Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Dyson DC41 Animal Complete Upright Vacuum Cleaner ..." and save 24% off the $649.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $21.61 shipping
+ Free Shipping
3-Year Floor Care Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions after manufacturer's warranty expires
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Dyson DC41 Animal Complete Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Fuchsia - Pink
|Price:||$717.88 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 5 year parts & labor warranty when purchased from an authorized reseller
- Radial Root Cyclone technology- airflows remodeled to maximize suction power.
- The strongest suction at the cleaner head- cleaner head self-adjusts for optimal contact, even on hard floors.
- Ball technology steers smoothly and turns on a dime
- Lightweight and durable- engineered materials are selected for their strength and durability- less weight and bulk.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum, Bordeaux (NV752)
Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 Upright Vacuum
HOOVER T-Series WindTunnel Pet Rewind Bagless Corded Upright Vacuum UH70213PC, Cobalt Blue
Dyson DC65 Animal Complete Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson DC41 Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner with Tangle-free Turbine Tool
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$30.35|
|Sold By||gamestore4U||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||ZAL Tech (TAX Free Anywhere)||Daily Market|
|Item Dimensions||11.5 x 10.7 x 36.4 in||11.9 x 13.2 x 45 in||13.39 x 15.59 x 41.93 in||13.5 x 13 x 44 in||11.5 x 10.7 x 36.4 in||11.5 x 10.7 x 36.4 in|
|Item Weight||27.7 lbs||15.4 lbs||15.6 lbs||18.7 lbs||27.1 lbs||26.7 lbs|
|Additional Features||corded, bagless, cyclonic||corded, bagless, HEPA filtration, Washable filter||corded||—||Tangle-free Turbine Tool||corded, bagless, cyclonic|
From the Manufacturer
DC41 Animal Complete is a Dyson Ball upright vacuum cleaner for powerful all-around dirt and pet hair removal. The machine’s cleaner head has an active base plate, which self-adjusts automatically for optimal contact with all floor types. On hard floors the base plate lowers to create an efficient seal, and the brush bar lifts clear off the floor to protect delicate surfaces. On carpet the base plate rises and the brush bar lowers for optimum bristle penetration – removing ground-in dirt and pet hair from different depths of carpet pile. And because the cleaner head adjusts automatically, there are no dials and you don’t need to bend down to make adjustments.
Dyson cyclones capture more dirt than any other cyclone. DC41 Animal has Radial Root Cyclone technology with remodeled airflows to maximize suction power. It also comes with a Mini turbine head to clean pet hair and dirt from confined spaces, upholstery, stairs and the car. DC41 Animal also has patented Ball technology. It turns on the spot, which allows you to manoeuvre more easily around obstacles and into awkward spaces. And because the motor and other key technologies are located in the ball, there are fewer components on the outside of the machine. This makes it easier to steer closer to edges.
Patented Dyson TechnologyDyson engineers are constantly testing and inventing, trying to find new ways to make their technology work better. As they work, they file patent applications to protect their inventions from copycat manufacturers. That’s why the only place you’ll find Dyson technology is inside a Dyson machine.
Radial Root Cyclone Technology Ordinary vacuum cleaners rely on bags and filters to trap dust and dirt. As you use them, the tiny holes in the bag and filter clog up with particles of dust. This restricts the flow of air, so the vacuum cleaner loses suction. Dyson vacuum cleaners don’t rely on bags to trap dust and dirt. They use cyclone technology, which spins the air at incredibly high speeds. The cyclones inside a Dyson vacuum cleaner generate centrifugal forces many thousands of times the force of gravity. Dust, dirt, and pet hair are flung out of the airflow and straight into the bin. No loss of suction. Dyson has been continually refining cyclone vacuum technology since inventing it more than 20 years ago. DC41 Animal Complete has new Radial Root Cyclone technology. Reconfigured air channels and improved flow efficiency reduce turbulence and preserve air pressure, so that the inner cyclones can extract more microscopic particles. These refinements help remove more dirt, dust, allergens, and pet hair from the airflow.
Ball Technology to Help You Steer with Ease Dyson Ball upright vacuum cleaners use patented Ball technology to overcome the steering limitations of fixed wheels. They ride on a ball, which turns on a dime, so you can steer with ease, changing direction with just a turn of the wrist. The ball itself is made of glass-reinforced polypropylene - the same material used in the manufacturing of car dashboards. It combines high impact strength with resistance to distortion. The ball also holds the heaviest component, (the motor), positioned towards the base for a lower center of gravity and greater stability.
FeaturesSelf-Adjusting Cleaner Head: DC41 Animal Complete has an active base plate. It creates the optimum cleaner head contact for every floor type, reducing air leaks and retaining suction power on all floor types - wood, carpet, vinyl, and tile.
