Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Dyson DC65 Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner" and save 58% off the $599.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $19.15 shipping
3-Year Floor Care Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions after manufacturer's warranty expires
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Dyson DC65 Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner
|Price:||$524.11 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$75.88 (13%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 5 year parts & labor warranty when purchased from an authorized reseller
- Radial Root Cyclone technology
- Reconfigured brush bar- 25% more power drives bristles deeper into carpets, removing more dirt.
- Self-adjusting cleaner head- Seals in the suction across carpets and hard floors.
- Tangle-free Turbine tool- The only turbine tool that doesn’t tangle. Counter-rotating heads with brushes remove hair and dirt from upholstery.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Dyson DC65 Upright Vacuum Cleaners
The Dyson DC65 is a powerful upright vacuum cleaner designed for multi-surface cleaning. It uses Radial Root Cyclone technology and a reconfigured brush bar to remove more dirt and dust from the home. The redesign of the brush bar means that the bristles have been made shorter and stiffer allowing deeper carpet penetration to remove more dirt, while maintaining superior performance on hard floors. The DC65 is a powerful upright vacuum that has patented Dyson Ball technology for easy maneuverability. It achieves this through the combination of Radial Root Cyclone technology and a self adjusting cleaner head which seals in suction across carpets and hard floors. The latest Ball technology allows easy steering into difficult places. More key technologies are housed inside the ball, reducing components on the outside of the machine. Removing clutter from around the ball makes it even easier to steer under and around furniture. Other vacuums have a choice of settings for different floor types. This means that when moving from one floor type to another, suction power can be wasted. DC65 has an active base plate which self adjusts to create optimal contact with every floor type. This reduces air leaks and retains more suction power at the cleaner head. DC65 has the best all around pick-up of any Dyson vacuum.
Patented Dyson Technology
Dyson engineers are constantly testing and investigating, trying to find new ways to make things work better. They improve existing technologies and invent new ones. As they work, they file patent applications to protect their inventions from copycat manufacturers. That’s why the only place you’ll find Dyson technology is inside a Dyson machine. DC65 uses Radial Root Cyclone technology to maximize suction power. Improved airflow efficiency reduces turbulence and preserves air pressure, so more microscopic particles are extracted by the inner cyclones. Dyson engineers have further refined the cyclone inlets and vortex fingers in this machine to generate more suction through the machine – these refinements remove more dirt and dust from the home. Additionally, DC65 has the latest Ball technology; the vacuum’s key components have been engineered to fit inside the ball itself. This gives the machine a streamlined profile, allowing access to tight spaces and lowering its center of gravity to make it lighter in the hand.
Reconfigured Brush Bar
The redesign of the brush bar – raising the ridge that the bristles sit on, means that the bristles have been made shorter and stiffer, allowing deeper carpet penetration to remove more dirt and less likely to scratch hard floors. Additionally, Dyson engineers have stripped back the design of the cleaner head so that the brush bar has end to end coverage. No more irritating dirty strips at the base of skirting boards and cabinets.
Self-adjusting cleaner head
The cleaner heads on most upright vacuums need to be manually adjusted for different floor types. If this isn’t done, a gap is created between the cleaner head and the floor – and suction is lost. DC65 has an active base-plate that self-adjusts across every floor type. It maintains close contact with the floor at all times, automatically raising and lowering. Suction isn’t wasted – it’s sealed in. It also has 25% more power than its predecessor to drive bristles deeper into carpets and release more ground-in dirt.
