Other Sellers on Amazon
ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling) - The Best Of The Dudley Boyz
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Buh Buh Ray and D-Von Dudley, eight time ECW World Tag Team champions. The Masters of the Tables. There is no questions that The Dudley Boyz rank among the greatest and most hardcore tag teams to ever compete in the sport of professional wrestling. While wrestling fans around the world now sing their praises, it was right here in Extreme Championship Wrestling that the Dudley Boyz were forged, in blood, in violence, and in hard work. As the Dudley Boyz rose to prominence in Extreme Championship Wrestling, they became the most hated duo in the history of ECW. The Dudley Boyz backed down from no one, they feared no one, wrestler or not, fan or not, Official or not. If you got in their way, you felt the wrath of The Dudley Death Drop, also known as 3-D firsthand. Many did, and were never the same. Get brutal AGAIN with The Dudley Boyz in this insightful look into the evolution of the most feared Tag-team in wrestling history.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
Here's a rundown of the DVD's contents.
Your Host is Joey Styles.
1. Introductory video of the Dudley Boyz in action.
2. Clips of tons of people taking the 3D (Beulah, the Public Enemy, the Eliminators, the Gangstas, Spike Dudley) and Balls Mahoney getting put through a flaming table.
3. D'von cutting a pre-match promo where he blasts out Philly. Match 1: D'von and Axl Rotten vs. Buh Buh Ray and Big Dick Dudley. Pretty insane match spanning the arena. Tons of tables. 3 stars
4. Highlights of the night D'von and Buh Buh put aside their differences and finally joined forces thus signaling the beginning of their reign of terror. Beat down on Spike, Sandman and the Gangstas.
5. A championship montage. Highlights of 7 out of 8 of their championship crowning moments showing the Eliminators, Gangstas, Vam Dam and Sabu, Tanaka and Mahoney and Balls and Spike falling victim to 3D.
6. Another Dudley promo issuing an open challenge, including Joel Gertner's hilarious trademarked intro. Match 2: New Jack and Spike (with loud Dr. Dre/Ice Cube music) vs. D'von and Buh Buh (w/ Big Dick, Sign Guy and Gertner). Another crazy hardcore match with tons of painful weapons. The post-match beat down of New Jack, including a reciting of the Dudley commandments, is especially brutal. 4 stars
7. MY PERSONAL HIGHLIGHT OF THE VIDEO. Clips from the Madhouse of Extreme. Here we get about 10 minutes worth of the Dudleys trading verbal assaults with the NYC fans. It's the most brutal and surreal scene you'll ever see as the crowd and the Dudleys just rip into one another. ECW at it's best.
8. Match 3: Buh Buh, D'von and Big Dick (w/ Gertner and Sign Guy) vs. Tommy Dreamer, Sandman and Spike Dudley (w/ Beulah). So-so match, few nice spots but tons of non-action. The crowd's reaction to the Dudley's (particularly Buh Buh) makes it worthwhile. Funny part toward the end where Gertner fights Beulah. 2 ¾ stars.
9. Dudley's cut their last promo in ECW before their farewell match before leaving for the WWF.
10. Match 4: Dudley's Last Match in ECW - Balls and Spike vs. Buh Buh and D'von. Overall, an insane match which sees the trademarked cheese grater, thumbtacks and flaming table. 4 stars.
11. Post-match: The Dudley's cut a promo on Tommy Dreamers and Paul E. which leads to...
12. Match 5: Tommy Dreamer vs. the Dudley Boyz with the surprise return of Raven
13. The big, tearful, heartfelt "Dudley Farewell" ceremony post-post-match where the locker room clears out to join the audience in sending off the Dudleyz.
14. Match 6: The little scene "Dudleys homecoming return" match from December 2000 where they teamed with Tommy Dreamer to take on Simon Diamond, Johnny Swinger and C.W. Anderson. Funny stuff in here where Styles talks during the commentary about how they'll have to edit some of the more "non-TV friendly" match antics. Machetes, cheese graters, plus, Gertner molests Dawn Marie. 3 stars.
In addition, the DVD contains the following "Special Features."
1. D'von's ECW debut where he comes in during a Dudley pre-match promo to set Buh Buh, Sign Guy and Big Dick straight including a beat down of JT Smith and Little Guido.
2. THE FINAL ECW promo of Buh Buh and D'von given after their "Dudley's homecoming return" match in December 2000. Lotta heart in this one.
3. Bonus Match: Dudleys vs. Masato Tanaka and Balls Mahoney. Great extra match. Lots of chairs. 4 stars.
Overall, this is a good collection of the work of BUH BUH RAY and D'VON. You get some pretty decent matches, but it's actually all the promos that make this entertaining and makes it work for me. The collection does a good job of chronicling (basically only) Buh Buh and D'von's tenure in ECW.
