Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15 reviews
on April 25, 2017
I recommend picking one up if you are new to fly fishing. I bought this for my 7 year old to try to get him to learn the mechanics of fly casting. Trying to keep a tight loop and hauling at different angles is perfect to learn with this. It is super light which means its takes a few minutes to transfer the skill to an 8w. Still worth it for learning.
on April 16, 2017
Good product to be able to practice casting when I don't want to drag out my fly rod. Down side is that you need a lot of space to cast and I wasn't able to cast indoors because my ceilings were too low.
on January 8, 2014
This is excellent. I did not realize that a practice fishing rod would be so much fun trying to learn how to fly fish. I think this is one of the best inventions and I can't imagine how many have bought and used this to learn. I am learning a lot and think I am ready to go fishing for sure! I am glad I bought this practice rod.
on April 21, 2017
Every fly fisherman who is trying to learn casting or practice a new technique should have one. This gadget allows you to practice the proper arm movements to easily load the rod and makes it very easy to see what the line is doing.
on May 2, 2014
I enjoy this practice rod. We have a small yard so I can't practice with a full size fly rod. The Echo is about 3.5 feet long, and balanced to the 1/4" braided rope which serves as the "flyline" About 4' of red yarn is the "leader" It will cast fifteen feet or so. Great for remembering/acquiring the feel of the cast, and practicing accuracy.

I use it outdoors, on grass. Grass or carpet will cling enough to the line to allow roll casting. Indoors, unless you have a large, empty room with a cathedral ceiling, you'll have trouble using the rod, although I plan to try it while sitting or kneeling on the floor.
on April 29, 2013
Put a fly rod in the hands of a student, and you are just asking for trouble. Then put that rod inside, and the recipe for disaster is final.
However with this gizmo, you can practice inside without having to worry about tearing things apart.
Things I've learned:
1. The follower did come loose on the second day. I whip-finished it and was back in action.
2. No cats! Cats love yarn and will make quick work of you line.
3. The action is more like an over lined fly rod than a balanced one. The translation to a "real" fly rod will still take just a little time.
on November 15, 2013
I recommend this product. Great rod to practice casting indoor and outdoor. Got a few friends to try it and now they're into fly fishing. Only thing I don't like is the glue by the handle came loose and I should get the seller to replace but didn't want to go thru the hassle sending it back. Other than that its a great way to practice.
on September 18, 2015
This has been a big hit with our kids and any kids that come over. It really helped our oldest get the hang of things befreo heading to Alaska for a fishing trip.
on December 16, 2012
The Echo micro practice rod is a fantastic learning tool for new fly casters and experienced ones. It mimics casting a real fly rod perfectly and perhaps most importantly is just a super fun tool for just throwing some line when you can't get out to the water. Well done.
on April 2, 2012
I bought this to teach my grandsons the basics is fly casting. But have used it more myslf tobrush up my casting.
A handy little tool which can be used in a small space.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question