Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Eco-Bags Products Recycled Cotton Tote, Natural
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Color: Red|Change
Price:$7.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on January 27, 2009
I do like these bags. They work well, and four of them are just about perfect for grocery shopping for a family of four. The long handle is great, and the construction is good quality. My only complaints are; 1., the price. They're pretty expensive for a bag. I found after I purchased them that they're more reasonably priced on the manufacturers website, and they often have shipping deals. My other complaint is major. The first time I washed the bags, they shrunk to about half the size, and I did NOT put them in the dryer. I liked them much better before I washed them. That said, they do the job and I like that they're fair wage. From now on, I'll buy them direct from the manufacturer and not wash them until I absolutely have to.
on March 4, 2011
I like canvas bags. I have lots of them and use them to carry groceries, books, hardware, clothes, etc. I've washed lots of canvas bags and never had one shrink. This Ecobags canvas bag shrank even when washed in cold water. Ecobags should have use preshrunk canvas.

Additionally, the straps are not 22". Mine are 9" from the top edge of the bag to the middle of the handle which makes it more suitable for hand carrying.
on August 29, 2010
I was very disappointed with the purchase of this product for the following reasons. The dimensions that are given are for the bag prior to being washed. In other words, the canvas was not preshrunk before the bag was assembled. The bag shrunk in size by over an inch in width and height. I have several other canvas bags, so I know how to care for canvas bags. They are to be washed in cold water and hung to dry. The canvas material used in making these bags was very thin and inferior. I would not recommend these bags, as I believe it is not a quality product.
on November 4, 2010
The description indicates a 22" over-the-should strap. That is not the case. Only a 6 or 7" strap is the case so that it has to be hand held. Very disappointed, but not worth returning.
on April 14, 2013
Unfortunately, I did not listen to other reviewers. When you get the bag it is initially very large (and I was thrilled). However, washing the bag (even if you follow the instructions to perfection) nets you a bag that is less than half of the original dimensions of the bag. I would recommend skipping out on these and buying some totes made from recycled plastic or if you have to go all natural to get the all natural string market totes also made by EcoBags. Those held up great after the initial wash. They look great (come in lots of fun colors) and they hold a ton! This one bag costs roughly $10 bucks, the Ecobag String Market bags come in a set of 5 for roughly $30.

Bottom Line: I will definitely NOT be recommending this bag to friends and family, or anyone for that matter. And, if I could have given it no stars... I probably would have.
on May 23, 2007
This is a great bag!!! It's big and spacious and I went shopping with it and was able to get most of my groceries in just 3 of these bags versus 10 or more store bags. I am glad I am doing my part to help save our earth!
on July 17, 2007
I wasn't sure what to expect when I ordered 3 of these, but they are very spacious! I have used them a few times, I'm still trying to get used to having these and bringing them with me every time I go shopping. I did go one evening and brought 2 thinking the items I was buying would need 2 of the bags. They all fit into 1, including an 8 pack of gatorade! I also took these with me when I went to buy my daughter some summer cloths and they all fit right in. This product is wonderful, and it's great to be doing my part to reduce my plastic waste. They were a great price, and very sturdy, I would definitely recommend these.
on April 7, 2015
This came faster than I had anticipated. I didn't have enough time to change my mind and cancel the order. Thank goodness because they are perfect. I'm making gift bags for my guests for a cruise themed party. I'm only a few weeks away and I have done little decorating on them which was the point all along. I can't explain the stress of figuring out how i'm going to apply an iron on decal somewhere on this bag. It's nice and sturdy too, I will be putting a bunch of random stuff in there so will let you know how they hold up after the party.

Here is to a good future review.
on January 17, 2014
Great for the shopper who is tired of all the plastic bags or tired of having to recycle the plastic bags. These are fairly large and hold much more than a typical shopping bag. This means that I make fewer trips back to the car when carrying groceries in. It also means that the bags are much heavier and I get big muscles from carrying them!

My only complaint is that the bags are very stiff and wrinkled after the first wash. I hung them to dry. Maybe I should tumble them in the dryer after they are almost completely dry. The stiffness makes them hard to fold and pack into each other. Otherwise they are doing exactly what I need them to.
on July 4, 2015
I have used these bags even before we all had to "bring our own" here in California. Unlike a lot of other bags, these are bigger and "boxier" by design so that they hold a lot. A very lot. These are second generation as the old ones began to get tears after years of use. Sill as sturdy.