Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ASUS EAH6570/DI/1GD3(LP) Radeon HD 6570 DDR3 1 GB Video Card
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on May 16, 2012
This product was bought for my Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop for use in moderate gaming (primarily Diablo 3). The Optiplex 755 family has four issues that make it difficult to find a decent gaming card for them: (1) they're built using a BTX form factor and the first expansion slot is the PCI-E x16 slot, meaning that cards with double-wide brackets will not fit; (2) the Desktop (DT) and Small Form Factor (SFF) configurations can only utilize low-profile expansion cards; (3) roughly 1.3 cm to the right of the PCI-E x16 slot, there are several tall capacitors, meaning that video cards with wide heatsink/fan units will not work; (4) the PCI-E x16 slot will not necessarily supply 75W to a graphics card -- according to Dell, it's only specified for 25W operation. What this means for the Optiplex 755 DT is that only single-wide, low-profile, low-power graphics cards are guaranteed to work.

I bought this particular card because (a) it's low-profile and (b) although the heatsink/fan unit is greater than single-wide, available pictures of it showed that it wasn't that much wider. Part (b) turns out not to be true; the heatsink juts out a full 2 cm from the card, putting it in double-wide territory. Fortunately for me, because of the way that the heatsink of this card is cut on the bottom, it just *barely* fits with about 1 mm clearance between the bottom of the heatsink and the top of the capacitors. This meant that problems 1-3 were neatly dealt with. Problem 4, on the other hand -- on day one of operation, this card has been flawless. There have been no failures to power on, and no crashes (in-game or otherwise). I'll revise this review if power issues start cropping up.

Finally, on to performance. The particular Optiplex 755 that I bought happens to have a 2.33ghz Core 2 Duo and 2GB DDR2 SDRAM in it -- adequate, but not exactly a powerhouse gaming build. The Radeon HD 6570 is at best a low-midrange graphics card, meaning that gaming at 1080p isn't possible with most modern games. I am running this computer with a 900p display, so I was kind of worried about playability. As it turns out, Diablo 3 plays flawlessly at 1600x900 with all video options except shadows set to high,antialiasing off. I'll be testing out my other games, but this was quite a pleasant surprise.

In summary, this is one of the better cards that you can buy for an Optiplex 755 DT. The next step up from here, currently, would be a Radeon HD 6670 with GDDR5, but only one manufacturer (Sapphire) makes a single-wide, low-profile variant (and it'll cost double what I paid for this card). Newer-generation cards (at the time of this writing) like the Geforce GT 630 or the Radeon HD 7750 should end up being a large step up in performance, but the Geforce GT 630 has yet to be released and the Radeon HD 7750 only exists in full-height variants at the moment. As such, if you're looking right now for a decent gaming card that has to work within the constraints of the Optiplex 755 DT, I heartily recommend this card.

2012/06/05 UPDATE:
The card continues to soldier on without a single problem. No power issues have cropped up, and the system remains stable even after play sessions of multiple hours' duration. A welcome surprise is that this card can officially overclock to 800 MHz clock / 1050 MHz RAM via AMD Overdrive (an official part of the Catalyst drivers). Most 6570's are limited to a much lower official overclock. I can confirm that when playing games on my Optiplex 755 DT, this overclock leads to a small but tangible performance benefit, and causes absolutely no system instability. The chip (1) is the same as the one used in the Radeon HD 6670, which means that it's designed to run at up to 850 MHz, and (2) automatically adjusts its clocks downward when games (and other 3D intensive applications) are not being played. In other words, there is no reason to not enable this overclock.

The current situation for low-profile low-power gaming cards that fit in the Optiplex 755 DT has not changed since the time of my initial review. The Geforce GT 640 (with DDR3) has recently been released in low-profile format (by Afox). Unfortunately, (1) the HSF is double-wide, meaning that it may not fit in the Optiplex 755 DT, and (2) current reviews of this card indicate that it tends to perform in the neighborhood of the Radeon HD 6670 with GDDR5, and since a low-profile single-wide 6670 with GDDR5 already exists and is readily available (though not at amazon.com), there's no benefit there. A low-profile Geforce GT 640 with GDDR5 would likely be a good deal faster, but these do not exist thus far. Low-profile Radeon HD 7750's have not yet been released, unfortunately; otherwise one of those would be my ideal upgrade path.

2012/06/25 UPDATE:
The card continues to work flawlessly. One thing I wanted to clarify is that though this card works in the Optiplex 755 DT, I have now confirmed that it will *not* work in the Optiplex 755 SFF (which has a hard drive retention cage whose makes it impossible to use a card that is even a millimeter more than single-wide). If you have an Optiplex 755 SFF and want a gaming card (and have settled on a low-profile Radeon 6570), you would be better served by buying the Sapphire variant, which does indeed have a single-wide HSF.

