Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "EA Sports Active - Nintendo Wii” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 67% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Game includes a deep co-operative multiplayer game mode.
- Engage in fitness made easy through 20 minute circuits feature a variety of familiar activities that target upper body, lower body as well as cardio.
- Follow the guidance, motivation and training tip of your very own virtual personal trainer.
- 30 day challenge' of tailor made 20 minute workouts, that change as you progress each day, and track calories, intensity and progress throughout your journey.
- Gameplay/workout options are extended with the included Nunchuck strap and resistance band accessories, and compatibility with the Wii Balance Board (not included).
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
Wii Active is AWESOME! AWESOME!! I was holding out big hopes for this game because while I love wii fit, golds gym coach and my fitness coach, this game offers full use of the wii motion controls and balance board for feedback. If you do not have the balance board, the game is just as useful.The balance board makes some exercises more "total body" and intense but the game was designed to be used without it. This game is honestly what I thought I was getting when I bought the wii fit! This game is more of a gym style workout consisting of strength exercises with resistance, cardio, and sports drills. There is no yoga in this game nor is there any abdominal work (which I find kind of strange because they were pretty thorough with everything else).
I just finished my second full 40 minute workout and it was great! I feel like I just came back from the gym. I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed the sports drills.I dont enjoy the tennis or baseball on wii sports. But the sports drills on Active are really intense, you actually have to jump to do volleyball serves and the motions are exactly as they are when you play the game.
Sports included are Baseball (pitching and batting and catching), volleyball (serving, bumping and setting), Basketball (so far I've just seen shooting and passing), Skating (with leg lifts), Tennis (serving, fore-shots, volleying,backshots). Basketball shooting involves twisting to grab a ball and then making a jump shot. It really gives a virtual reality feel to sports exercises. During kickboxing you are able to use the balance board to kick the heavy bag and do knee ups which really got my heart rate up.Read more ›
What I liked:
- Like the Wii Fit, it incorporates the Balance Board.
- I get to pick my exercises - unlike on the My Fitness Coach
- The graphics were good, the track, courts, etc. actually made me feel a little like I was actually there.
- The running was everything the Wii Fit running was not. It counted my calories and seemed a little more responsive that the Fit.
- I appreciated the feedback I received when doing the stretching exercises... This I missed in the My Fitness Coach- there was no sensor to tell me if I was squatting to high, not jumping in the right rhythm, etc. With EA SA the control that was strapped to my thigh was able to tell the game when I was not doing something right - giving me the opportunity to correct my form.
- I also like the fact that you can work out with a friend.
The resistant band is weak - for me anyway but that can be easily corrected with a inexpensive trip to Wal-mart.
I discovered that I may also be buying a wireless nunchuck... the wire was constantly in my way.
It doesn't track my weight loss.
It's not really a con but I wish there were step aerobics. It could have easily been worked in.
Overall impression: I'm glad I broke down and paid the $$$ for this game.Read more ›
It was very easy to get set up. I configured my workout person to look a little bit like me although I hope I am a bit cuter. I kind of wish that they had child avatars for my kids who will play this soon, but that isn't my biggest need.
I chose to work out on a medium skill level for the 30 day challenge. I'm not ultra fit by any means, but I'd like to think that I could run a mile or two if someone was chasing me. At the beginning of my workout, I started to think that I wasn't being pushed enough, but by the end, I was sweating like a big dog -- which was great. I believe my perception was caused by learning each movement before I started which gave me rest time. At the middle of my workout, some of the prior activities came up again and I was able to go right from exercise to exercise and that's what I like. This is so much better than the Wii Fit.
I did the running, punching, inline skating (super fun and a killer), side lunges, squats and front shoulder raises for my first workout. Every exercise was entertaining. It did take me a little bit to get used to how you hold the remote, but now I'm a pro. I did do the "couch test" where I placed the remote on the couch to see if the avatar would do the exercise anyway -- which it didn't -- unlike some other fitness titles. It really does mimic your movements, which I like.
Time for a shower and I can't wait for day two of my challenge. I can assure you that you'll like this game if you put the work into it. The couch won't do it for you. :)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I recommend making sure you are getting all the components with this game unless you're looking for replacement parts. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Worst game ever
The game is alway gliting out and I will always say that you are doing it wrong when you are doing it right and the lady talking to you is so rude! Read more
This is pretty elementary but strangely motivating. It helps to be honest about your body type as you are reminded constantly what you "look like" and it IS motivating. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
I really like the Gold's Gym Wii games, but was looking for a little change of pace. I tried this game for just over 30 days, and I have to say I intensely dislike it. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Jodi C.
Excellent service, product, and prompt shipment. Item as described! Thank you.Published 6 months ago by Redqty
This is a great way to get the kids up and moving, be sure they use the wrist straps, I've had two cvs broken beyond repair when their friends come over. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Zee Frasier