|DC65 Multi Floor||DC65 Animal||DC65 Animal Complete|
|Engineered for pet hair pick-up||✓||✓|
|Includes Combination accessory tool & Stair tool||✓||✓||✓|
|Includes Soft dusting brush & Tangle-free Turbine tool||✓||✓|
|Includes Multi-angle brush, Stiff bristle brush, Zorb and bag for tool storage||✓||✓|
|Includes 5-year warranty, parts & labor||✓||✓||✓|
Compare with similar items
Dyson Ball Animal 2 Upright Vacuum, Iron/Purple
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum, Bordeaux (NV752)
Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 Upright Vacuum
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E
Dyson DC65 Animal Complete Upright Vacuum Cleaner
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Your Market Source||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||ZAL Tech (TAX Free Anywhere)|
|Color||Purple||Iron/Purple||Bordeaux||Iron/Yellow||White and Silver||Fuscia|
|Item Dimensions||11.5 x 10.7 x 36.4 in||13.39 x 15.35 x 42.13 in||11.9 x 13.2 x 45 in||13.39 x 15.59 x 41.93 in||11.4 x 14.96 x 45.5 in||11.5 x 10.7 x 36.4 in|
|Item Weight||—||17.35 lbs||15.4 lbs||15.6 lbs||13.7 lbs||27.1 lbs|
|Additional Features||corded, bagless, cyclonic||corded||corded, bagless, HEPA filtration, Washable filter||corded||30 feet power cord||Tangle-free Turbine Tool|
The Dyson DC65 is a powerful upright vacuum cleaner designed for multi-surface cleaning. It uses Radial Root Cyclone technology and a reconfigured brush bar to remove more dirt and dust from the home. The redesign of the brush bar means that the bristles have been made shorter and stiffer allowing deeper carpet penetration to remove more dirt, while maintaining superior performance on hard floors. The DC65 cleans better than any other vacuum across carpets and hard floors**. It achieves this through the combination of Radial Root Cyclone technology and a self adjusting cleaner head which seals in suction across carpets and hard floors. The latest Ball technology allows easy steering into difficult places. More key technologies are housed inside the ball, reducing components on the outside of the machine. Removing clutter from around the ball makes it even easier to steer under and around furniture. Other vacuums have a choice of settings for different floor types. This means that when moving from one floor type to another, suction power can be wasted. DC65 has an active base plate which self adjusts to create optimal contact with every floor type. This reduces air leaks and retains more suction power at the cleaner head. DC65 has the best all around pick-up of any Dyson vacuum.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When it arrived, my husband put it together. I didn't hear any angry exclamations or confused mutterings from the next room, so it must not have been too difficult to figure out. I peeked at the instructions in the user manual and it's mostly a bunch of pictures and arrows; none of that "insert Tab A into Slot B" crap.
I took my new DC41 out for a test drive and I have to say that I was impressed. I did the "vacuum with my old machine and then with the new one to see how much the old one missed" test, and sure enough, the DC41 pulled up a significant amount of dust, dirt, and animal hair. (Considering it's ~10 years newer, it better outperform the old model!)
Compared to the DC07, the DC41 seemed to have about the same level of workmanship and sturdiness, but updated (the features are a little better thought out). I liked that the cord length was the same (possibly longer). The DC41 was much quieter, lighter, and smaller, especially at the front of the vacuum; this means I can finally vacuum underneath the cabinetry in the living room (the DC07 was too bulky to fit underneath). And of course, the DC41 is much more maneuverable due to the ball.
One reviewer complained that the cord must be completely unwrapped to use attachments because the top cord hook is attached to the hose. That was true for DC07 too, but at least on the DC41 you can simply twist the top cord hook 180 degrees to immediately unwrap (dump) the cord.
Another reviewer noted that the DC41 throws off a lot of heat. This doesn't bother me much, as I generally only vacuum one room at a time, but it could be an issue if you try to vacuum your whole house at once.
The air filters are HEPA, despite what another reviewer said. The manual does say that the air filters should be washed out every 3 months.
As for the accessory tools and brushes, this Complete model comes with several. Unfortunately, there's only room to store two of them on the vacuum itself. They do provide a rather nice fold-up bag to hold the remainder of the accessories, with room for acquiring more. The user manual does not explain the accessories, so here's a quick rundown:
* Combination tool - a 2-in-1 tool that effortlessly transforms from a debris nozzle to a brush tool for dusting and back again at the push of a button. This tool is stored on the vacuum.
* Stair tool - a small attachment tool with 2 red felt strips on the underside to attract pet hair. It is used for removing dirt and dust from corners and the vertical edge of stairs. This tool is stored on the vacuum.
- Tangle-free turbine tool - a large tool with 2 rotating brushes and 1 red filter wheel (?), all visible from the top of the tool. This tool is used for removing pet hair and dirt on upholstery, stairs, cars, and confined spaces without tangling up.
- Soft dusting brush - a large, elongated soft-bristle brush with clear plastic on top. It is used for dusting shelves, lights, electronics, and other delicate items.
- Stiff bristle brush - a small brush with stiff bristles. It is used for dislodging ground-in, stubborn dirt and dried mud.
- Multi-angle brush - a large attachment that kind of looks like a brush on the end of a U-shaped plastic tube. This brush is used for high-reach cleaning (ceiling fans, overhead lighting, etc.).
Basically, if you want a powerful, durable vacuum that never loses suction, then you should buy a Dyson. There are no bags to buy or replace, the timing belt is warrantied for 5 years, and the HEPA air filters are washable and guaranteed for life. It sucks well, maneuvers well, and works on carpet and hard flooring. Yes, you'll pay for this quality up front, but to me, it's worth the money to not be frustrated by my vacuum. You need the proper tool to do a proper job; it'll make your life a whole lot easier. I'm glad I bought this vacuum, my second Dyson.
