Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Dyson DC65 Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner" and save 63% off the $599.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $31.88 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $14.89 shipping
3 Year Asurion Floorcare Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- Protection when you need it from a name you can trust
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Dyson DC65 Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner
|Price:||$468.11 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 5 year parts & labor warranty when purchased from an authorized reseller
- Radial Root Cyclone technology
- Reconfigured brush bar- 25% more power drives bristles deeper into carpets, removing more dirt.
- Self-adjusting cleaner head- Seals in the suction across carpets and hard floors.
- Tangle-free Turbine tool- The only turbine tool that doesn’t tangle. Counter-rotating heads with brushes remove hair and dirt from upholstery.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Dyson DC65 Upright Vacuum Cleaners
The Dyson DC65 is a powerful upright vacuum cleaner designed for multi-surface cleaning. It uses Radial Root Cyclone technology and a reconfigured brush bar to remove more dirt and dust from the home. The redesign of the brush bar means that the bristles have been made shorter and stiffer allowing deeper carpet penetration to remove more dirt, while maintaining superior performance on hard floors. The DC65 is a powerful upright vacuum that has patented Dyson Ball technology for easy maneuverability. It achieves this through the combination of Radial Root Cyclone technology and a self adjusting cleaner head which seals in suction across carpets and hard floors. The latest Ball technology allows easy steering into difficult places. More key technologies are housed inside the ball, reducing components on the outside of the machine. Removing clutter from around the ball makes it even easier to steer under and around furniture. Other vacuums have a choice of settings for different floor types. This means that when moving from one floor type to another, suction power can be wasted. DC65 has an active base plate which self adjusts to create optimal contact with every floor type. This reduces air leaks and retains more suction power at the cleaner head. DC65 has the best all around pick-up of any Dyson vacuum.
Patented Dyson Technology
Dyson engineers are constantly testing and investigating, trying to find new ways to make things work better. They improve existing technologies and invent new ones. As they work, they file patent applications to protect their inventions from copycat manufacturers. That’s why the only place you’ll find Dyson technology is inside a Dyson machine. DC65 uses Radial Root Cyclone technology to maximize suction power. Improved airflow efficiency reduces turbulence and preserves air pressure, so more microscopic particles are extracted by the inner cyclones. Dyson engineers have further refined the cyclone inlets and vortex fingers in this machine to generate more suction through the machine – these refinements remove more dirt and dust from the home. Additionally, DC65 has the latest Ball technology; the vacuum’s key components have been engineered to fit inside the ball itself. This gives the machine a streamlined profile, allowing access to tight spaces and lowering its center of gravity to make it lighter in the hand.
Reconfigured Brush Bar
The redesign of the brush bar – raising the ridge that the bristles sit on, means that the bristles have been made shorter and stiffer, allowing deeper carpet penetration to remove more dirt and less likely to scratch hard floors. Additionally, Dyson engineers have stripped back the design of the cleaner head so that the brush bar has end to end coverage. No more irritating dirty strips at the base of skirting boards and cabinets.
Self-adjusting cleaner head
The cleaner heads on most upright vacuums need to be manually adjusted for different floor types. If this isn’t done, a gap is created between the cleaner head and the floor – and suction is lost. DC65 has an active base-plate that self-adjusts across every floor type. It maintains close contact with the floor at all times, automatically raising and lowering. Suction isn’t wasted – it’s sealed in. It also has 25% more power than its predecessor to drive bristles deeper into carpets and release more ground-in dirt.
