ECOVACS Deebot N78 Robot Vacuum Cleaner with Direct Suction, Sensor Navigation for Pet Hair, Fur, Allergens, Thin Carpet, Hardwood and Tile Floors
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Standard features include automatic charging and daily scheduling Bundles with a limited 1 year manufacturers warranty and extra accessory set
- Long lasting battery provides up to 110 minutes of cleaning time free up your time to enjoy your day
- Charging Issues Move the robots Bottom Power Switch to the ON position.Reactivate the battery Place DEEBOT on the Charging Dock by hand remove after charging for 3 minutes repeat 3 times then charge normally DEEBOT will try various ways to get itself out of trouble If it is unsuccessful manually Check Side Brushes for tangled hair or debris clean and restart If the Side Brushes still rotate slowly please contact Customer Service
- Smart infrared sensors equipped to avoid stairs and furniture This makes the robot work between different types of floor climbs inclines and crosses doorsills easily With high efficiency filtration system which reduces airborne contributors associated with allergies and asthma
- Tangle free powerful suction picks up hair debris and dirt easily and efficiently Perfect for households with pets
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
- Color: Black
- Suction Option: Direct Suction (Brushless Suction)
- Working Mode: Auto Spot Edge
- Spot clean time: 2-5mins
- Filter: High efficiency filter
- Side Brush: Dual
- Input Voltage & Frequency: 100-240V AC 50/60Hz
- Auto Charging: YES
- Time Scheduling : Daily Cycle Cleaning
- Noise Level (db.): Approx.56
- Charging Time（h）: Approx.4-5h
- Battery Capacity(mAH): NI-MH(3000)
- Dust Bin Capacity(mL): 500
- Max Working Time Per Charge（min）: 110min
DEEBOT N78 Features:
You and Your Pet’s New Best Friend
The N78 combines durable wide-reach sides brushes with a direct suction vacuum design and high-efficiency air filtration system that makes it extremely adept at cleaning allergy inducing pet hair and fur, without the possibility of blockage or debris build up. This means it’s cleaning ability is consistently thorough from beginning to end.
Keep your home clean for you & your pets.
Note: The N78 design is optimal for cleaning hard surface floors, like tile or hardwood floors. Although it can clean carpets, carpets (particularly thick carpets) and rugs can adversely effect the N78's performance. If your cleaning needs are primarily carpet or rug related we do not recommend the N78. For alternative models suitable for carpet cleaning, please see the ECOVACS M80 Pro.
Automated, Adaptable, Specialized Cleaning
Smart Motion guided auto-clean mode adapts to your home’s unique environment, plus 2 bonus cleaning modes for your unique cleaning needs:
Spot Mode focuses on a small area, perfect for high concentrations of dirt or dust.
Edge Mode tackles hard-to-clean corners & edges.
Adaptable, Safe, Hands-Off Cleaning
Accidental falls & collisions are a common problem with robotic vacuum cleaners. Equipped with comprehensive anti-drop & anti-collision sensors, & ECOVACS Smart Motion navigation technology, the N78 seamlessly adapts, safely navigates & thoroughly cleans your home.
Note: Please remember to prepare your floor prior to cleaning by removing cables or wires that might interdict N78 movement.
Quality Power for Hands-off Automated Cleaning
The N78 is built with a dependable, high quality lithium battery that provides up to 110 minutes of high quality cleaning. That, plus hands-off auto-charging and a daily scheduling function mean you never have to worry about your N78 running out of battery.
Note: Optimal performance achieved when used on hard surface floors. Carpets reduce maximum battery life to 50 minutes.
Advanced Technology, User-Friendly Controls
The N78 comes with an easy-to-use remote control that allows you to conveniently program, start, pause, and manage the direction of your N78. It even allows you to schedule an automated cleaning at a specific time, even when nobody's home.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||ECOVACS ROBOTICS||Amazon.com||Avalon Direct||ECOVACS ROBOTICS||Avalon Direct|
|Item Dimensions||13.9 x 13.9 x 3.27 in||13 x 13 x 3.1 in||11.8 x 11.8 x 3 in||11.8 x 11.8 x 3 in||12.2 x 12.2 x 2.24 in||12.2 x 12.2 x 3 in|
|Item Weight||9.7 lbs||6.7 lbs||4.5 lbs||4.9 lbs||6.6 lbs||4.9 lbs|
|Additional Features||tangle-free suction for pet hair||smartphone control||cordless||Mopping, Pet hair care||super thin, Bagless, Cordless||Mini Room, Remote Control, Self-charging|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For me the Pros are:
-the device cleans thoroughly, picking up all sorts of debris and dog hair.
