ECOXGEAR Rugged and Waterproof Stereo Boombox GDI-AQ2SI60
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Play and store your iPhone, Android phone, or any mp3 player inside the 100% waterproof (not just water resistant) stereo Boombox. Take it to the Beach, by the pool, boating or camping and enjoy your music with no worries.
- The Eco Terra is not only Waterproof and rugged but is convenient to carry and store as well. There is a built in retractable handle, carry strap as well as 2 carabineers to use in any of the 4 strapping points
- Jam to your music with your friends via the dual waterproof speakers or plug in any earbuds or headphones into the 100% waterproof headset jack and enjoy your music in privacy (The Eco Terra even floats!)
- The Eco Terra can be powered by the included AC power adapter or optional 8 AA batteries (not included) for play of over 25 hours. You can also use rechargeable batteries but it will not charge the batteries
- The center compartment has enough room for the largest Android phone (even with a case on it) as well as credit cards, cash, and spare key to store safe from water, dirt, snow or shock
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Toshiba TY-ASC20 Trolley Wireless Bluetooth Speaker: Rechargeable Water Resistant Indoor Outdoor Boombox
Phillips Bluetooth Boombox Speaker – Rugged, Portable, Wireless Radio, USB, AUX, and CD Music Player - 50 Watt, Dynamic Bass, Digital Display, Light Up Speaker - Model PX840T
Sony ZSRS60BT CD Boombox with Bluetooth and NFC (Black)
Pyle PBMSPG50 Street Vibe Bluetooth Portable Boom Box Speaker, Wireless NFC Pairing, USB Flash, Micro SD Readers and FM Radio
Sony ZSBTY50 Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Boombox Speaker System
|Price||Unavailable||$69.99||$149.49||Add to cart to see product details. Why?||$111.61||$149.95|
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$14.95|
|Sold By||—||Nationwide Group||PHOTOTECH||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||superior sales|
|Item Dimensions||14.5 x 5 x 7.75 in||17.7 x 12.2 x 7.9 in||8.78 x 20.59 x 8.27 in||13.81 x 6 x 9.31 in||20 x 7 x 6.5 in||11 x 17.32 x 8.2 in|
If you enjoy your music wherever you go then Grace Digital' s ECOXGEAR line of products is the choice for you. Looking for a boombox style music player then the Eco Terra (model # GDI-AQSI60) is your perfect portable solution. Strap in your iPhone, Android, Blackberry, any MP3 player or Smartphone behind the 100% waterproof clear shell and turn up the volume. The Eco Terra houses and protects any cell phone or MP3 player from the 4 Extremes: Water, Dirt, Snow and Shock. The Eco Terra is IPX7 waterproof tested and approved. What does that mean? It means the Eco Terra is not just water resistant but actually waterproof! So don' t worry if it gets knocked in the pool, falls off the boat, drops into the river, lake or ocean - your device is 100% safe from the harsh elements. It even floats! Uniquely designed air pressure release valves ensures your case is closed water tight yet easily opened at low and high altitudes. Even the external headset jack is waterproof. The Internal waterproof cavity houses your music layer/Smartphone as well as extras such as cash, credit cards, or extra car key. When using an iPhone or iPod Touch you can utilize the Eco Terra' s external buttons to play, pause, skip forward or back between songs in a play list or even change the volume of your music without opening up the Eco Terra' s waterproof compartment. For other audio devices with the flip of a switch, the Eco Terra will change the volume up/down (skip and pause not supported via the external buttons). Play the Eco Terra for up to 25 hours on 8AA batteries (not included) or plug into the wall outlet for unlimited play. The Eco Terra does not charge rechargeable batteries but works perfectly with them. For convenient transportation use the built in moveable handle, included adjustable carrying strap, or batten down the Eco terra via the 4 tie down points for active adventures. What' s in the box: Eco Terra Waterproof Boombox, Carrying strap, 2 carabineers, AC power supply.Standard battery - C type(Required Qty 4)
From the Manufacturer
If you want to take your music with you wherever you go, then Grace Digital's Eco Extreme Gear line of products is the choice for you. Strap in your iPhone, Android, Samsung Galaxy 2S/3S, any MP3 player or smartphone behind the 100% waterproof clear shell and turn up the volume. The ECOTERRA houses and protects any cell phone or MP3 player from the extremes of water, dirt, snow, and shock.
The ECOTERRA Boom Box is a floating IPX7 waterproof iPhone/MP3 player case which is fully submersible in water. The ECOTERRA is built with two large waterproof stereo speakers, and powered by 8 AA-cell batteries or the included AC power adapter. The two full-range 3" forward firing speakers provide a crisp, clean sound and can be played in virtually any position (open, closed, upright, onside, or upside down). The internal waterproof storage compartment has dimensions of 4-3/8" by 5-5/8" and holds and protects your keys, MP3 player, credit cards, driver's license and cash, keeping them safe from sand, sun and the water. The heavy duty industrial design includes a platform to vertically stand your case while open or closed.
Internal compartment dimensions: 4-3/8" x 5-5/8"
The ECOTERRA also has a uniquely designed exterior pressure release valve that ensures your case is closed air tight and is easily opened at low and high altitudes. When thrown into the water, the ECOTERRA case will always rotate position to float with the speakers pointed up so you can always enjoy your tunes.
Universal 1/8" Audio-in Jack and Waterproof (IPX7) Headset Audio Jack
Not only does the ECOTERRA protect your devices with its rugged and waterproof exterior and connect to any phone easily via the built in internal 1/8 standard jack, but it also has a fully waterproofed (IPX7) headset jack on the outside of the unit for private listening, making it the perfect pairing with waterproof (IPX7) earbuds (sold separately) or connect your favorite earbuds.
