Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on January 12, 2012
Bottom line to keep it short and simple:
This is a well made tool.
You will probably, if you really do need one of these.... need to buy two for it will take two to be really useful.
The quality will wow you a bit unless you already have very good quality stuff.
The one thing to note is that it requires a good clean square edge to be able to lock onto the side of the work table. If your table has a large radiused corner on the top edges, as mine does, it may require you to place a sheet of plywood on top to grip on.
As it shows, the lock down mechanism is blue plastic, but it is well designed and pretty strong stuff.
I hope this helps any prospective buyer/user. All the Emerson equipment/tools I have used are very good quality and well made!
Enjoy.
on January 26, 2007
I bought this because it is too clumsey to cut 4x8 sheets of plywood on a tablesaw unless you have one with the large table extention. I have tried to use a board and other things for straight edges and clamp them to the work with less than perfect results. This tool is made of a heavy aluminum extrustion which will not flex out of shape. The locking arm has three positions, light,medium,and full lock. You slide the other clamp block back and forth to set the grip length. This model has a clamp on both sides so you can clamp it to a workbench and then use the top clamp to hold your work in place. I gave this 4 stars because it does not clamp at an angle. The important thing is when you want to make a straight cut you dont want to fool around aligning and clamping and reclamping. This tool is fast to use and clamps very tight and stays put till you release it.
on February 6, 2007
Great piece to add to your collection. It holds really well and is a great help in ripping plywood panels.
on July 5, 2010
I bought this product hoping that it would make cutting large sheet products easier and found my hopes to be answered. I have found it extremely easy to use and much more convenient than clamping a 2x4 to your material, especially since I usually work in the shop by myself. It has a low profile which keeps it out of the way from interfering with your router or circular saw. and the markings on the side of it come in quite useful as well. Liked it so much I bought the 8' one as well and purchased another set for my father as a gift.
on January 30, 2016
Very nice item. My only caveat is that I would have bought Emerson's single-rail version of this saw guide. The second clamp and rail just get in the way. I overbought in this case and really don't need this feature. It just adds weight and bulk. But this is a very nice piece of equipment once you figure out how to best use it. It helped me make a large cabinet without a table saw. I used this tool plus a Kreg Rip-Cut and was able to make most of my cuts nice and square (had to redo a couple of cuts but that's more my fault than the tools I'd say). You get better with practice on these tools.
on October 18, 2015
I received a T-36 All in One for Christmas so I just had to buy another one. Really convenient clamped to the bench for glue ups. Stays solid when pushing boards around to align them. Works well with my F clamps. You should own at least two of these.
on January 23, 2011
Clamp does pretty much what it says it will do but I have found that it is not as easy to operate as I thought it would be. Takes a little learning to figure out just how to make it clamp properly. I really didn't need the Double Grip Clamp but I got it because I never know what I will need. Clamp makes a good guide for power tools and also is sturdy enough to maintain its straight edge. I don't think that I will regret this purchase.
on January 25, 2013
If you're considering this tool, I highly encourage you to ignore the 1 & 2 star comments, because I've used a lot of different clamps and straightedge setups in my life, and the negative comments are just flat out invalid. 1) These are made of aluminum, so they are neither bulky nor heavy, but they are plenty stiff enough to have your way w/ sheet goods. 2) It is possible that if one has never used or handled a Jorgensen pipe bar clamp, then the clamping action of these might be a short, small mystery, but the EEmersontool.com website can clear that up. A tiny bit of mechanical sense will solve the problem if the instructions do not.

I only wish there was a way to easily set the traveling block from fixed block end of the clamp when I'm working on 4x8 sheets.
on March 9, 2015
This straight edge is great! Clamps nicely, creating a fence for my expanded table saw top.
on January 25, 2013
Used the clamp as a guide to cut about an inch off the bottom of a door and it worked great