Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 414 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 485 reviews
on March 12, 2016
I have been wearing these shoes for years; you can't beat the fit and comfort. There is no other shoe I have found that feels great from the moment you put them on. They look fine for casual wear, but can handle a long hike too. Having worn these for more than 15 years, however, has also given me an insight into the process of crapification that affects so many consumer products. In other words, how poorly/cheaply can we manufacture something and still sell it? In the case of the Ecco Seawalker, the crapification has taken the form of increasingly poor quality material in the stitching. While a pair of these shoes used to last 2-4 years, they last about a year now before the stitching begins to come apart. The soles and the leather in the uppers are fine, but the threads come apart. So, still a comfortable shoe, but the build quality has declined. Don't expect them to last more than a year of full-time wear. Given the cost, this is an issue.
on April 30, 2015
I bought a pair of these shoes three years ago prior to a vacation trip. Wanted walking shoes that also looked a little dressy. My wife and I walked all over Paris - I estimate I put about 35 miles on them that week. I've been wearing them regularly every since. The soles are just beginning to wear out. These are, for me, good-looking, comfortable, durable shoes. I love 'em!

5/2/2015:

My new pair of these shoes arrived today. The old ones look almost as good, and are still wearable. They're leather shoes (old and new) but I've never polished the old ones.

I told my wife I should have waited another year, but after three years and (I'd guess) a couple hundred miles or more of walking, some wear is beginning to develop in the heels. I'll just keep on using the old ones until they have holes in the soles, then switch to the new ones. I should get seven or eight years out of the two pairs.

They just go on and on. I can't recommend these shoes highly enough - really they're the best shoes I've ever owned, including a couple of pairs of Mephistos at almost twice the price.
review image
on April 18, 2016
I'm on my feet most of the day at my job and was getting tired of buying shoes every 4-6 months. I normally purchase $50-$80 "name brand" shoes from franchise shoe stores. I did some research on service industry shoe wear and stumbled across the Ecco brand several times. I decided to get a pair even though they cost quite a bit more than what I usually spend on shoes. When I first tried them on, they felt like they were already broken in. I found myself wearing them every day. So after the first month or so, I decided I would wear them every day just to see how long they would last. I wore them to work, on weekends, walking trails and on dew soaked grass. The only thing I did was clean them with saddle soap every 3 months or so. In addition to being the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn, I firmly believe they are the main reason I have experienced pain relief from a bulging disk in my lower back, I don't know if this is psychological or not but I normally have to get cortizone shots a few times a year for my back pain and this is the first year in the last 4 years that I haven't needed any. I bought these at the end or March 2015 so I've worn them for a year now. The bottom line is that it is worth the extra money for shoes to be this comfortable and to last this long.
on December 21, 2015
Update - One Year Later:

It's been over a year and I've work these shoes at least 25 times. They show almost NO sign of wear! Kudos to Ecco for creating a show that holds-up well.

Original review:

Comfortable and fit is perfect. My first pair lasted for years on my daily shoe rotation. I'm a solid 44 in ECCO and these are no different. They also last a long time and don't wear out quickly. The footbeds are removable which is a good thing. Arch support isn't built-in unless you use your own orthotics, so if you have high arches, you may want to invest in orthotics. These come out of the box for someone with low arches. You can take these on vacation and walk all day without discomfort.

This model is too casual for a jacket and tie and/or a suit. A perfect compliment is to pair these jeans or khakis.
on September 5, 2016
I bought a pair of Ecco hiking boots in 1999 at the recommendation of my physician (plantar fasciitis). I also bought a pair of Sea Walker Ties at the same time. I still have the Ties....use for lawn work. The hiking boots died when I left them sitting in gasoline in the garage in 2008. I have purchased 9-10 pairs of Ties since then....not because they wear out...just my preference since I routinely wear them to work in a business casual workplace. They simply don't wear out. The only problem I have ever had is with laces. The shoes long outlast the laces. I have given away several used pairs and still have 5 pairs on hand. If one is patient enough to work on the appearance (I'm not), I honestly believe these shoes would last for decades. Two other things; the shoes are comfortable out of the box....and you will need replacement laces. Ecco provides the latter free upon request (or it has in the past).
on March 29, 2016
These shoes were comfortable straight out of the box. I was surprised because I have a very wide foot (US 9.5 3E-4E) and so have difficulty finding footwear that's comfortable at all, much less after a period of breaking in. I was leery but hopeful after much research and these kicks have not disappointed one bit.