**Update 7/19/13: So I've been using my Dyson for a little while now (~2 months), and I have to say that I'm still very happy with it. Even my husband, who is not prone to compliments, made positive remarks about it. My favorite features are the ball mobility and low profile at the front of the vacuum; vacuuming takes much less time and effort than it used to. A few more things I really like (not mentioned above):
- Vacuuming a room with multiple surfaces is much, much easier now. My old DC-07 had a manual switch on the base that you had to flip every time you switched from carpet to hard floors, and vice versa. My husband forgot to flip the switch most of the time; using the wrong mode greatly reduces its sucking power. The DC-41 automatically switches for you so there's nothing to remember and you can vacuum a little more effortlessly.
- The attachment hose wand thing simply extends from the base now. The old DC-07 required you to completely remove the wand, flip it 180 degrees, and then re-insert it. Using attachments on the DC-41 is much quicker and easier.
- Dyson moved the cord clip (the thing that keeps the cord from unwinding when you're done vacuuming) from the plug itself to just above the plug (on the cord). I couldn't understand why they did this until the first time I stepped on the plug with bare feet (my husband had left the vacuum unplugged with the cord all over the ground). It didn't hurt! Before, with the DC-07, the clip on the cord stuck up at a 90 degree angle from the plug. If you stepped on the plug, it was like stepping on a Lego piece - *OUCH!* Simply moving the clip to the cord itself ensures that the clip almost always lies flat in a harmless manner. Also, the plug no longer has any corners or sharp edges on it; it is round and smooth now.
These are all great examples of how the Dyson engineers are continuously tweaking and improving their vacuums. The cord clip on the DC-07 worked just fine, but had a minor inconvenient aspect that they obviously worked on and refined over the years. If the engineers were willing to put that much time and effort on such a minor feature of the vacuum, then how much time did they put into the most important features? This is a huge reason why I love my Dyson!
If you found my review helpful, especially the detailed description of the accessory tools and brushes, then please click on the "Yes" button below so it can help others too. Thanks!
The idea was great--the ball. In practice, not so much. It does maneuver nicely, but OMG it collects a LOT of debris and hair! Really yucky... I thought maybe it was just my carpets going several days without a good vacuuming... so I finished the first room, cleaned the ball off with a swiffer cloth, and revacuumed the room. Couple passes over a small area, and the ball was grody again :(
This thing does NOT suck like my old DC28. Not even close. It left a LOT behind--hair that I could see, and fine debris that I could see collecting on the ball... and in it's many grooves...
One of the things I did NOT like about the 28 was all the crevices dust and hair collected in. On the bottom, in the brush housing, behind the cleaner... But it had enough going for it, I put up with it. The DC41 is WORSE for all of that--and since it is all plastic, it attracts it.
The DC41 is NOT HEPA. That was a shock. HEPA is important to me for a couple of reasons--we have strong allergies in my house probably being the biggest of those. The new Dyson is "asthma and allergy friendly"--it is NOT HEPA. Further, it does a crappy job filtering. Run it in bright sunlight. Do some googling--the truth is out there--even their old HEPA vacs were pretty iffy, but this one is BAD.
This vacuum is ALL plastic. And cheap plastic at that--it feels fragile. The DC28 was largely plastic, but more robust, and several parts (like the wand) were metal.
Dyson's customer service was BAD. All I wanted to know was if this vac was HEPA or not. It was like pulling teeth--they didn't answer email inquiries... and dodged the question when I did get someone.
OK--so I DON'T like this vacuum... But it DOES have some good things... Dyson is fabulous at innovating... they just don't carry it through.
HERE ARE THE THINGS I LIKED/LOVED ABOUT THE DC41 COMPLETE:
If this was a canister vac, I would be sold. (But it is an upright, so we expect it to do floors decently!)
1.) The tools on this thing are fantastic! It has something to do every job I have exceptionally well, except floors. Love LOVE the tools... for furniture, sills, fans, stairs... the tools are fantastic.
2.) The suction thru the wand is GREAT. For everything but cleaning carpet, I loved this thing.
3.) No need to buy bags. If the filtration was good, not having to buy bags is nice--and the Dyson emptying mechanism is much better than other bagless vacs I have tried.
4.) The filters are made to last, and washable.
That said--mine went back after a week. I bought a Miele Jazz, and it is AMAZING. I've posted a review about it, if you are curious. It is carried through beautifully--powerful and CLEAN. No complaints about it at all, although I do wish it had more attachments available--or even better, included. But that is no tradeoff--the Miele does everything I need it to, perfectly.