- Save 5% on 100W 12V mono solar panel kit when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by DC HOUSE. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 5% on 100W 12V poly solar panel kit when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by DC HOUSE. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 5% on this item when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by DC HOUSE. Here's how (restrictions apply)
ECO-WORTHY 20W 12V Solar Panel Kit: 20 Watt Polycrystalline Solar Panel & Battery Clips & 3A Charge Controller
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Can be applied to varies DC appliance, Ideal for everyday use
- High efficiency solar cells, small in size and easy to take
- Water-proof solar panel with long lasting aluminum frame provides over 20 years lifespan
- 3A 12V/24V PWM charge controller, overcharge and over discharge protection for the battery.
- Package includes: 1pcs 20w poly solar panel with 1m cable solar panel & 1pcs 3A 12V/24V solar charge controller & 2m extension cable with battery clips
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
|Color||20w Poly Kit|
|Manufacturer Part Number||AM-P20X-CB-1|
|Package Height||2 x 15 x 21 inches|
|Shipping Weight||5.5 pounds|
3A PWM Solar Sharge Controller
- Nominal output(automatic identification): 12V/24V
- Operating current: 3A
- Short-term load current (60 seconds): 6A
- MAX Solar panel: 40W/80W
- Over discharge protection: 10.8V/21.6V
- Over charge protection: 14.4V/28.8V
- Float charge: 13.8V/27.6V
- PWM charging: YES
- Self-Consumption: 1.5mA/3mA
- Waterproof Class: IP22
- Notice: the controller is not suitable for exposing at outdoor in a long time.
Complete Solar Kit with Reliable Quality
- Comes with 1 pair 30A Battery Clips with 6.5 feet Extension Solar Cable.
- Perfect for charging 12V battery and DC load.
- Easy to carry for camping or other outdoor activities.
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum frame for extended outdoor use, allowing the panels to last for decades as well as withstand high winds (2400Pa) and snow loads (5400Pa).
- Power-up one or two at a time.
- It's great for students and hobby on budget.
- Pls make sure your battery voltage is higher than 10.8 volts before connecting to the charge controller, and the safe charging voltage of battery is below 13.86 volts.
- For up-grading for bigger or stacking solar panels, you must get one heavy duty charge controller 10 Amp or 30 Amp.
- Perfect for running your DC devices: fan, linear actuator for a portable chicken coop, LED light etc.
- If you want the solar kit to run AC load, pls hook up one off grid inverter.
Top customer reviews
I measured this unit putting 1.4 amps into my low car battery on a sunny day in December in Maine. That's about 18 watts in the middle of winter, pretty good for a 20 watt panel. That was before I fixed the wiring.
The label on the back of the solar panel has slightly different specs than the Amazon title. It says 25 watts max power. See attached photo.
The included charge controller works well. It's an intelligent 3A PWM charger that automatically switches through 3 charging phases: bulk, absorption, float (trickle). It has an LED to indicate when it has solar power and what charging phase it's in. It will prevent over discharging below 10.8 volts and over charging above 14.4 volts.
At one point I thought my charger was broken and started looking for a replacement. A decent PWM charger like this runs 15-20, so it's a decent value. I later discovered the charger was fine, the problem was the cheap included wires (see below).
I was a little worried about the charger consuming battery power when there isn't any sun. Cheaper chargers use a little battery power overnight and on very cloudy days while waiting for the sun to come back. I wanted to leave my system unattended for months during our short and cloudy winter days without discharging my battery, so I can't tolerate much current drain when the sun is gone. Amazon didn't list the current drain when I bought it. I measured the charger's current drain with no sun at about 1mA. That seems pretty reasonable compared to 10-50mA with other chargers. The charger ships with a spec sheet, which lists the current drain as 1.5mA (see attached).
The spec sheet says the charger is made for Gel batteries. It seems to work fine on my SUV car battery though.
I measured my battery voltage while charging on a sunny day. 13-14 volts is normal, but I was only getting 12.4 volts. I thought the controller had gone bad so I tried another one. Same problem. I tried lots of things, went over all the connections many many times but nothing worked. It definitely had power coming from the solar panel, it just wasn't getting to the battery. Over a few days I did notice the battery charge increasing very slowly, but the charger kept thinking the battery was fully charged too soon and kept turning off (trickle mode) too early. I finally had the idea to check the battery voltage at the other end of the battery wires (where they connect to the charger). The charger was putting out 13.6 volts at about 1.5 amps, but only 12.4 volts was getting to the battery. That's 10% of the solar power being wasted by wire resistance! It was also enough to fool the charger into thinking the battery was charged and switching to a low power mode, which throws away even more of the generated power. It will still charge your battery eventually assuming you aren't using the battery for something else, but it will be slow.
I replaced all the wire with normal 16 gauge wire, and it fixed everything. I measured 13.6 volts at the charger and 13.5 volts at the battery while charging at 1.5 amps. It charges much faster now, and I can use the battery to power other things. I attached a picture of the cheap wires they include and some normal 16AWG wires I replaced them with. On the outside it's deceiving because the cheap wires look reasonably thick. But if you cut into it you'll see the cheap wires are almost all rubber insulation and have very little actual metal inside.
Replacement wire: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NSGCVWI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_feSyyb487STEM
The actual solar panel appears waterproof and has white silicone around the edges on the back. However the charger is definitely NOT waterproof. It came with clear silicone applied along the bottom of the green connector, but that's pointless since the top and sides of the connector have bigger openings and were left unsealed. I needed the charger to work outside in the winter in rain, snow, ice, etc., so any water intrusion could easily freeze and damage things. You could always buy silicone and seal all the openings including the holes in the green connector where the wires attach, but then it will be a pain if you ever want to remove and reattach the wires later. I ended up opening the charger box and spraying conformal coat to waterproof all the electronics. Then I drilled a 1/8" hole in the white box to allow any water that gets in to drain back out. Takes about 10 minutes. So far it's holding up well to our Maine winter environment!
Conformal coat: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BXSMNWG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_AbSyybQ2NH5G4
I didn't see any of this information posted anywhere else, so hopefully some people will find this info helpful!
X1 - Any car battery works, for heavy use (and very long life) highly recommend Optima Batteries 8052-161 D31M BlueTop Starting and Deep Cycle Battery
X1 - 20W 12V Solar System Kit : 20 Watt Polycrystalline Solar Panel&Battery Clips&3A Charge Controller
X2, 1ea black 1ea red - Grand General 55235 White 100' 16-Gauge Primary Wire
X1 - JR Products 12015 White Double SPST On-Off Switch with Bezel
X1 - HIGHROCK Ac Dc 12v 10a Auto on Off Photocell Light Switch Photoswitch Light Sensor Switch
X2 - AUDEW 40 LED White Interior Light Kit For LWB Van Lorries Sprinter Ducato Transit VW
X1, for high draw 110v inverter - Grand General 55251 Red 12-Gauge Primary Wire
X2 - GLW® 10w 12v Ac or Dc Warm White Led Flood Light Waterproof Outdoor Lights 750lm 80w Halogen Bulb Equivalent Black Case