Rugged Industrial Design
The ECOTERRA's IPX7 certification means that the ECOTERRA is not just water-resistant but is actually waterproof. So don't worry if it gets knocked in the pool, falls off the boat, drops into the river, lake, or ocean - your iPhone, MP3 player or smartphone is 100% safe from the extremes. It even floats. The uniquely designed air pressure release valves ensure your case is closed watertight, yet is easily opened at low and high altitudes.
You have complete flexibility to secure the ECOTERRA anywhere. The ECOTERRA comes with multiple carabineer clips, which is perfect for attaching to your kayak, paddle board, tent, or even suspending from a tree with rope.
What's in the Box?
ECOTERRA Waterproof Boom Box, carrying strap, 2 carabineers, AC power adapter, user manual and warranty guide.
|Waterproof, rugged, & mountable Bluetooth speaker & speakerphone||Waterproof & rugged Bluetooth speaker & speakerphone||Waterproof floating boom box||Play music while keeping your audio device safe & dry||Listen to your music with a group or privately||Keep your smartphone dry and your music personal||Waterproof earbuds|
|100% Waterproof (IPX7)|
(up to 2 lbs cargo)
(up to 1/2 lb cargo)
(up to 1/2 lb cargo)
(up to 1/2 lb cargo)
|Waterproof Headset Jack (IPX7)|
|Compatible with Smartphones and MP3 Devices|
|Compatible with Tablets|| |
(via Bluetooth or AUX-in)
(via AUX-in rear of unit)
|Connects with Bluetooth|
|Power Option||Built-in Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery or USB-to-AC Power||Built-in Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery or AC Power||Batteries or AC Power |
(4C batteries not included)
(3AA batteries not included)
(3AA batteries not included)
|Battery Life||10+ hours||10+ hours||20+ hours||30+ hours||30+ hours|
|Speaker Type||Stereo||Stereo||Stereo||Mono||Mono||ECOXBUD earbuds included||Stereo Waterproof Speaker Earbuds|
|Audio Connection Type||Bluetooth or AUX-in||Bluetooth or AUX-in||3.5mm mini-jack or AUX-in||3.5mm mini-jack||3.5mm mini-jack||3.5mm mini-jack||3.5mm mini-jack|
|Controlled Functions||Volume +/-, BT Pairing, Play/Pause/Skip, Speakerphone Answer||Volume +/-, BT Pairing, Speakerphone Answer||Volume +/- all devices||Volume||Volume||Volume|
|Mounting Options||Standard camera screw mount|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It really is lightweight, durable and waterproof
Controls are smart and functional
It runs on "C" batteries as opposed to being rechargeable - if you're camping you can bring extra batteries
The problem withis unit is that it just doesn't have enough clean volume for a lot of outdoor environments. I used it on a fairly noisy beach (waves crashing, kids playing, other music, etc.) and I had it at about 90% volume (any more and the distortion is noticeable). I needed to have it about 3-4 feet away to clearly hear the music.
Also the Ipod geta a little hot when used in the sun.
A great device unless you need some volume. That's why I gave it 3 stars. If I was the manufacturer I would design an alternate model with about 150% of the size and sound volume that runs on "D" batteries.
Overall I am very satisfied with this purchase and would recommend to anyone who loves to be outdoors and enjoy their music! Trust me, you won't regret this purchase.
* The sound is not so great. Not loud enough, not enough bass, etc. For its weight/price though I guess it's as good as one can expect.
* It does not charge your iPod. It plays sound from your music device's earphone jack which is nice if you have a weird adapter to the device (like the new iPhone 5s), but that's why it's not charging the device. It has a switch for iPhone type jacks or Samsung type jacks, I have no idea why that's necessary but it will probably help someone.
Those are my deal-breakers, but there are a few other things I wish were different. For example:
* In the effort to make this device water-resistant, they have this screw-down cover over the hole for the electric plug, so when you have it plugged in this big cap just kind of sits there poking out. I had planned to always use this just plugged in except for visiting other people, so this big plug is a pain.
* The wire that goes into your music device needs to bend over on itself which bugs me and makes me nervous that it's going to wear out from being bent a lot.
* Because it gets info from your music device through the headphone jack, it can't perform a lot of selection action with the device, and says only iPods will be likely to act with the limited functions available. (Still better than nothing.)
* The instructions kind of suck. For example there are these teeny weeny pads with a little stick on a string that came in a plastic bag, but I have absolutely no idea what they're for. Then the rest of the instructions I found myself reading several times to grasp. I'll copy some here.
"NOTE: Audio Cable 3.5mm Plug left & right channel inputs are connected in parallel with the channels for the AUX-in jack on the back of the unit. Thus, if connected and played at the same time, audio from a device connected to the internal 3.5mm Audio Plug will be heard at the same time as audio from an external audio device connected to AUX-IN (located on the pack panel of the ECO TERRA & protected by a screw on cap)" [all punctuation, caps, typos SIC] All this in teeny type. I think this means you can use it to do karaoke? Or maybe it's a warning.
Again in the very small type:
"NOTE: Audio to the earphones is not driven by the audio power amplifier of the ECO TERRA. Instead the jack is designed so that the earphones connected to the jack are driven directly by the audio device connected to the internal audio cable plug or the device connected to the Earphones & earphones/microphone features are not universally supported as interoperability may vary by model."
I think the problem there is part of a sentence is missing, but I'm not sure what the first warning is saying. Maybe it means that earphone output will be low?