- Save 10% on this item when you purchase 1 or more EBL 906 Smart Charger for Rechargeable Batteries ASIN: B00IHVQBMK offered by EBL official. Enter code JLTDACZP at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 8% on EBL D Size Rechargeable Batteries 4 Packs when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items - EBL C Size Battery (ASIN: B00FHVM7GC) offered by EBL official. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 8% on this item when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items - EBL 906 Battery Charger (ASIN: B073ZD7XVV) offered by EBL official. Enter code 9A4JL3XQ at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "EBL 5000mAh High Capacity Ni-MH Rechargeable C Bat..." and save 64% off the $39.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
EBL 5000mAh High Capacity Ni-MH Rechargeable C Batteries, 4 Pack (Battery Case Included)
& FREE Shipping on orders over $25.
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.59. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Battery: 4 pack C cell 5000mAh Ni-MH rechargeable battery
- Improved low self discharge makes it still maintain 75% of capacity after 3 year of non-use
- Batteries come pre-charged and can be recharged up to 1200 times
- Batteries can be used immediately out of the package
- Batteries can be used in any C device and work in all C NiMH chargers; ideal for high drain devices
AmazonBasics C Cell Everyday Alkaline Batteries (12-Pack) $11.15Shop now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
EBL - Professional Care and Low Self Discharge
EBL, since 1998, professional on batteries and chargers more than 17 years.
Professional and reliable on AA/AAA/C/D/18650/18500/16340/26650/20650/9V/Cordless Phone Rechargeable Batteries and Battery Chargers.
EBL always persistently providing high quality and services for everyone.
Home Basic Everyday - 4 Counts EBL C Cell Rechargeable Batteries 5000mAh
Features of batteries
* Quantity: Pack of 4 C Size 5000mAh Ni-MH rechargeable batteries.
* Voltage: 1.2V
* High performance, up to 1,000 rechargeable cycles.
* Precharged 15%~20% of capacity by solar energy. Could be used when you get it.
* Excellent charge/discharge performance, the batteries will keep a high quality after 3-5 times charge & discharge when used in the first time or long time no used.
* Longer life in the high drain devices than normal Alkaline batteries.
* Doesn't contain Hg/Cd/Pb, no pollution to the environment.
* Great for high power demand devices such as LED candle, flashlight, ortable CD and MP3 players, digital camera, children' toys and so on.
* Durable case, convenient for storage and taking on the go.
4 X EBL C Size 1.2V Rechargeable Batteries
2 X Battery Case
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Update 1 (3/29/2016):
I have not used any of the four batteries since initial testing but instead set them aside for long term self discharge testing. After three months I tested two batteries I had previously analyzed and charged using an Opus BT-C2400. I found they had both were ~81% charged (discharged ~19%). Considering how much self discharge has occurred in just three months, it's very unlikely these will hold 75% of their charge for three years as advertised. I will charge these up and test them again in the future, as well as the other two that are still sitting to get a couple of more data points on self discharge.
The EBL "C" rechargeable batteries arrived quickly and were well packaged. They came as two pairs, each pair in a plastic storage case. The measured size was within the standard for C (LR14) batteries and there shouldn't be an issue with them physically fitting into most devices. The batteries appear to be well constructed.
With rechargeable batteries the key information is capacity, self discharge rate, and number of cycles. Capacity is how much power (in milliamp-hours) the battery can hold, self discharge rate is how much power is lost in an unused charged battery after some period, typically 1 year. Cycles is the number of times the battery can be discharged down to a certain amount then recharged. With the right equipment, capacity can be easily measured. Self discharge rate can't be measured on a new battery as time has to pass before measurements can be done. Cycles is hard to measure without special equipment.
The EBL C batteries are advertised as having a 5000mAh capacity, a 25% self discharge rate after 3 years, and 1200 recharge cycles. Most "C" alkalines will maintain a capacity >7000 mAh during the first few years after manufacture. Don't expect any NiMh battery to perform the same as an alkaline, inherent differences in the chemistry just don't make this possible.
I can't test the 3 year self discharge rate now, nor the number of cycles, but I did test the initial charge and capacity. NiMh batteries need to be "conditioned" when new and periodically to achieve maximum capacity. My measurements and conditioning utilized an Opus BT-C2400. I performed three deep cycles to condition.
Initial charge as received: 4086, 3012, 3001, 2788 mAh (when new, a less than full charge is normal)
Capacity after conditioning: 4247, 4275, 4284, 4321 mAh (this should be >5000)
Unfortunately in my analysis, the stated capacity, or even 90% of it wasn't met. Further conditioning might give slight gains, but are unlikely to achieve even 4500mAh. I would have preferred to see them spec these at 4000mAh and over deliver instead of under delivering.
I plan to set aside two of these for at least three months then measure how much charge is left. That won't provide the 3 year self discharge rate, but it will give some idea of the self discharge characteristics. I'm particularly interested in these compared to regular NiMh batteries which can lose 30% or more in 3 months and eneloops which loose less than 10%.
Regardless of brand or size, getting the most out of rechargeable NiMh batteries is highly dependent on the person using them. Over discharging your batteries and using low quality "dumb" chargers is a sure way to a very short battery life.
Please click Yes if this review was helpful. I'll also try to respond to any questions.
Original Review: I bought these for a battery controlled fan which I intended to use when camping or if the power was out in the summer. Unfortunately, I had to throw two-thirds of them out after only one charge, since they wouldn't recharge and my charger said they were 'bad'. I have a number of rechargable batteries from other companies, and I haven't had problems with them, so I suspect it's not just me, but that the batteries were just defective.
It works fast and with both nickel-cadmium and nickel-metal hydride batteries, and with the standard AA, AAA, C, D, and 9V sizes. It also uses a standard plug instead of a power adapter. It even shows the current level of each battery in it. The button on the side also drains all of the batteries and then recharges them, a useful feature for Ni-Cd batteries to ensure that they are completely dead before recharging, or for reviving old batteries that may not charge otherwise.
All things considered, this is absolutely the best charger I have used, and for the price, this charger is a must-have for anyone who uses standard rechargeable batteries.