Tangle-Free Turbine Tool: Pet hair can gather in awkward spaces and get stuck on upholstery. The Tangle-Free Turbine Tool has counter-rotating heads with integrated brushes for removing pet hair and dirt. Because there’s no brush bar for hair to wrap around, more hair is released straight into the bin. It’s the only turbine tool that doesn’t tangle.
Instant Release High-Reach Wand: DC41 Animal Complete has an instant release, long-reach wand for cleaning stairs and hard-to-reach places - it stretches up to 5 times in length. There are no separate parts to assemble.
Extra Tools: DC41 Animal Complete comes with a tool bag containing a Stiff Bristle Brush, Soft Dusting Brush, Multi-Angle Brush, and Zorb powder. There’s also a Combination Tool and a Stair Tool. The Combination Tool has a debris nozzle that converts to a brush tool for dusting. The Stair Tool removes dirt and dust from corners and against the vertical edges of stairs.
Captures Allergens, Expels Cleaner Air: Dyson cyclones capture microscopic particles down to 0.5 microns in size, including pollen, mold, and bacteria.
Clear Bin Lets You See When It Needs Emptying: The bin on a Dyson vacuum cleaner is transparent so you can see when it needs emptying - and just how much dust, dirt and pet hair your new Dyson machine has picked up.
No Extra Costs: Other vacuum cleaners are still designed to need replacement bags and filters - and the cost soon adds up. Dyson vacuum cleaners don’t have bags and have washable filters, so there are no extra costs to worry about.
5-Year Warranty: Your Dyson vacuum cleaner is likely to take a few bumps and bruises during everyday use - but that’s nothing compared to what Dyson puts its machines through during testing and development. All Dyson vacuum cleaners undergo a lengthy and rigorous testing program. That’s why DC41 Animal Complete comes with a 5-year warranty, parts and labor.
Dyson Authorized Resellers on Amazon.comOnly Dyson vacuums and fans purchased from an Authorized Reseller satisfy the quality assurance standards of Dyson and include a valid Dyson parts and labor warranty. Please see a full list of Authorized Amazon Marketplace Resellers here.
|What's In The Box?|
|DC41 Animal Complete Vacuum|
|Quick Start Guide|
|Tangle-Free Turbine Tool|
|Stiff Bristle Brush|
|Combination Accessory Tool|
|Product Registration Card|
| || |
DC41 Animal Complete
Full Size or Compact
Radial Root Cyclone technology
Radial Root Cyclone technology
Radial Root Cyclone technology
2-tier Radial Cyclone technology
Cleaner Head Technology
Engineered for Pet Hair Pick-Up
Suitable Floor Types
|15.3 ft||15.4 ft||15.4 ft||8.5 ft|
|24.7 ft||35 ft||35 ft||24.9 ft|
|40 ft||51 ft||51 ft||33.4 ft|
|12.2 in||13.3 in||13.3 in||11 in|
|0.42 gal||0.55 gal||0.55 gal||0.21 gal|
|Instant Release||Instant Release||Instant Release||Instant Release|
|200 a/w||235 a/w||235 a/w||128 a/w|
|Combination tool, Stair tool||Tangle-free Turbine tool, Combination tool, Stair tool||Tangle-free Turbine tool, Combination tool, Stair tool, Soft Dusting Brush, Stuff Bristle, Brush, Multi-Angle Brush, Zorb Carpet Powder||Tangle-free Turbine tool, Combination tool, Stair tool|
|5 years||5 years||5 years||5 years|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When it arrived, my husband put it together. I didn't hear any angry exclamations or confused mutterings from the next room, so it must not have been too difficult to figure out. I peeked at the instructions in the user manual and it's mostly a bunch of pictures and arrows; none of that "insert Tab A into Slot B" crap.
I took my new DC41 out for a test drive and I have to say that I was impressed. I did the "vacuum with my old machine and then with the new one to see how much the old one missed" test, and sure enough, the DC41 pulled up a significant amount of dust, dirt, and animal hair. (Considering it's ~10 years newer, it better outperform the old model!)
Compared to the DC07, the DC41 seemed to have about the same level of workmanship and sturdiness, but updated (the features are a little better thought out). I liked that the cord length was the same (possibly longer). The DC41 was much quieter, lighter, and smaller, especially at the front of the vacuum; this means I can finally vacuum underneath the cabinetry in the living room (the DC07 was too bulky to fit underneath). And of course, the DC41 is much more maneuverable due to the ball.
One reviewer complained that the cord must be completely unwrapped to use attachments because the top cord hook is attached to the hose. That was true for DC07 too, but at least on the DC41 you can simply twist the top cord hook 180 degrees to immediately unwrap (dump) the cord.
Another reviewer noted that the DC41 throws off a lot of heat. This doesn't bother me much, as I generally only vacuum one room at a time, but it could be an issue if you try to vacuum your whole house at once.
