2 Year Floorcare Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's labor warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Dyson DC44 Animal Digital Slim MK2
|Price:||$419.88 + $17.59 shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 2 year parts & labor warranty when purchased from an authorized reseller
- Dyson digital motor: 3 times faster than conventional motors. The most power-efficient cordless vacuum.
- Motorized floor tool with carbon fiber brushes. Ultra-fine conductive carbon fiber brushes clean hard floors. Rotating nylon brushes remove dirt gound into carpets.
- 20 minutes increased run time. 20 minutes of high constant suction.
- Additional tool included: Mini motorized tool.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Dyson DC44 Animal Digital Slim MK2
DC44 Animal is the new Dyson Digital Slim vacuum cleaner - the cordless machine that doesn’t lose suction. Powered by the Dyson digital motor, it is the most powerful cordless vacuum. It comes with a mini motorized tool to remove pet hair and dust from awkward spaces and upholstery. Dyson engineers developed DC44 Animal for versatile floor-to-ceiling cleaning. The center of gravity is located towards the grip for easy handling up top, down low, and in-between. It’s suitable for every floor surface: carpet, ceramic, vinyl, and wood. DC44 Animal has an increased run time compared with the DC35: 20 minutes of constant high suction. Boost mode enables 8 minutes of higher suction power for more difficult tasks. A docking station conveniently stores and recharges the machine when not in use. The motorized floor tool has two types of brushes: anti-static carbon fiber filaments remove fine dust from hard floors; stiff nylon brushes remove ground-in dirt from carpets. With an increased power motor driving the brush bar, the cleaner head has double the power of DC35 - this means that the bristles are driven deeper into the carpet with more force. The detachable long-reach wand is made from lightweight aluminum. When the wand is removed, the motorized head attaches directly to the machine for cleaning stairs and car interiors. Like all Dyson vacuum cleaners, DC44 Animal has patented Root Cyclone technology - so it doesn’t lose suction as you clean.
Patented Dyson Technology
Some vacuum cleaners rely on bags and filters to trap dust and dirt. Air is meant to flow through tiny holes, leaving dust and dirt behind. When you start to use the vacuum, these tiny holes quickly clog up with particles of dust. This chokes the flow of air, so the vacuum cleaner loses suction. Dyson vacuum cleaners don’t rely on bags to trap dust and dirt. They use patented Root Cyclone technology, which spins the air at incredibly high speeds. The cyclones inside a Dyson vacuum cleaner generate centrifugal forces many thousands of times the force of gravity. Dust, dirt, and pet hair are flung out of the airflow and straight into the bin. No bag, no loss of suction. The DC44 Animal is powered by an intelligent Dyson digital motor. It’s smaller, lighter, and faster than conventional electric motors. The Dyson digital motor in DC44 Animal spins up to three times faster than conventional electric motors. It makes DC44 Animal the most powerful cordless vacuum.
The motorized floor tool on DC44 Animal has two types of brushes. The anti-static carbon fiber filaments remove fine dust from hard floors. Stiff nylon bristles remove ground-in dirt from carpets. The cleaner head pivots 180° without losing floor contact. A self-adjusting sole plate maintains optimum contact from floor to floor. And V-Ball technology enables smooth steering around furniture and obstacles. No more awkward moves. DC44 Animal has a boost mode that gives you the option of 20 minutes of constant high suction or 8 minutes of even higher suction. It’s designed for both larger, longer jobs and difficult tasks - just push the button. The wand is made from lightweight aluminum. It reaches high, low and into awkward gaps - ideal for floor to ceiling cleaning. You can also remove the wand and attach the motorized tool for quick clean-ups around the home and for removing dirt and dust from the car. Most other cordless and handheld vacuum cleaners are still designed to need replacement bags and filters - and the cost soon adds up. DC44 Animal uses patented Root Cyclone technology, which spins dust and dirt from the air straight into the bin. With no bags or filters to replace, there are no extra costs to worry about.
2 Year Parts & Labor Warranty
Your Dyson vacuum cleaner is likely to take a few bumps and bruises during everyday use - but that’s nothing compared to what Dyson puts its machines through during testing and development. All Dyson vacuums undergo a lengthy and rigorous testing program. That’s why DC44 Animal comes with a 2 year warranty- parts and labor.