|DC65 Multi Floor||DC65 Animal||DC65 Animal Complete|
|Engineered for pet hair pick-up||✓||✓|
|Includes Combination accessory tool & Stair tool||✓||✓||✓|
|Includes Soft dusting brush & Tangle-free Turbine tool||✓||✓|
|Includes Multi-angle brush, Stiff bristle brush, Zorb and bag for tool storage||✓||✓|
|Includes 5-year warranty, parts & labor||✓||✓||✓|
Compare to similar items
This item Dyson DC65 Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson Ball Animal 2 Upright Vacuum, Iron/Purple
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum, Bordeaux (NV752)
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional with Dust-Away & 2 Microfiber Pads (NV356E)
Hoover Vacuum Cleaner WindTunnel 3 Pro Pet Bagless Corded Upright Vacuum UH70931PC
Eureka Brushroll Clean Pet Upright Vacuum with Suction Seal Technology AS3401AX - Corded
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Your Market Source||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||Purple||Iron/Purple||Bordeaux||White and Silver||Metallic||Orange|
|Item Dimensions||11.5 x 10.7 x 36.4 in||13.39 x 15.35 x 42.13 in||11.9 x 13.2 x 45 in||11.4 x 14.96 x 45.5 in||12.6 x 16.91 x 34.5 in||43.5 x 13.5 x 13 in|
|Item Weight||—||17.35 lbs||15.4 lbs||13.7 lbs||24.25 lbs||16 lbs|
|Additional Features||corded, bagless, cyclonic||corded||corded, bagless, HEPA filtration, Washable filter||30 feet power cord||Hoover WindTunnel bagless||—|
The Dyson DC65 is a powerful upright vacuum cleaner designed for multi-surface cleaning. It uses Radial Root Cyclone technology and a reconfigured brush bar to remove more dirt and dust from the home. The redesign of the brush bar means that the bristles have been made shorter and stiffer allowing deeper carpet penetration to remove more dirt, while maintaining superior performance on hard floors. The DC65 cleans better than any other vacuum across carpets and hard floors**. It achieves this through the combination of Radial Root Cyclone technology and a self adjusting cleaner head which seals in suction across carpets and hard floors. The latest Ball technology allows easy steering into difficult places. More key technologies are housed inside the ball, reducing components on the outside of the machine. Removing clutter from around the ball makes it even easier to steer under and around furniture. Other vacuums have a choice of settings for different floor types. This means that when moving from one floor type to another, suction power can be wasted. DC65 has an active base plate which self adjusts to create optimal contact with every floor type. This reduces air leaks and retains more suction power at the cleaner head. DC65 has the best all around pick-up of any Dyson vacuum.
Top customer reviews
When it arrived, my husband put it together. I didn't hear any angry exclamations or confused mutterings from the next room, so it must not have been too difficult to figure out. I peeked at the instructions in the user manual and it's mostly a bunch of pictures and arrows; none of that "insert Tab A into Slot B" crap.
I took my new DC41 out for a test drive and I have to say that I was impressed. I did the "vacuum with my old machine and then with the new one to see how much the old one missed" test, and sure enough, the DC41 pulled up a significant amount of dust, dirt, and animal hair. (Considering it's ~10 years newer, it better outperform the old model!)
Compared to the DC07, the DC41 seemed to have about the same level of workmanship and sturdiness, but updated (the features are a little better thought out). I liked that the cord length was the same (possibly longer). The DC41 was much quieter, lighter, and smaller, especially at the front of the vacuum; this means I can finally vacuum underneath the cabinetry in the living room (the DC07 was too bulky to fit underneath). And of course, the DC41 is much more maneuverable due to the ball.
One reviewer complained that the cord must be completely unwrapped to use attachments because the top cord hook is attached to the hose. That was true for DC07 too, but at least on the DC41 you can simply twist the top cord hook 180 degrees to immediately unwrap (dump) the cord.
Another reviewer noted that the DC41 throws off a lot of heat. This doesn't bother me much, as I generally only vacuum one room at a time, but it could be an issue if you try to vacuum your whole house at once.
The air filters are HEPA, despite what another reviewer said. The manual does say that the air filters should be washed out every 3 months.
As for the accessory tools and brushes, this Complete model comes with several. Unfortunately, there's only room to store two of them on the vacuum itself. They do provide a rather nice fold-up bag to hold the remainder of the accessories, with room for acquiring more. The user manual does not explain the accessories, so here's a quick rundown:
* Combination tool - a 2-in-1 tool that effortlessly transforms from a debris nozzle to a brush tool for dusting and back again at the push of a button. This tool is stored on the vacuum.
* Stair tool - a small attachment tool with 2 red felt strips on the underside to attract pet hair. It is used for removing dirt and dust from corners and the vertical edge of stairs. This tool is stored on the vacuum.
- Tangle-free turbine tool - a large tool with 2 rotating brushes and 1 red filter wheel (?), all visible from the top of the tool. This tool is used for removing pet hair and dirt on upholstery, stairs, cars, and confined spaces without tangling up.