The air filters are HEPA, despite what another reviewer said. The manual does say that the air filters should be washed out every 3 months.
As for the accessory tools and brushes, this Complete model comes with several. Unfortunately, there's only room to store two of them on the vacuum itself. They do provide a rather nice fold-up bag to hold the remainder of the accessories, with room for acquiring more. The user manual does not explain the accessories, so here's a quick rundown:
* Combination tool - a 2-in-1 tool that effortlessly transforms from a debris nozzle to a brush tool for dusting and back again at the push of a button. This tool is stored on the vacuum.
* Stair tool - a small attachment tool with 2 red felt strips on the underside to attract pet hair. It is used for removing dirt and dust from corners and the vertical edge of stairs. This tool is stored on the vacuum.
- Tangle-free turbine tool - a large tool with 2 rotating brushes and 1 red filter wheel (?), all visible from the top of the tool. This tool is used for removing pet hair and dirt on upholstery, stairs, cars, and confined spaces without tangling up.
- Soft dusting brush - a large, elongated soft-bristle brush with clear plastic on top. It is used for dusting shelves, lights, electronics, and other delicate items.
- Stiff bristle brush - a small brush with stiff bristles. It is used for dislodging ground-in, stubborn dirt and dried mud.
- Multi-angle brush - a large attachment that kind of looks like a brush on the end of a U-shaped plastic tube. This brush is used for high-reach cleaning (ceiling fans, overhead lighting, etc.).
Basically, if you want a powerful, durable vacuum that never loses suction, then you should buy a Dyson. There are no bags to buy or replace, the timing belt is warrantied for 5 years, and the HEPA air filters are washable and guaranteed for life. It sucks well, maneuvers well, and works on carpet and hard flooring. Yes, you'll pay for this quality up front, but to me, it's worth the money to not be frustrated by my vacuum. You need the proper tool to do a proper job; it'll make your life a whole lot easier. I'm glad I bought this vacuum, my second Dyson.
**Update 7/19/13: So I've been using my Dyson for a little while now (~2 months), and I have to say that I'm still very happy with it. Even my husband, who is not prone to compliments, made positive remarks about it. My favorite features are the ball mobility and low profile at the front of the vacuum; vacuuming takes much less time and effort than it used to. A few more things I really like (not mentioned above):
- Vacuuming a room with multiple surfaces is much, much easier now. My old DC-07 had a manual switch on the base that you had to flip every time you switched from carpet to hard floors, and vice versa. My husband forgot to flip the switch most of the time; using the wrong mode greatly reduces its sucking power. The DC-41 automatically switches for you so there's nothing to remember and you can vacuum a little more effortlessly.
- The attachment hose wand thing simply extends from the base now. The old DC-07 required you to completely remove the wand, flip it 180 degrees, and then re-insert it. Using attachments on the DC-41 is much quicker and easier.
- Dyson moved the cord clip (the thing that keeps the cord from unwinding when you're done vacuuming) from the plug itself to just above the plug (on the cord). I couldn't understand why they did this until the first time I stepped on the plug with bare feet (my husband had left the vacuum unplugged with the cord all over the ground). It didn't hurt! Before, with the DC-07, the clip on the cord stuck up at a 90 degree angle from the plug. If you stepped on the plug, it was like stepping on a Lego piece - *OUCH!* Simply moving the clip to the cord itself ensures that the clip almost always lies flat in a harmless manner. Also, the plug no longer has any corners or sharp edges on it; it is round and smooth now.
These are all great examples of how the Dyson engineers are continuously tweaking and improving their vacuums. The cord clip on the DC-07 worked just fine, but had a minor inconvenient aspect that they obviously worked on and refined over the years. If the engineers were willing to put that much time and effort on such a minor feature of the vacuum, then how much time did they put into the most important features? This is a huge reason why I love my Dyson!
If you found my review helpful, especially the detailed description of the accessory tools and brushes, then please click on the "Yes" button below so it can help others too. Thanks!
Once my DC65 Animal arrived in the mail, I did what any Dyson lover would do: I compared it to my old one. :D This photo will show you what you want to know. I used my old DC14 Animal vacuum on my 15ft x 15ft family room and got the first pile of dirt. I then immediately vacuumed it again with my new DC65 Animal and got a 2nd...much larger...pile of dirt.
For anyone who has a love-affair with cleanliness: make the purchase. You'll never regret it.
Oh, and even though it weighs 17 pounds - you don't feel it. It gently pulls itself perfectly. My DC14 weighs 18 pounds, but is not as easy to push or steer as this new DC65.
My only "complaint" is that the tool attachments aren't quite intuitive to me. I will have to actually reference a manual.
Most recent customer reviews
Purchased a band new Dyson DC65 Multi Floor Vacuum on Nov 3, 2015 after using Hoover Vacuum for almost 10 years.Read more