-the three prong sweeping rotars along with the centered vaccume really do a great job to suck up all of the particles left on the floor
-the mop also does a pretty decent job although I don't this will compare to a traditional mop,
-the daily timer is convenient for people like me who need to be reminded to clean.
-I have a large one bedroom apartment with wood laminate floors and the device does a superb job to cover it all. very expansive.
The device is fantastic and for the most part does what the sellers offer. So to give you a good idea of what to expect I'm just going to highlight the cons so you know what to expect.
-when the device travels over an area that is too wet, the wheels will at times stall over the water and hydroplane due to a lack of friction to the ground.
-the device's programming is kind of stupid and sometimes makes multiple wrong turns when trying to navigate around an obstacle or go home to the base--although it usually makes it home eventually.
-the sensors do not pick up my dog's water bowl on the ground and whenever I have it out, it collides with the bowl and leaves a mess of water. the instructions say to make sure all small objects and wires on the floor be put away. I've made a habit of doing so, which I can't say is that bad.
-the device gets stuck on certain bumps and borders when the flooring changes. for example when the device goes over the boundary line between my room and bathroom it sometimes gets stuck over the border and struggles to get out for almost 10 minutes or more. At times the device was stuck for so long that it eventually ran out of battery and stayed over the border instead of returning to the base. this rarely happens though.
-the mop is actually an "optional" mop which can't be left on at all times. it needs to be added and removed every time it is used, the reservoir. reds to be filled with fluid before every use (I just use pine sol mixed with water and spray some lysol on the mop) and it cannot be left on the device when it returns to base or else it can cause water damage to the device or worse.
-the timer is set by pressing the program button at the exact time you wish it to clean every single day. it would be better if there was a clock on the device and the programming functioned more like an alarm clock.
-even though the device cleans automatically, the debris tray should really be emptied out after every use. Like I said, I have a dog that sheds a lot so the tray is usually filled with dog hair after my bot is finished cleaning.
For the price of this device I would have to say it's a worthy buy for anyone too lazy to clean their own place. I did a lot of shopping around before I chose this device and I don't think you'll find anything this great for the cost. You won't regret buying this thing one way or another!
Note: this is an impartial review--I bought this product at full amazon retail and received no compensation.
So every Christmas we get our house a “Christmas present” (FYI: advice to husbands – don’t give your wife a vacuum cleaner as a gift…or any “household appliance for that matter”). I never thought I would get a “robotic vacuum cleaner” as I previously considered this something that lazy people get, but at the same time we had 2 dogs and my wife complained about how much dog hair was on our floors (they stay in our family room with an electronic doggie door allowing them to go in/out as they please so they track in dirt as well).
As some of you know, last holiday season (2016) there were a lot of advertised sales for these things, but even the “sales price” was close to $300 (no way!). So I saw this Deebot on an Amazon “Lightning Deal” for well under $200 and jokingly texted my friend about this “cheap gift for lazy people”…she was so enthusiastic about it…she bought it right way…so got me to thinking as I saw the Lightning deal time ticking away and the % claimed quickly rising (why is it that when we see these things it makes us buy things we may otherwise not consider buying…great idea Amazon!)…so I took the bait!
So when this “Christmas Present” arrived at the door, I put it aside with the other gifts to wrap, but by the next day, my curiosity got the best of me, so I put it together, charged it up, and let it run. I think it runs (after fully charged”) for the better part of 2 hours…so although supposedly for “lazy people”, we definitely don’t sweep more than a fraction of that time. When it was done after the first run…I was clearly impressed…the waste bin was practically full of hair and dirt - see actual picture of what it picked up on day #1 (yuk, where was all this stuff)! The next day it ran, it picked up less, but seemed that every 2-3 days the bin fills up…wow, maybe we “needed” this thing after all?
So after the first week…a problem (uh oh)…all of a sudden it stopped working, not sure why. So I contacted customer service. They tried to help troubleshoot, but could not get it to work (oh no…a bad decision?)...but it did not take long until they agreed to ship out a replacement unit to me…only had to box up mine use the UPS label that they sent me (no cost to me) and once UPS accepted the unit, and ECOVACS had proof of UPS acceptance they promptly sent me new unit via UPS…great customer service!
So while the replacement was on it’s way, I was “robot vacuum-less”, so there was another well-named unit that I could get at a “Black Friday” price at a well-known big box store…and since I am a “Elite Plus” member (hint-hint) I could get an extended “trial” and compare my Deebot head-to-head with a better known unit. I compared the two units for about a month…Deebot was the clear winner:
1) I preferred the lower profile of Deebot, the “other” one could not get as close under the cabinets (and got “stuck” when it tried).
2) Deebot had 2 brushes compared to the 1 brush of the other unit.
