Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 56 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 66 reviews
on January 2, 2017
I love dark chocolate, and this is as close as you can get without drinking pure baking cocoa. so my 4 stars isn't about flavor, but texture. i was expecting something thicker and fudgier. this was really good dark hot cocoa, but wasn't what i was expecting. maybe my expectations were wrong and i misread the description of "sipping cocoa", maybe it is a product flaw, but it was GOOD dark hot cocoa.
on November 8, 2016
This is the best hot chocolate powder I've tried so far. It's thick and super rich. Most importantly, it's not too sweet! Other sweetened hot chocolates have wayyyy to much sugar or even corn syrup. I like to add a drop of honey to this - to suit it to my taste perfectly. Yes, it's expensive, but the ingredients are high quality. It does make a difference.
on April 5, 2017
The real deal. Legit drinking chocolate. Rich and tasty!
on December 19, 2015
Has a good milk chocolate flavor to it. Not as sweet as the godiva dark cocoa. I'm not super happy with it though, as it did not dissolve entirely. In fact, i had quite a bit of excess covering the bottom of the cup, even though i used the same amount as i would with the godiva. It does have a velvety texture to it when mixed with hot mill though, which was nice.
on July 31, 2016
It's wonderful!
on April 16, 2014
Just made my first cup of Guittard sipping chocolate and I was pleasantly surprised. I have tried 4 or 5 other brands and they were all basically high priced Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate. Guittard produced a very dark chocolate drink both in color and flavor. It dissolved in the hot milk very easily (some of the others took way too long to melt) and didn't have the nasty clumps on the bottom of the cup. My only disappointment was that the drink was not a little thicker in texture. Next time I may try an immersion blender to see if I can thicken up the drink.
on January 12, 2014
You will notice that I say this stuff has a strong, rich chocolate flavor. It is not extremely sweet (a good thing), but it is still naturally sweet. I have had chocolates that are just loaded with sugar, but this has almost half the sugar as other chocolate brands and tastes wonderful. My favorite hot chocolate of all time.
on April 25, 2017
Was not very impressed with the flavor.
on March 19, 2015
I would probably actually go for 4+ as it did not quite floor me. My comparison is the Puccini hot chocolate mix, which is available only in Amsterdam. It has a nice dark reddish brown color, is finely ground, and dissolves easily in hot milk without boiling. Way above Trader Joes or the other mixes that contain powdered milk.
on July 18, 2016
I love it. My husband says it is a bit bitter.