Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 28 reviews
on September 9, 2009
I had the disadvantage of staying in a hotel with faulty plumbing. The water occasionally came out of the tap in unpleasant deep brown or yellow colors. Yuck. But the Portable Water Filter Bottle came through. Yeah, it takes a few extra initial bottle loads to get the filter ready than the instructions say. And you need a Kung Fu grip to push the water through the filter. But the funky brown water came out crystal clear, tasty, odorless, and healthy. BTW, if you don't have Kung Fu grip, just sit gently on the bottle with a cup to catch the water in. This saved me at least the equivelent amount of money in bottled water so far and I think it will triple that in the future.
44 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2017
Love it
on September 12, 2009
I bought two of these bottles because my husband and I travel on a motorcycle. Every time we stop we buy some bottled water at a convenience store and if we sightsee we buy more bottled water. I just wanted a bottle you bought once and filled up where ever. I like this a lot but my husband does not because it is hard to suck up the water.
My bottle whistles too, kinda funny at times but if you are at the movies the whistle from sucking up the water is distracting.
on June 7, 2016
It is hard to get the water out and it leaks. It won't seal completely. Lightweight and easy to use, just won't give you much water at one time. If the bottle gets low on water it won't come out. Great concept, but a pain to get some water.
on January 12, 2013
The owners manual istructs "Hold bottle at about a 45 degree angle and squeeze bottle to force water through filter and up through straw". Water leaked through lid. A drop or two dripped out of straw. I would not place my life at risk depending on this device to make safe contaminated water safe to drink.
on April 18, 2013
If we hold it upside down we can get water to dribble out. I bought this based on other reviews and I have no idea how others went on trips with this without frustration. The filter is on the bottom of the bottle. Wouldn't it work better at the top near the exit? We decided to find another for our trip because this just won't do.
on October 9, 2011
* The plastic is so flimsy you can't even squeeze to create pressure
* Almost nothing comes out when you squeeze
* The neoprene band around the middle of the bottle is like a sponge-who wants a wet bottle in your pack getting everything around it wet?!
The filter might work well but the bottle itself is badly designed I never got to that point.

I'm returning it for a refund and looking for another water bottle with filter.
on June 21, 2009
We just returned from a missions trip to New Mexico. We did not know what the quality of the water would be in the area so I purchased a water bottle for myself and my husband. We were at 7200 feet and in very dry air. We were reminded daily to drink a lot of water. My husband clipped his bottle around his belt and I put mine around my wrist. I put a D ring on the band close to the bottle and sewed a seam to keep it there. It made a wonderful loop strap to hook on the belt or the wrist. The strap does come with a clip, but you have to have something to clip it to. That would be the only negative thing as not everyone will want to add their own D ring. I suggest the bottle should come with a ring to form a loop with the strap. The velcro band made it easy to detatch the bottle when we wanted to drink. I couldn't think of a handier way to have water available as needed. The water did not have any taste or after taste. Great Product!
on October 24, 2011
This item was purchased for my parents who were about to go on an international vacation. They received it and were so excited, because they were looking forward to getting something they thought could filter out bacteria that could make them sick. Sadly, nothing was filtered. Not a single drop of water was produced, no matter how hard the bottle was squeezed. Maybe it didn't work that way, so we tried to suck on it from the mouthpiece. Still nothing! We called the company and was told that it was a defective filter, and a new one would be sent. We were told it would get there when it gets there. It wasn't their problem that the departure date was around the corner. The replacement filter finally arrives but still the same result, not a single drop of water was filtered. We decided.this was useless, and returned it. How disappointing! We really had some high hopes for this product, and the letdown was even greater. I don't know how the other reviewer said it turns the brown water clear. We didn't get anything! Don't buy this product! Good idea but very poor product in reality. At least the company was willing to help, which was a plus for me.
on January 29, 2012
I researched many different filtering water bottles and decided on the EcoFlo because it claimed to have the best actual filter for taste, chemicals, and pathogens. I tried using this bottle multiple times with different tap water. Each time, the water tasted a bit strange. Also, it does take a bit of work to squeeze the bottle and suck water from the straw, which causes you to swallow a lot of air while you are drinking water which can lead to gas. I then tried using this just as a mini portable filter and squeezing the water into a cup to drink. However, I could still taste a difference in the water not being as clean. I compared filtered water with this bottle and with a PUR pitcher and the PUR filtered water tasted much smoother. I wish PUR would make a water bottle with a filter.