4 Year Home Improvement Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
ECO-WORTHY 12 Volts 5 Watts Solar Trickle Charger for 12V Batteries Portable Power Solar Panel Battery Charger Backup for Car Boat Marine
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- [ Feature ] - Environmental protection and energy saving, built-in blocking diode to prevent reverse discharge, not only maintains the battery lifetime but also extends its usage life, keep the battery from drain dead .
- [ Wide Use ] - Perfect trickle charger/maintainer for 12V batteries of cars, motorcycles, boats, snowmobiles, tractors etc. The dimensions is 8.7in x 7.5in
- [ Warm Tip ] - Please remove the protective plastic film from the right corner of the panel before using it. The cigarette plug option only works if it has constant power when the key is out of the ignition. When you start the car, please remove the solar panel from the car battery. The suckers help to attach the solar panel on the smooth surface like windshield.
- [ Suitble For ] - Charging 12V battery in emergency, suitable for the vehicles in outdoor work, travel or camping training, and the vehicles are put for a long time. Easy to install and completely maintenance-free.
- [ Updates ] - Comes with the cigarette lighter adapter and 1 pair of battery clips. Unique design-high quality clips to prevent short circuits. The panel is well packaged in a firm box, avoiding crashing.
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
- 1pc*12V 5W Solar trickle charger with 57inch (145cm) cord
- 1pc*Alligator clip adapter with 22.8inch (58cm) cord
- 1pc*Cigarette lighter adapter with 22.8inch (58cm) cord
- 4pcs*PVC Suckers
Why do I need a solar trickle charger?
Three reasons to own a Solar Battery Trickle Charger:
- Batteries Naturally Discharge - Automotive batteries naturally discharge when not in use.
- Vehicles have a small but constant battery drain - Modern vehicles have upwards of 30 body control modules (computers), alarm systems, immobilizers and lock monitoring. These units all consume electricity from the battery. That's why in a week or two with no or little vehicle use the battery can become discharged.
- Battery life is shortened if it is not kept charged - A 12V battery that is not correctly maintained above 12.4V can suffer from sulphation. Sulphation is the main cause of battery failure. That's why the auto battery easy goes to dead when vehicles are left standing for long periods.
Get ECO-WORTHY Solar Car Battery Charger As Your Battery Maintainer ,so you'll never have a flat battery again!!!
12V Car Battery Charger
Portable Battery Charger
Maximum Power (Pmax): 5W
Open-circuit Voltage (Voc): 22.41V
Short-circuit Current (Isc): 0.3A
Maximum Working Voltage (Vpm): 17.9V
Maximum Working Current (Ipm): 0.28A
Net Weight: 0.76lb ( 345g )
Size: 8.07inch*9.25inch ( 20.5cm*23.5cm )
- Solar panel to SAE connector: 57inch(145cm)
- Alligator clip to SAE connector: 22.8inch(58cm)
- Cigarette lighter plug to SAE connector: 22.8inch(58cm)
Plug&Play SAE connector
Solar Panel SAE connector is plug and play, no need to recognize positive or negative, simple and easy to use.
Note:As this is 5w solar panel main function is prevent battery drain out, not for full charging your battery
Plug the cigarette lighter to socket when use it to charge or maintain vehicle's battery, really plug and play.
Note:In some makes of vehicles, the cigarette lighter may not operate when the ignition is turned off. If so, you can connect directly to the battery using alligator battery clamps and cables.
Alligator Clip Adapter
Use the red and black battery clamps to trickle charge and maintain 12 V battery, make sure they connect correctly.
