FiiO E12 Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier
|Price:||$99.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Aluminum body built to withstand wear and tear
- Speaker sound field simulation to lessen the "in-head" sound of headphones
- 22V high voltage supply with 850mW maximum output power for larger headphones
- Charging indicator blinks according to how long charge will take depending on what it is plugged into
- Charges fully via laptop in 3 hours
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Bulid quality: The Fiio E12 is encased in a machined aluminum box (about the size of a smartphone) with a brushed, black finish. On it, the adornments are fairly minimal: a semi-recessed volume knob that doubles as on/off switch, two 3.5mm jacks (in/out), and a bunch of recessed switches: voltage gain (0dB, and 16dB or 6.4x), a cross-feed (to change the feel of the sound stage), the bass-boost, and a micro-B USB plug for charging.Read more ›
The most valuable upgrades are:
1. Sound - more powerful and vivid sound than E11. E11 sounds great already. But E12 sounds superbly. I am using AKG 702, Beyerdynamic 770, 880, 990, Sennheiser PXC 450, HD 598. I listen to rock, metal and pop. This sound upgrade truly makes a top-notch headphone amp with iPod touch for those headphones. To use an iPod touch 30 pin to 3.5 mm cable to connect the two devices is necessary to maximize the sound potential of both devices. It doesn't have to be the FiiO proprietary one. A generic one is fine. I recommend using the Y-shape cable with a 3.5 mm output and and a USB male, which allows you to charge your iPod while using.
2. Using while charging - E11 doesn't allow you to do that. But with E12, you can do it. It allows you to listen to the music without being interrupted.
3. Build quality - much better build quality than the E11. The entire thing is sealed. It feels as sturdy as a military equipment. It looks and feels very stylish and high-class.
4. Has a battery weakening indicator, which will light up to alert you that the battery will run out soon so you can charge the amp before your music suddenly dies while you are listening.
5. Use standard micro-A to Micro-B charging cable, which is more compatible with other mobile devices such as smart phones. You would avoid keeping many different types of USB charging cables in your bag.
Yes, there is a significant price increase over the E11. But based on the upgrades listed above, I think the price increase is justified. And I don't want to go back to use the E11 anymore.
The E12 has no issues at all powering my HD600's just as loud and clear as any of my home amplifiers. I own tube amps, class A solid state amps, and lots of other headphone equipment, and the E12 Mont Blanc will be my portable option of choice. This amp goes about as loud as my Schiit Magni headphone amplifier. Love it. Not only is it one of the most powerful (if not the most powerful) portable amps out there, it looks gorgeous and feels extremely well built.
I would say this amp provides about a 25% improvement in volume over the E11. I also think the Bass Boost on the E12 is better. The lows hit harder and distort less than on the E11.
I planned on keeping this short :) But it's just a great little amp that I've fell in love with.
The bass on the DT 770s without amping is kind of lacking, but with the Mont Blanc it really sounds as it should. It also has a Bass Boost button in case you want more.
The good thing about this amp is that it will power nearly every set of cans out there, so I'm not worried about buying a next pair of headphones and not being able to drive them.
-This is the perfect match for the Beyerdynamic DT 770s, it really brings out the best in these cans.
-I am also using it with the Brainwavz HM5s and it really gives them a boost.
-Build quality is great, not a single scratch on the device.
-Battery is as promised (between 9 and 12 hours of play time)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great amplifier! It is nice and slim and works well paired with other Fiio products or phone. Sometimes, the power wheel would click on in my bag and accidentally discharge all of... Read morePublished 21 hours ago by Dang Huynh
Works perfectly. I have this amp plugged into my computer, and then plug the headphones into the amp itself. Read morePublished 21 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Awesome, awesome amp. I have only used it with my Beyerdynamic DT770 250ohms and even though this amp is probably overkill, it has enhanced the sound by volumes. Read morePublished 5 days ago by tim
Perfect sound very powerful , great quality.... The best on that price...Published 7 days ago by Emily Presswood
I use this to amplify my Beats and Shure earphones and headphones. It is a strong little accessory that drastically improved the performance of any earphone or headphone.Published 1 month ago by Sterling
Perfect amp to go with my Fiio X-5 and JHAudio Roxanne IEMs.
I don't use the bass switch. Read more
not a completely flat response, but nice distortion levels. I think the slightly sloped frequency response is causing the warm sound. Read morePublished 1 month ago by David Hsu
There are so many reviews for this little amp, there's not much I can add. I love it! I'm using it with AKG 702's and Beyer 880's. Overall sound is terrific. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Scottie414