- Create your FREE Amazon Business account to save up to 10% with Business-only prices and free shipping.
Other Sellers on Amazon
EA Sports Active: More Workouts - Nintendo Wii
Enhance your purchase
- Enjoy extensive multiplayer support that allows you to workout with a buddy (additional EA Sports Active exercise accessories not included).
- EA Sports Active More Workouts keeps your EA Sports Active workout fresh with over 35 all new exercises and fitness activities.
- The 6 Week Challenge, a total body, structured fitness plan that accommodates both experienced 30 Day Challengers and new users of EA Sports Active.
- Compatibility with EA Sports Active Personal Trainer that allows you to transfer details like age, weight, name and gender from the old game, and recognize your previous workout information and goals.
- Get fitness and nutrition tips from professionals with the included Fitness Book. This book will help you keep going on your journey to better health with tips, tricks and advice on good nutrition and fitness.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Designed around the standard Wii Remote/Nunchuck tethered controller configuration, EA Sports Active's interactive fitness program is more focused on physical activities than previous 'fitness' titles for the Wii, but still challenges you to have fun while developing a more healthy lifestyle. Separated into the three sections of workout, nutrition, lifestyle, and other activity, your experience begins with a pep talk from Bob Greene which quickly transitions into the beginnings of action as you set up a profile, choose a virtual personal trainer and enter baseline data like age, weight, gender, fitness goals, etc. Although the nutrition, lifestyle, and other activity sections add a holistic element facilitated by a mix of surveys and data input, building fitness through physical activity is the driving force behind EA Sports Active, and as such the meat of the content resides in the workout section. Here you will find dozens of themed strength training and cardio workouts, which can be customized as you choose and linked into circuit training routines. These routines are introduced and monitored by your personal trainer, and allow for ongoing motivation via real-time feedback on your workout form, an approximation of calories burned and the ability to adjust levels of exercise intensity. Multiplayer Support - Enjoy extensive multiplayer support that allows you to workout with a buddy (additional EA Sports Active exercise accessories not included)
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
With all of that, if I can get it working better (I'm going to sew velcro onto the leg band to extend it until I lose more weight), it would be a really good workout. It's fun because it mixes things up alot. I'd rather play more exercise games than do all the strength training, but that's not a big issue. It could be better though.
The only Negative, if so:
I don't use the actual leg strap. I either hold the nunchuk and wii remote or put the nunchuk in my shirt pocket. The leg strap was annoying to me (it's not included either).
Plus, there are cool down and warm ups-but they are rather brief. I just wish they were longer. Now I'm asking for too much!
1. It is a solid game for those who are just getting started in a fitness program. The exercises really don't cause you to over exert yourself while each exercise has three levels: Easy, Medium, and Hard.
2. It does allow you to select your music in some of the exercises. However, it is very limited and in cases like the step classes you do not have any choice.
3. Whether using the Step or Wii wands the game captures two essential points of your movement: your initial position and the final position. Because the movement between the two is not registered you can do what you want. For example, I hold the nun chuck in my hand for the activities it tells me to put in the leg band.
4. Think of it as a good exercise routine with minimal interactivity with the WII gaming devices.
5. It does successfully graduate you to having more flexibility, a little more aerobic stamina, and overall readiness for something next.
1. The leg band. This is a useless concept. I wish I could have the designer explain how they came up with that concept. Unless your knee is wider than your thigh the leg band always will fall down as you perform any of the exercises in the game.
2. The exercise routines are very redundant. It did not take long for me to top the program where I have the activities set to Hard and run multiple times because the level is not sufficient to challenge any longer.
3. This is the next problem, it take roughly 30-45 seconds between transitioning between activities even if you have the same exercise back to back. So, there is dead time which leads to frustration if you are trying to run a circuit.
Lastly, if you are one who is a mid level fitness shape, this is NOT the product for you. You will exceed its maximum challenges. I recommend it highly for beginners.