Built-in blocking diode
Built-in blocking diode to prevent reverse discharge.
this solar power panel on your windshield with the suction cups or fix it on the sun visor with the back strips.
|5 Watt Solar Trickle Charger||10 Watt Solar Trickle Charger||10 Watt Solar Panel Kit with Controller||25 Watt Solar Panel Kit with Controller||120 Watt Portable Solar Panel Charger with Controller|
|Function||Trickle Charge Car Battery||Battery Maintainer||Charger 3-5 Ah Battery||For Chicken Coop, Gate Opener||Charge Portable Generator|
|Dimensions||8.07 x 9.25 inches||14.37 x 9.25 inches||13.2 x 8 x 0.7 inches||17 x 13.8 x 1.4 inches||21.5 x 14.6 x 2.5 inches|
|Weight||15.2 ounces||1.46 pounds||2.15 pounds||4.38 pounds||8.42 pounds|
|Adapter||SAE adapter||SAE adapter||Alligator clip adapter||Alligator clip adapter||8 IN 1 DC adapter|
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Using a multimeter set to continuity measure, I tested the solar panel. By connecting the leads via the positive clip, the multimeter would be trying to power the solar panel. There was no continuity! When I connected the leads the other way (positive lead to the negative clip) there was continuity. This means that the solar panel has a diode that blocks in current coming from the positive clip (the same way a car battery would be trying to charge this thing).
Then I moved onto the 12v socket connector. There is an LED and a resistor inside. THIS NEEDS TO BE CUT OUT/REMOVED. If this is left plugged in overnight, the car battery will be drained. With the resistor and LED removed, the 12v socket connector does not consume any electricity. I have yet to test this on a sunny day, so I do not know how much voltage/current it will output.
.If you buy a 12v power (cigarette lighter) extension with two or three outputs, you can plug the solar charger into one socket, and a car USB adapter into the other(s). You don't have to plug anything into the cigarette lighter
Power will flow from solar panel into one socket providing power to USB adapter in other socket.
A fair question might be why would anybody need this at all? The answer is modern cars use battery power even when they are just sitting. This power is used to keep alive the memory in the radio and the car's computer. Even though the power used for keep-alive is very low - in the milliamps - this power can be enough to run down your battery if the car sits idle for a week or longer. Some people even disconnect the battery of a car that sits a long time, which does work to keep the battery from running down. However the computer memory is gone, so if you disconnect the battery, the car would need to be driven quite a while for the computer to reset for the "smog test memory" (the best description i have, for certain functions the computer stores, and that are the first thing they look at during a smog check), Long story short, if you have a state smog check coming up soon - the LAST thing you want to do is disconnect the battery! Since it won't pass smog until those functions reset.
Anyway I measured the voltage on the cigarrette lighter socket and got nothing. I put the VOM on all the fuses with the dial set to check continuity and they were all good. Rather then open that can of worms trying to fix it I just used the supplied clips to put on the battery. Then ran the power cord out of the engine compartment and through the door frame of the passenger side, and closed the door on it. And set the charger on the dash, where it gave me a reading from the alligator clips as shown in the image.
By the way, the panels are covered by plastic when you get them and just remove the plastic for it to work optimally, if you use a sharp object use care not to cut the panels.
Update 9/21/2017 I have been using this solar panel for several months now, haven't had the battery run dead yet so it's still working. I bought a second unit and installed it the same way - just routed the cable out the engine compartment and into the cabin and close the door on it. The alternative is chopping a hole in the firewall to fit the cable through and I don't want to do that, I'd rather have to change the cable once in a while if I have to. I guess the only way I'd find out if the cable is too worn is to measure the voltage at the clamps from time to time other wise it might stop charging and I wouldn't even know it.
They deny refund on purchase and I now have a panel that kills batteries rarher rhan charge them.
My brand new car battery is now damaged and doesn't hold charge like it did before I bought this product.
The silicone didn't cure fully and has a bunch of craters.
I will update over time*
I hope this doesn't affect the quality.
* charges affectivly and it's an overcast day.
Noticing burn in the cells, so far, this product isn't lasting very long.
And the return policy expires once it's in your hand, so those are red flags, save yourself the money.
I also own an Allpowers solar panel, much better quality with that one.
The customer shouldn’t have to buy a Multi-meter, to see if it works....
This panel is well designed and made, and it comes with adapters to both charge the battery through direct post clips or a power plug outlet. The one improvement it could have is a USB adapter, so one could also use it to charge a phone or other device.