- Save 10% on EBL AAA Rechargeable Batteries when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items - EBL Big Deal Battery & Charger ASIN: B01327S34C offered by EBL official. Enter code R6AALMON at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save $2.19 on EBL AAA Rechargeable Batteries, 1100mAh when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items -- EBL 4 AA Batteries with Battery Charger offered by EBL official. Enter code 2HKUPU3E at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
EBL 4 Pack AA 2000mAh Ni-MH Rechargeable Batteries with 4 Bay Smart AA AAA Battery Charger, Battery Case included
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.43. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$25.00 (69%)|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Packages: EBL 4 Counts AA 2000mAh Ni-MH batteries with 4 Bay AA AAA Rechargeable Battery Charger
- This EBL battery charger could charge 1/2/3/4 pcs of AA/AAA battery, in pairs or single supported.
- Controlled by MCU, and using -△V pulse charging technology, prevent the charger from over-charge,
- Improved low self discharge makes it still maintain 85% of capacity after 1 year of non-use
- Intelligent control - Advanced MCU control and -∆V function, over-heat and over-current protection,
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Features of charger
1. Individual charger, could optional charge 1,2,3,4 different AA AAA Ni-MH Ni-CD rechargeable batteries.
2. Corresponded LED indicators to show the charging progress clearly: RED--charging. Turn off the light automatically while 9.5±1 hours.
3. Constantly charging current and voltage keep the battery owns a longer using life.
4. Worldwide Voltage, more widely for whole word using, easy take for travel using also.
Features of batteries
1. Quantity: 4 Counts AA 2000mAh Ni-MH rechargeable batteries.
2. Voltage: 1.2V
3. High performance, up to 1,000 rechargeable cycles.
4. Precharged 15%~20% of capacity by solar energy. Could be used when you get it.
5. Excellent charge/discharge performance, the batteries will keep a high quality after 3-5 times charge & discharge when used in the first time or long time no used.
6. Longer life in the high drain devices than normal Alkaline batteries. 7. Great for high power demand devices such as digital camera, children¡¯ toys and so on.
Attention about the charger
The charger will turn off after 9.5±1 hours, please ensure the AA/AAA Ni-CD Ni-MH rechargeable batteries are out of capcity or lower than 20% of capacity before charging by this charger.
What you get
1x EBL 4 Slot AA AAA Ni-MH Ni-CD rechargeable battery charger(US Plug)
1x User Manual
4x EBL 2000mAh AA 1.2V Ni-MH batteries
1x Battery Storage Box
Top customer reviews
First observation: The four LED status indicators on the EBL-828 are exceedingly bright. I have to cover them with paper tape, or else the red light will keep me awake at night.
The product description says charging current is 200mA per cell. This agrees with my actual measured current - at least in the beginning when batteries are nearly empty. According to my EUM-A1 Power Usage Meter (which has a resolution of 0.1W), the charger consumes 0.3W in standby. When charging 4 AA cells, the power consumption starts from 4.7W and it drops to ~3.7-4.2W after a few hours. This indicates that charging current is not constant, but drops with higher battery voltage.
Another thing I noticed is that this charger does NOT use pulsed charging current like most other Smart chargers (such as the Panasonic BQ-CC17), so I have doubts on how does it detect end-of-charge signal (-dV/dt) reliably at such low DC current. Short answer: it doesn't.
[How Smart is this charger?]
For my first test, I put in four exhausted eneloop 2000mAh AA Batteries. The LEDs lights remained on overnight for ~9 hours then shut off. The average charge in those batteries, as measured by my Opus BT-C2000, is only ~1700mAh (as opposed to 1900mAh when charged by the BT-C2000 itself). Not a good start...
For my second test, I put in the same four cells, but this time they were pre-charged to approximately 1600/1200/800/400mAh, respectively. I expect the LED lights to go off one by one, roughly two hours apart. Instead when I checked after 7 hours, all LEDs are still on and the charger still consumes ~4W of input power. I removed the batteries at that point, to prevent further over-charging.
For my third test, I put in a set of exhausted Ansmann Max E 2500mAh Batteries. Although those batteries have higher capacities, the charger still turned off shortly after 9 hours. Once again, those batteries were only charged to 1600-1700mAh.
[What does it mean?]
Everything I observed suggest that EBL-808 is a timer-based DUMB charger. It blindly charges all batteries for a fixed duration and shuts off, regardless of the actual capacity or charge status of each cell. I even opened up the case, but can find no trace of individual control circuit for each charging channel.
According to the instruction sheet, there is a 14-hour internal timer. But according to my test, the timer is set to just 9 hours. The timer starts when you first inserted any battery into the charger. After the timer has expired, charging will not restart even if you insert another set of batteries. You have to unplug and plug in the charger again to reset the timer. If you leave batteries in this charger and the AC power was interrupted briefly, your batteries will be charged for another 9 hours.
The measured average capacity of those EBL batteries, according to my La Crosse BC1000, reached 2000mAh after 4 discharge/recharge cycles. So at least the capacity rating is accurate. One troubling sign is that the spread is relatively wide: three were around 1960mAh with the fourth one at 2100mAh.
Those EBL batteries are advertised as 'Pre-Charged' and have 'low self discharge' printed on each cell. Previously I have tested both 2300mAh and 2800mAh versions of EBL batteries, and determined that they are NOT low self discharge type. I don’t expect the 2000mAh version to do any better.
The Amazon description page claims EBL-828 is "Controlled by MCU, and using -delta V pulse charging technology". However I can find no evidence to support this. Based on all my testings, the EBL-828 is just a timer-based DUMB charger, falsely advertised as a 'Smart' charger. The 2000mAh batteries, although not the best quality, are at least serviceable. This is the only reason I give this EBL package a 2-star rating instead of just one.
Company contacted me quickly after I posted my initial review. They offered to send me a replacement to try out. I can't comment yet about the quality because I just opened it today and am charging the supplied batteries. But right now all the led's are lit, so it seems to be working properly. I am impressed that a company actually cares enough about it's reputation and it's customers to do what they can to rectify an issue with quality. Hopefully, this second charger will work as it should and I can give it a better review. Thank you EBL for your excellent customer service.
UPDATE: EBL customer service was great. After seeing my 1 star review, they offered to send me this product again at no cost. The new batteries definitely work better. Upgrade to 4 stars, I have to withhold 1 for the initial experience.
1) Avoid "low drain" appliances - for example a clock, or your keyboard or mouse for your computer. For some reason these kill the battery in days or weeks when you expected them to last a full year. These batteries (and all rechargeable ones I have tested) perform best under a "high drain rate" product like a flashlight.
2) Battery life will be about 50% of what a traditional battery will be.