2012/11/08 UPDATE:
It has now been almost 6 months since I first purchased this card. It continues to work flawlessly, and at no time has there been a single concern about power. This card has offered up a pleasant experience in every game I've thrown at it, including Borderlands 2 (played at 1600x900 with all options except for Ambient Occlusion and Antialiasing set to their highest values) and Skyrim (played at 1600x900 with all options except Shadows and Antialiasing set to their highest values). Though Sapphire recently introduced a single-wide, low-profile Radeon HD 7750 (it's probably what I would buy if I were going to upgrade), this card has done so well for me that I feel no need to upgrade at all. Furthermore, this card has been whisper-quiet throughout its six months of operation. All in all, I've been incredibly pleased with my experience, and can recommend this card with absolute confidence. This is my final update to this review; thank you all for reading and commenting.
66 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2012
Truth be told, I'm a frugal guy. I wanted my cheap, refurbished desktop to be converted into a gaming PC. Since this product was on sale, I overlooked a few negative reviews and decided to give it a try. I've had it for over a month now and have been able to play all games successfully with a high level of detail and zero lag time. These include Batman - Arkham City, all 3 Mass Effects, Two Worlds II, Skyrim, and Fallout 3/New Vegas. If you're looking to get good quality for a low price, this is the perfect fit for a tight budget and plug-and-play mentality.
on September 12, 2012
Got this card for a HP dc7900 sff with the hopes of making a simple budget gaming rig and this works wonders. It easily fits with ample clearance once the low profile brackets are installed. My only gripe are the temps, it idles at 49/50c and 71c at load although the fan is dead silent all the way up to 100%. I haven't over clocked it but the little beefy heatsink looks like it has some headroom. This HD6570 is the only one I found that has a memory clock of 900Mhz the others have been neutered to 667Mhz. The components and chokes are quality and I believe that will help in the long run for overclockers. Great HTPC card handles 1080p and blu ray playback flawlessly and even some light gaming. I get between 45-60 in NFS Hot pursuit with all details set to max at 1440 x 900.

Be aware catalyst 12.4 will disable your onboard sound if you install the HDMI driver, uncheck during install if you don,t plan on using it

PC Specs:
E8400 Core 2 duo
305watt Hp (bestec) 14A on the 12v rail PSU
4GB ddr800
VINE VOICEon August 10, 2012
I have a small Shuttle SG41J4 XPC with a 250W power supply that I use as an HTPC. Just to give you an idea, the specs are Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz, 4GB of RAM, Windows 7.

I wanted a low power card that's good enough for some less demanding games like L4D2 or indie games like Bastion, and the 6570 totally fit the the bill. With this card, I can run L4D2 at 1920x1080 with textures and shaders set to high/very high and even have FSAA/AF turned on. It runs amazingly smooth and looks great on my TV. The best part is that the fan on the card is very quiet. I haven't noticed any difference, in terms of noise, from the old Radeon HD 4350 that used to be in this system.

I suppose the only slight con might be that the heatsink is pretty tall, making this a two slot card even though it only takes up one PCI bracket.
on January 5, 2012
Needed a low profile video card that would run 2 monitors and fit in a small case. This card fit the bill. Included the extra face plates needed to set it up in 2 slots, Windows 7 recognized it right away and installed the needed drivers. Has worked flawlessly since I installed it. Would highly recommend.
on July 16, 2011
Plays Blu-rays great over HDMI. Fits in low-profile case due to the extra two brackets. Gets a 6.8 on the WEI on both graphic card tests (just to give an idea of its relative performance, though WEI is not considered a meaningful benchmark). Would not suggest this card for those interested in gaming, however. It's not really for that though reviews indicate it can play some of the less demanding games at lower resolutions.

The fan is extremely quiet. It can get warm.
on December 12, 2012
I needed something besides my on-board card to play Civilization V and some other games of that caliber. I installed it with no problems and was very pleased with the performance. I play Civ V with settings set to max and have no problems at all. I am also able to play Modern Warfare at pretty high settings. Overall, it seems to work great for every thing I need. Definitely an improvement over the on-board. The software that comes with it is crap though. You will have to go to ASUS website and download Catalyst and drivers to make it work correctly.
on May 5, 2013
This card has been rock solid, running windows 7 and using it for the media center. The system is the "VAIO® XL2 Digital Living System(tm)" which has the PCIe. It is the older version of the graphics slot. This card is running 1080p great, the video picture watching movies is very clear. The card is quiet, fits in the slot, and the HDMI connector on the card is located with enough space that the HDMI cable can plug in normally, it is a tight fit. I have been looking for a replacement card for this system a long time, this HD 6570 ASUS card is perfect for my home entertainment system.
Because PCIe is an older version of the slot, maybe some features do not work, but I can not tell, the performance is great.
on October 1, 2011
Was debating on which graphics card to use on my home built pc. This was chosen at the time since I was on a budget and read the reviews when it first came out this summer. works well. Much faster than integrated motherboard graphics on my ASUS EVO 88 v . My wife is able to photo edit pics and upload them to Facebook sooo much faster than previous using Corel paint shop pro x3. Also hooked up HDMI cable to 32 inch LCD TV watch mp4 files that's on my hard drive with no problem. Other computer specs AMD Phenom II1100. 8 g ram, windows 7 pro.
on January 23, 2013
I purchased this and the 6670 for a few Small Form Factor Dell 770s and 990s I was repairing for some customers. These cards work great. The power consumption is low, and the power supply has no trouble with this. Everyone has been happy with them.

This will not work in the older Dell Small form factors like the 745/755/760/380 etc because the PCI-e slot is next to the drive, it won't fit.

Highly recommended for a small form factor computer, if you've got a tower I'd suggest getting a full size card, as they would be a little cheaper.

See 1 answered question