Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 86 reviews
on November 8, 2016
I love DMXs music and he as a person seems to be so vivacious! This book was captivating, alluring and held my interest from start to finish! I even learned a bit about Hip Hop and music. Not a dull moment in this read!

Many prayers to he and his family. He seems like such an lively person, despite his troubles..
THIS BOOK PUT DMX FROM NUMBER 3 OR 4 ON MY ALL TIME RAP LIST UP TO NUMBER 2. I STILL GOT PAC AHEAD OF HIM BUT THIS BOOK IS THE TRUTH! THIS IS A GREAT READ FOR ANY HIP HOP FAN
on June 20, 2012
Dmx provides detailed memories about his childhood,school life,early troubles with the law,his revolving door life in and out of different group homes,his troubles with his mom,strained relationship with his father who left home at a very early age,he explains in detail what he remembers thinking and going through certain times in his life,his book is very impressive with his memory,he explains meeting his ex wife....opening acts for big names in the early 90's
all his battles in Yonkers and in other clubs through out NYC..
he explains the birth of his first son,his struggles with his first manager and failed attempts to successfully achieve a record deal.
He also vividly tells stories about his love for stray dogs,and his reputation earned by selling his mixtapes in Yonkers to finally getting a deal with Ruff Ryders Def Jam in 97...
on October 11, 2013
DMX-my favorite rapper ever so I already loved the book even before purchase. Fantastic book. I read it in a night. I couldn't stop and just kept turning the pages. Shed a few tears; I felt his anguish and pain. Now when I really listen to his lyrics and watch his musc videos, I have a better understanding and appreciation of his life experiences. Hope one day to meet the artist. DMX-I'm prayin' for you dawg...much love from NYC.
on April 27, 2017
It explains so much.
on August 28, 2017
DMX is my favorite rapper of all time. This book gave a great insight into his early life and his trials and tribulations.
on October 3, 2013
Whether your a fanatic of DMX or not you would enjoy reading this Book despite of his Dark Life! As a Huge fan of DMX I had to buy this book and I am very pleased with it! I already knew his struggles in general based on his Music & behind the music documentary; but this book gives you enough details about his life and he's very entertaining when it comes to his stories! He's Truly an Icon, a true Hero, a Survival Child!!! Trust & Believe you will love this Book!
on April 15, 2010
After being a fan of DMX, I wanted to learn more about him. I had seen that he released a book, so I figured that I should start there. I loved it. It's a book that you could possibly read in one sitting; his life is just that interesting, coupled with the fact that it's written in a kind-of conversational manner. It's very detailed and comprehensive in that he takes you from the day he was born to the release of his first album and rise to stardom. I would recommend this book for any DMX fan or just anyone who is curious to know the man behind the music.
on July 28, 2016
Good read...his music and his life is definitely one and the same...his story gives a deeper insight into his music...good book
on February 1, 2017
For a guy who seems to be always fighting demons, his book explains why...