What's In The Box?
- DC44 Animal Vacuum
- Motorized floor tool
- Docking station
- Mini motorized floor tool
- Combination brush/wide debris nozzle tool
- Crevice tool
- Operations manual
- Quick start guide
- 2-year warranty
Dyson Authorized Resellers on Amazon. com
DC35 Digital Slim
|Powered by Dyson Digital Motor v2||✓||✓||✓|
|Powered by Dyson Digital Motor v6||✓||✓|
|Patented Root Cyclone technology||✓||✓||✓|
|2 Tier Radial cyclone technology||✓||✓|
|Balanced for floor to ceiling cleaning||✓||✓||✓|
|Includes motorized floor tool||✓||✓||✓|
|Includes crevice tool & combination tool||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Includes mini motorized tool for pet hair pick-up||✓||✓|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After some initial negative issues from the seller, I reordered from another vender without issues. Now, after a year of use, this Updated review is on the merits & performance of the Dyson Animal.
1. This vac does generally pick up material & function fairly well. But the trigger is very annoying & difficult to hold fore any length of time, esp if you have any arthritis or hand joint issues. It is NOT USER FRIENDLY.
Over time, I grew weary of the poor engineering & low quality of this Dyson DC44. Yes it does have suction, but for me there is more to a vac than just suck. For one thing, the shaft is amazingly flimsy for such an expensive machine. The plastic tube, the plastic latch connector blocks for powered accessories & at the motor body are flimsy and fit loosely. When moving the unit around vacuuming the floor etc it feels like trying to sweep with a wet noodle,
2. Battery life is short & replacement batteries expensive, The collector cup is annoyingly small and difficult to dump. It cannot be detached so the stuff tends to get everywhere when dumping. It always makes a mess just getting the dusty junk out of the small container. The features are NOT USER FRIENDLY! I really don't care how much suction it has if the COLLECTION CUP is TINY and difficult to manage.
3. CONCLUSION: Nice Idea but POOR EXECUTION. It takes a while to get to know a vacuum so I don't jump to conclusions. I own 3 Dysons, 1 portable. It is clear to me Dyson has great advertising,... but this Animal portable is Over priced & would return it in a heartbeat if I could. For a portable vac, I went back to the cord with Shark Rocket True Pet with stronger, lightweight metalized shaft with very strong /solid air tight snap connections,...plus an excellent LARGE collection cup that is easily removable with one hand,... great engineering & LESS Expensive. The Shark is so user friendly /well engineered & really don't mind the electrical cord like I thought I would. That surprised me,...but was happy to find a good alternative to battery cordless.
BOTTOM LINE: This Dyson is a poor value. Over priced, poorly engineered, short battery life, small collection cup that's difficult to dump. Pros: No electrical cord, Lots of suction that is compromised via poor engineering and cheap fitting plastic connections. Throwing money at the most expensive portable does not always guarantee the best, user friendly vacuum. But that's always the hope with a Dyson.
As other reviews indicate there are pros & cons to this Dyson DC44. Based on overall value, performance, quality & ease of use the DC44 EASILY EARNS 1-STAR.
*****End Update**** Orig initial review is below.
This was supposedly a NEW DC44 from japan direct. The outside box was fine but the inner product box had a 4 inch hole thru to the inside. So it was damaged not in shipment, but before it got to me. The shrink wrap around the inside product box was slit open on the end and about 1/2 of the end flap of the box was knifed out. Strange. A sticker with a serial number was half stuck on the box. I immediately returned the item without going any further. Item looked suspect: possibly a knock off, not a new item, odd packaging like maybe refurbished. Amazon needs to police the venders more closely. I was shocked that this was passed off as being a new item and charging a new price. Buyer Beware.