In spite of the fact that they do not come in widths, the overall shape of this particular ECCO accommodates my own wide feet quite nicely. I can also say that won't be the case for other, differently shaped wide feet. Mind you, not all ECCO shoes have the same shape and there are some I cannot wear because the details of their styling are either too narrow (toe box and/or midsole) or too low/short for the top of my foot above the arch (especially with slip-ons) and effect circulation. No such troubles with this model.

The only downside is that, according to ECCO, they no longer make this shoe and what's out there are all of them. The new model alternative is the Howell Moc Tie which I haven't had a chance to try on. To my understanding the main difference is that the Seawalker has a dual-density outsole & the Howell has a one-piece outsole.
on February 11, 2015
Out of the blue I developed plantar fasciitis and tried several remedies, nothing seemed to work. A friend recommended that I try a pair, out of desperation I did. I was very pleased right from the beginning with fit, feel and comfort. BUT, be sure to get a proper fitting and TRY a pair before ordering on line. The German sizes do not seen to transfer directly to U.S. sizes and width. Also, not all the ECCO shoes have the same sole type and that can be counterproductive. I would recommend for folks with or without foot issues.
on October 3, 2014
For years I would buy cheaper shoes ($50 plus or minus) and they would last me a couple of years or so. Several years ago I splurged and purchased a pair of these from a local shoe store. They were so much more comfortable than what I had worn before (Rockport and others) and they lasted very well. After about five years of wearing them to work every day the leather was getting too scuffed up and the soles were starting to wear a bit so I bought another pair on Amazon. They fit and felt just like the retired pair, but now after a little less than two years the stitching over the toe of one shoe is getting quite loose and the stitching on the other shoe is getting slightly loose too. This didn't happen at all with my first pair. I'll see if I can get them repaired. I love the way they feel and look, but for the cost I would have hoped that they would have lasted as well as my first pair. From searching reviews, apparently I'm not the only one with this problem.
on October 9, 2015
While these fit just fine I did return them. Once I pulled them out of the box my wife ripped them from my hands telling me that they look like old man walking shoes. I have owned dress ECCO's for years and love them. These I was hoping to look more deck shoe-ish that I could wear with jeans at work. I could wear them at work but would have had to really defend them and I just don't have that fortitude for a shoe that is for a demographic that I refuse to buy into, although I am pushing 60. Nice shoes and if you own a pair of walking shoes with Velcro, these will be a BIG step up: ECCO quality and laces. BTW, these had a free return, including shipping. I printed the label, drove them 2 minutes to the UPS store and 3 hours later, Amazon sent me an email that they had received them and had credited my account. How do they do that so fast! Nice.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2013
ECCO is well within the top 3 or top 5 (depending on who you include in the list) of best men's comfort shoes. These shoes, this model specifically, offers good cushioning and is excellent for all day walking around town. I've been wearing these shoes for the past 10 years. I also own a model called the SeaTrac which is a GoreTex lined model. That one is superb for winter/rain/snow wear.

You will see there is a review from one person regarding his sole falling apart. Yeah, I had that happen on one pair. I have a feeling it was because I walked through something which caused the sole to disintegrate within a period of 30 minutes. It was probably a petrol based product as those will destroy most gum based sole technologies (much like how if you use lighter fluid to remove any type of rubbery residual type stuff).

Very comfortable. Not the most attractive but at my age I'll take comfort over looks. Be aware that these casual shoes differ in comfort from some of their dress shoes. No matter what the heritage of the company, a dress shoe will never be as comfortable as a casual shoe. If you can afford them, get these.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.