Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on February 26, 2015
These look better in person then in the photos. Very good looking and comfortable pair of wingtips. You cannot go wrong with Ecco. They are truly masters of their craft. I wear these shoes on cobblestone for 8 hrs a day with no complaints. These fit a tad on the small side but I'm sure they will stretch a little.

UPDATE: 6/12/15

Stay away from these. I assume these were from an old stock and had been sitting around for a while because 4 months in and they cracked and split where the shoe creases. I have been buying "Ecco" shoes for over 10 years now and I have never had a problem with any of the other shoes I have purchased. I currently have a pair that are easily 5 years old that still look and feel great. I really loved the look of these shoes, but I have to warn the rest of you about these.
review imagereview image
15 people found this helpful
on June 30, 2015
Not a good experience - the shoes were extremely tight across top of my foot - the part under the laces as if they were tall enough from the sole up. The length and the width were fine. In fact, they were so tight on the top that that I tried them unlaced to relive the pressure although that only helped for a while. I then took them off between meetings under my desk and in the car to get relief until I could get home. A few days later I foolishly thought I would see if they stretched from the day 1 wearing and pain but no. This time (after the above steps were repeated) I actually needed to remove the insole in order to make it home without limping. That actually worked and gave relive but shoes without insoles are abviosuly not comfortable to wear.

I always buy the same size dress shoes (13, 47 EU in Ecco ) and I buy most of my shoes on-line without ever trying them on an have never sent a pair back or had this problem. In fact, In this case I was specifically looking to replace my last pair of almost identical Ecco dress shoes, which I had for years, that the bottom finally wore out on. I liked them so much that after unsuccessfully trying to replace them on-line with the same model & color I first took them to my local cobbler/ shoe repair man who said he could resole them - not a good idea as they literally came off the new soles within hours of wearing them. I subsequently read that Ecco shoes could not be resoled.

This order was an attempt to replace my old pair as close as possible but I will be sending them back.
2 people found this helpful
on March 19, 2015
Originally posted a negative review of these shoes. After a full month of breaking these in, they have indeed become one of the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever owned. However I am not sure if 4X/week use for over a month of severe pain and discomfort was worth the prize. Raising this product from 2 to 3 stars.

ORIGINAL (NEGATIVE) REVIEW
The right shoe is the most comfortable dress shoe I have ever worn. The left shoe creases in a different spot and causes incredible pain to my left big toe. If my feet are symmetrical, then it must be the shoes :(
One person found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on May 2, 2015
Took a chance and ordered for my husband. I fully expected to have to return them. He normally prefers a quality brand with excellent shoes, arches, support, style, etc. Can't remember name right now. With only ONE flat foot, his shoe experiences can be unique. But I asked him what size he normally wears, so that's what I ordered. They fit! He said that surprisingly they were comfortable even on the first day. He liked the look. No odd rubbing on his foot. Within a week, it became a favorite office shoe, where he is frequently up and away from his desk and on his feet. Pacing. Or whatever.
Update from months later: still a favorite shoe; worn frequently.
on November 5, 2015
I'm in these ten hours a day and these are by far the best shoes I found for work. I bought five of these throughout the years, same model, three different colors. They run a bit large but the width is spot on. The shoes are perfect for any occasion, they look old school and classy, without overdoing it. They are are very comfortable, practical, well made and hold up very well. Can't recommend these enough.
on October 23, 2015
I cannot say enough good things abouto Ecco shoes! Definitely more comfortable than my Cole Haans. I'm in a profession where I'm always on my feet and travel frequently. This is my third pair and I won't stop buying them until they discontinue them. They clean up and buff well, it's like a whole new shoe when you throw some shine on them. Lightweight and perfect for someone who needs that half size for comfort.
on October 21, 2015
The shoe is well design and seems to mold on you foot very well. It is quite stylish and pass as a dress shoes for work. The soft leather top and synthetic sole is a good combination to walk with. The leather seems slightly dull compared to a all leather shoes. A good shoe shine makes it better. I hope the manufacturer continues it's production. I definitely get another pair when this first one wares out.
on May 1, 2017
After a couple of years I still have these guys and while they are losing some comfort, they still fit well and look good. I will always still with ECCO, have about 6 pairs. I'm 6'3 330 and these bad boys have stood test of time and fit well on my big feet.
on August 21, 2015
These are the most comfortable shoe on the planet. I need a shoe that has a great arch support and I can wear these all day everyday, and I would never be able to compare them with any other shoe I have ever owned, other that when I owned the same shoes. I told my wife these are the only shoes I want to own the rest of my life. And by that I mean any style of ecco! Seriously fantastic.
on April 7, 2014
I have been wearing Ecco's for the past 6 years, firstly as a casual shoe then for the office. The nice key I find is that the sizing is standard across the range - once I had fitted into one then most, if not all other styles have fitted like a glove.

As far as this shoe construct goes - the Brogue is clean without being overkill nor dare I say it, comical. The lack of fringed edged leather with stitching is actually a nice bonus as it keeps the lines of the construct clean and keeps the attention on the toecap.

The sole is the standard cushioned build, which for me is a total boon as I walk to and from the station for work and at no point do I feel like I am wearing a dress shoe.

Overall I am happy with the shoes and would keep buying this line.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.