Very convenient, I do not hesitate to grab this off the wall and do a quick spot cleaning. With my previous canister vacuum, I had to go to a storage drawer and pull out the canister and the detached hose and sections of extension tubes and various heads and the long unraveled cord, check the bag and if full change it then plug it in put it together and then after a few minutes of vacuuming go through the reverse process only to find more hair I may have missed because the cord didn't reach the remote areas. So rather than shlep all the parts out, I would just leave the hair for another time. This (to me) was a pain and more often than not, I would just put it off until the drifts of hair were like icebergs floating around the house. This is the reason I gave it a 5 star rating. It works and it gets used and it's even fun to use. I have seen complaints about the trigger not locking. Since this is not intended to be a full house vacuum, I think this is more of a benefit to preserve battery power than a negative. Since it is designated as "animal" I think most will probably use it to pick up hair which tends to clump together in corners and along edges, so I just point and shoot where ever I see hair. I can easily touch up the whole house in this manner since it is not running as I walk around looking for dirt and hair to pick up.
the not so good...
The lint bin is tiny. Anyone with multiple pets will get this. Even using it frequently results in several trips to the trash to empty the hair, bit of a pain, but not a deal breaker, just saying it should be bigger. The vacuum is as everyone mentions very, very, very, very, expensive, did I say it was very, expensive? The sound the motor makes sounds exactly like my wife's hair dryer and I would guess that it moves about the same amount of air. I mean $400 for what is really just a reverse hair dryer and some attachments, it is over priced, but still beats the competition on performance. I equate this to buying a very expensive car like a BMW or Mercedes over a cheaper utilitarian car for about a quarter of the money. If you can afford it, it is nice to drive an expensive car even though it is still just a car and does the exact same thing as a Chevy or Ford without the bells and whistles. And, it's not like everyone who rates this thing doesn't complain about the price, so it should be no surprise and you have been warned. It is definatly a luxury purchase. On a personal note, I do think you are paying a lot for advertising and pretty candy colors and Dyson does do a lot of testing and R&D, so you decide if the value is there. I am just rating it on it's functionality. I must say, I do like the wall bracket for the vacuum, but it only holds the vacuum and the two smaller attachments not the carpet attachments. I am not sure why that is, but since I have since purchasing this vacuum purchased three other heads including the flexible crevice tool, the wood floor tool and the dusting tool for about a hundred more dollars, I would not expect it to hold all these, but did I say very, very expensive? I am now into this for over $500 and that doesn't include a back up battery. But at least for now, the included battery seems sufficient. So I think I have the whole kit and caboodle.
One more thing about the bin, If you don't empty it out before it fills up and trust me you won't, the pet hair wedges itself into the upper area of the bin and does not just fall out like in the commercial. I have had to store a pair of chop sticks by the trash bucket where I empty this thing to pull out the wedged in hair.
I also feel that Dyson did not include enough heads or the right ones. For the money, it should at least include the designated wood floor attachment, especially for the animal version. Many if not most pet owners will have some wood or tile flooring and I also don't feel the included crevice tool is good for hard to get to places like the the refrigerator coils or way under cabinets where most pet hair seems to end up. That's my personal take, some may find the included heads adequate. They do work quite well on carpets and in corners or along the wall edges which do get used. We have some nice tight low pile carpet which attracts hair. The motorized head actually pulls hair up quite well on this surface especially with the power boost where needed.
So to bottom line this thing, would I buy it again, knowing what I now know after having used it for a week or so? Yes, which is why the 5 stars. I actually kind of enjoy using it and when ever I see some hair, I just grab it, point and shoot and the hair is gone. As the little lady in Poltergeist said, "this house is now clean"! That was just not the case with my old vacuum. With the one caveat, if you can afford it, buy it. If not there are some really nice battery, bag-less hand vacuums and if you don't mind bending over to get to the hair on the floor (a lot) that may be a better choice for the money.
- A great assortment of attachments
- Great suction
- Great battery life
- I was surprised to have a spring trigger, rather than a switch, and there's no lock to keep the trigger on. While the vacuum itself goes for the long haul to last for more than 20 minutes of use in my experience, having to hold in the trigger for that long gets fatiguing. Still, I'm not willing to knock off a star for it. At most, this is an annoyance worth enduring for the great vacuum it is.
- You might think that using the brush attachment (with the bristles all the way extended) would be the way to go for hard floor vacuuming, but you'd be wrong. Retract the bristles and use just the hard portion of the attachment, keeping as much contact with the floor as possible. This increases the amount of productive suction, while the brush is very unproductive.