- Soft dusting brush - a large, elongated soft-bristle brush with clear plastic on top. It is used for dusting shelves, lights, electronics, and other delicate items.
- Stiff bristle brush - a small brush with stiff bristles. It is used for dislodging ground-in, stubborn dirt and dried mud.
- Multi-angle brush - a large attachment that kind of looks like a brush on the end of a U-shaped plastic tube. This brush is used for high-reach cleaning (ceiling fans, overhead lighting, etc.).
Basically, if you want a powerful, durable vacuum that never loses suction, then you should buy a Dyson. There are no bags to buy or replace, the timing belt is warrantied for 5 years, and the HEPA air filters are washable and guaranteed for life. It sucks well, maneuvers well, and works on carpet and hard flooring. Yes, you'll pay for this quality up front, but to me, it's worth the money to not be frustrated by my vacuum. You need the proper tool to do a proper job; it'll make your life a whole lot easier. I'm glad I bought this vacuum, my second Dyson.
**Update 7/19/13: So I've been using my Dyson for a little while now (~2 months), and I have to say that I'm still very happy with it. Even my husband, who is not prone to compliments, made positive remarks about it. My favorite features are the ball mobility and low profile at the front of the vacuum; vacuuming takes much less time and effort than it used to. A few more things I really like (not mentioned above):
- Vacuuming a room with multiple surfaces is much, much easier now. My old DC-07 had a manual switch on the base that you had to flip every time you switched from carpet to hard floors, and vice versa. My husband forgot to flip the switch most of the time; using the wrong mode greatly reduces its sucking power. The DC-41 automatically switches for you so there's nothing to remember and you can vacuum a little more effortlessly.
- The attachment hose wand thing simply extends from the base now. The old DC-07 required you to completely remove the wand, flip it 180 degrees, and then re-insert it. Using attachments on the DC-41 is much quicker and easier.
- Dyson moved the cord clip (the thing that keeps the cord from unwinding when you're done vacuuming) from the plug itself to just above the plug (on the cord). I couldn't understand why they did this until the first time I stepped on the plug with bare feet (my husband had left the vacuum unplugged with the cord all over the ground). It didn't hurt! Before, with the DC-07, the clip on the cord stuck up at a 90 degree angle from the plug. If you stepped on the plug, it was like stepping on a Lego piece - *OUCH!* Simply moving the clip to the cord itself ensures that the clip almost always lies flat in a harmless manner. Also, the plug no longer has any corners or sharp edges on it; it is round and smooth now.
These are all great examples of how the Dyson engineers are continuously tweaking and improving their vacuums. The cord clip on the DC-07 worked just fine, but had a minor inconvenient aspect that they obviously worked on and refined over the years. If the engineers were willing to put that much time and effort on such a minor feature of the vacuum, then how much time did they put into the most important features? This is a huge reason why I love my Dyson!
If you found my review helpful, especially the detailed description of the accessory tools and brushes, then please click on the "Yes" button below so it can help others too. Thanks!
Once my DC65 Animal arrived in the mail, I did what any Dyson lover would do: I compared it to my old one. :D This photo will show you what you want to know. I used my old DC14 Animal vacuum on my 15ft x 15ft family room and got the first pile of dirt. I then immediately vacuumed it again with my new DC65 Animal and got a 2nd...much larger...pile of dirt.
For anyone who has a love-affair with cleanliness: make the purchase. You'll never regret it.
Oh, and even though it weighs 17 pounds - you don't feel it. It gently pulls itself perfectly. My DC14 weighs 18 pounds, but is not as easy to push or steer as this new DC65.
My only "complaint" is that the tool attachments aren't quite intuitive to me. I will have to actually reference a manual.
-The vacuum doesn't hold all the attachments that come in the box with it. You still have two large attachments that do not have anywhere to be stored on the vacuum itself.
-The price. This is definitely the most I have ever spent on a vacuum and for this price it better last a long long time.
-I wish the power/hardwood floor button was higher up on the handle.
-Easy to empty
-Two washable filters
Most recent customer reviews
Customers who bought this item also bought
See the Top Rated Vacuums in our Vacuum Reviews page. Or, see our lists of the Best Vacuums for Pet Hair, the Best Vacuums for Hardwood Floors, and the Best Vacuums for Carpets