the damn thing OFF when you move to another room, put it down to move a chair, whatever. Think about it: They put an ON/OFF switch and some dimwit will leave it on when they walk off to answer the phone, check on Fluffy, whatever...and when the battery runs out they will be the ones to gripe. So the trigger is fine. No sweat.
- Maneuverability: This thing will go ANYWHERE. Whatever it "supposedly" lacks in anything else, it makes up for in ease of use and the ability to get into small, strange places.
- Cost: Yeah, it's expensive. So are luxury cars and you generally get what you pay for. Given that this thing improves my quality of life I am MORE than happy to pay the price.
- Accessories/Mounting Plate: Again, smart and very minimalistic.
- Battery life: OK, so I live in a smaller home, about 1,600 sq. ft. and while I have yet to run out of juice I can understand how if you lived in a big house this might be an issue. Not sure what to tell you...either get a corded one or just vacuum for 15 minutes at a time. I read a review where a lady said "Life is too short to spend more than 15 minutes vacuuming." Well-said, lady. Well-said.
I have used this thing nearly every day for three reasons: 1) It's just cool. 2) I am consistently amazed with the stuff it picks up. And let me tell you, we keep a clean house. That said, I dump the canister and just shake my head. 3) When something is easy to use, you're more likely to use it. Being cordless is just the way to go.
So by now you are sick of reading so let me just tell you that the Dyson gets two big thumbs up/5-stars from a hard-to-please, penny-pinching skeptic of a consumer.
UPDATE: We purchased our DC35 in March 2011. I'm writing this in January 2014. So almost three years has elapsed. The little DC35-that-could has cleaned our house a gazillion times . It's cleaned cars, lamps, and as of 1/2012 carseats (!)...you name it. Such a great tool. And then (drumroll), it happened: for no reason, when vacuuming over carpet the brush head stopped spinning. Oh man! So I took it apart, removed 1.7 million miles of hair and string and whatever, and figured that was it. Well, no. It still had plenty of suction and the brush would spin on smooth floors but not on anything with texture, like it used to. And I have to say I was bummed...but not completely because we had used the heck out of it. And I figured buying a part or paying for a repair would be reasonable. Because otherwise it acts/looks new.
So let me tell you about some awesome, Zappos-quality customer service. I emailed Dyson at their generic "firstname.lastname@example.org" email address (or something like that). Honestly, I didn't expect anything but a canned reply telling me to call them. BUT WOULDN'T YOU KNOW, within 24 hours I got a real live reply, very courteous, asking for the serial #, purchase date and contact info. Fair enough. Again within 24 hours I get an email saying "We're very sorry for your trouble, the part is on the way." And that's it. No run-around, no hoops, just straight-up fantastic customer service that took a grand total of 2 emails.
WOW. So the part isn't here yet, but I fully expect it to fix the problem and we'll be back in bidness for another zillion or so cleanings. That is how you do business, and that is how you retain customers. I don't care a whole lot about the part breaking, because things break. I care a LOT about how I was treated, and in this case it was awesome. Thanks, Dyson!
In the house, I have not found that it is necessary to use it on max -it does a great job with just regular power. The only time I found that I needed max power was when I vacuumed my car because dead grass and stuff really sticks in the carpet. I had to go over it several times in there, but in the house, it is not necessary -one sweep is plenty.
This vacuum is so much better than the cheap ones that I have purchased in the past (I've had 3 different brands). Those do not pick up near as well as this one does. I will say it's a little awkward to hold and it's top heavy so you really need to mount it on the wall to store. It does get a little heavy in the hand, but I don't mind-I just figure that the design is made so that it works well. I would definitely buy this again and recommend it to others.
Most recent customer reviews
Customers also shopped for
See the Top Rated Vacuums in our Vacuum Reviews page. Or, see our lists of the Best Vacuums for Pet Hair, the Best Vacuums for Hardwood Floors, and the Best Vacuums for Carpets