3) Deebot was quieter than the other unit
4) The other unit kept getting stuck on our kitchen mats (you know the ones that are a little thick to prevent foot fatigue - see picture)…the other unit got stuck every single time…Deebot occasionally gets stuck if it hits the mats at the wrong angle…bit it does a better job trying to get out (see it going back & forth to free itself and usually succeeds…the other unit just gave up).
5) Replacement parts more readily available…and inexpensive (the Deebot already had came with a couple of extra brushes, but I bought the accessory kit with 4 more brushes & two more filters, mop, etc. for under $20 on Amazon, but after 6 months, original brushes, etc. are still fine so I guess I’m set for a couple of years).
6) Excellent customer service (see above experience)
7) Found “Home” more (to re-charge) than other unit
8) Most importantly, it simply picked up more dirt/hair.
- Since I got the other unit at a fantastic “Black Friday” price, I gave the other unit as a gift to our son.
Deebot (model N78) is not without its flaws, but before I list them, note that this unit is at a lower cost than units that may overcome these flaws (i.e. you get what you pay for)…so here are some of it’s “flaws”:
1) “Programming” could be better, as it’s mostly “Blind Trust” (other unit we got at the big-box store had digital programming to set time)
2) Cleaning pattern “seems” to be random
3) Rubbish Bin could be larger
4) Not the best “mop”
5) Very infrequently does not make it “home”
6) Remote is “simple”
Note that I did not put “getting tangled in wires” as a flaw…yes it may occasionally get tangled, but I think that’s common on all of these things…so if you are considering a robotic vacuum, accept the fact that you will need to keep wires out of the way or put something around them so Deebot can’t get to them.
1) Programming is probably my biggest complaint…supposedly it goes on the same time everyday if you “program” it that way…but I don’t know as no way “to see” when it is programmed to start cleaning. I wish it were more intuitive and at least see what time it is scheduled to start, and wish there would be a way to change the run times or have it run multiple times a day if I wanted it too…but I have to remember that this is a budget unit so for the price, maybe that programming convenience is too much to expect?
2) One of the things that may cause someone to have concern is that is seems to wander “aimlessly” throughout the house without a clear pattern that at I cannot figure out (compared to going up & down “row by row as I’ve seen on more costly units). However, for me, I care about results and when it’s done, Deebot does a very good job as the floor is clean and the rubbish bin is full every 2-3 days. I don’t know the algorithm that it is following to clean…I do see it hitting dirty areas multiple times but that may be my imagination rather than built-in intelligence of the unit. So although it may not be efficient in its movement, it does the job very well.
3) So related to #2 above, the good news / bad news is that I have to empty the bin every 2-3 days. So either the rubbish bin is too small or it picks up a heck of a lot (much more than we would get manually). The rubbish bin id 6” x 3.5” x 2”, I think the bin of the one from the big box store was a little bigger.
4) So although the “mop” does a “decent” job on light spot mopping, it would not replace “deep cleaning” for a manual “wet mop”; however, I don’t know of one of these vacuum’s that would do a good job.
5) On very infrequent occasions, it does not make it “home” to recharge. Not sure why, but so infrequent, it’s not a big deal.
6) The remote is very simple/basic (could have helped in the programming mentioned in #1 above). You can start/pause the unit [i.e. bypass “program”], return it to home, switch between the 3 cleaning modes, and do some simple “steering” of the unit…that’s it. I liked the digital display of the other unit we temporarily had from the big box store. Also would be nice to see “power level” on the remote or on the unit itself.
One thing I have not mentioned is performance on “carpet”…we have vinyl plank floors downstairs where Deebot currently wanders. Upstairs is all carpet. Since Deebot’s home is downstairs, we don’t regularly use it on carpet…but we have occasionally and it does do a good job, but I can’t give a comprehensive performance review since we don’t regularly use it upstairs (or even if it has than “anti-fall” protection that some units have)…so upstairs we clean the “old fashioned” way. Also the unit is "Pet Freindly"...our pets seemed not to care at all...they are not spooked at all with this.
BIGGEST QUESTION: Is this unit good value for the money? As many of you know Amazon’s prices can vary from time to time so the answer is that “it’s all relative”. I have seen this unit going for slightly over $200 to under $200….If you can get this Debot for under $200, this is an excellent buy (in 2017…I guess in 2-3 years technology may advance to push prices even lower).
All-in-all we are very happy that we took the chance and bought Deebot, never thought we would buy a “robotic vacuum” but for us the price was right and now I see the value of something like this to the extent that knowing what I know now, maybe I would have been willing to pay a little more for a unit that would overcome the minor deficiencies of this inexpensive, but great valued unit.