I personally would have loved to have seen the ENTIRE Dudley family chronicled from when Dudley Dudley and Big Dick first broke in on the scene.
Overall, if you're a fan of the Dudley's from ECW, this is a pretty good collection. If you only know them from their WWF work, I recommend giving this a watch and seeing what more they are capable of.
Summed up, whether you rent, borrow or buy this is...
Highly Recommended (for Dudley fans)
Mildly Recommended (wrestling fans in general)
This is the one of two "profile" sets put out by the original ECW with one being Cactus Jack & this one starring Bubba & D-Von, the Dudley Boyz. Now unlike how the Cactus Jack DVD was where it was a timeline chronicle of his entire ECW career, this was mostly just highlights & various matches. Various highlights shown throughout the presentation were how Bubba & D-Von finally came together after feuding for months, each of their first 7 ECW World Tag Team title victories, and their return to ECW (while under WWE contract) for one more night to team with Tommy Dreamer in a six man tag against Simon Diamond & Swinger & C.W. Anderson.
Complete Matches Include:
Bubba Ray & Big D. vs. D-Von & Axl Rotten - This started off as a four way brawl with Bubba & D-Von giving each other chairshots across the back on the outside with Bubba also executing a running splash through a table while Axl attempted a chairshot on Big D. to no effect as the fight went through the crowd using whatever they could get their hands on from chairs to a crutch with Bubba taking daring risk taking himself through tables & diving off the stage speakers. This was just an absolute brawl from start to finish that had the most low blows I've probably ever seen in one match to the point where Joey Styles had the quote of the match, "We have more black & blue balls than a Billiards tournament."
vs. New Jack & Spike Dudley - The Dudleys issued an open challenge that was answered by Jack & Spike (who was dressed like New Jack for the occasion) in what was a non-stop fight with brawling in & out of the ring with Bubba tossing Spike out of the ring into the front row twice while hitting each other with whatever was in the trash can full of weapons to the point where we had a chairs vs. guitars showdown & the Dudleys accidentally attacking each other on more than one occasion. You got exactly what you expected in a non-stop weaponsfest brawl.
Guilty As Charged '99
w/Big D. vs. Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, Spike Dudley - This held at what was considered "Dudleyville" by the ECW fans in the "Madhouse Of Extreme" in Queens, NY due to just how much more heat the Dudleys got in this building more than anyone else...as shown by what happened before the match to the point where a fan jumped from the top balcony to get at the Dudleys while another fan threw a chair in the ring. This started off pretty tame but started to pick up with Bubba constantly shoving Spike off of him & hitting an impactful fallout powerbomb while Spike was hitting & moving including nailing a frankensteiner out of the corner before this erupted into a big brawl with everyone on the outside involving chairs & the associates at ringside getting involved in the action as well resulting in a fun six man tag match.
Street Fight Match vs. ECW Tag Team Champions Balls Mahoney & Spike Dudley - This was Bubba & D-Von's final night as members of the ECW roster & wanted to go out on top challenging the champions for the titles that saw the match get out of control right away with Balls tossing Spike onto the Dudleys on the outside while weapons like cheese grader & chairs caused blood to flow while the Dudleys attempted to bully the referee to no avail that left an opening for Balls & Spike to hit both the acid drop & nutcracker sweep along with chairshots from Balls only for Bubba & Devon to put both men through a table either on the outside of the ring or filled with thumbtacks in the ring in what overall was an entertaining brawl.
"ECW On TNN" Aug. '99
ECW Tag Team Championship Match vs. Tommy Dreamer - Bubba & D-Von came back out threatening to leave ECW with the belts & destroy the company by eliminating Tommy Dreamer taunting him into a match alone despite having an injured back & was able to get some offense in with the help of a ladder only for the odds to catch up as they beat on Dreamer's back non-stop using the ladder along with moves like a belly to back suplex along with whipping him with the title belt to the point where other officials & wrestlers including Sign Guy Dudley asking them to stop before the last person you would ever expect from Dreamer's past came to save him. The match itself wasn't much past the unexpected ending but this was more about what happened after the match that was never seen on television where Bubba & D-Von gave an emotional farewell speech.
"ECW On TNN" Aug. '99
(Bonus Match) vs. Balls Mahoney & Masato Tanaka - Both teams exchanged momentum early with Tanaka & Balls getting the advantage with moves like a powerslam followed by a frog splash & back to back over the top rope dives onto the Dudleys on the outside only to be topped with Bubba himself doing a dive onto everyone as this brawl went into the crowd with weapons were used from a cheese grader to a jug of milk (you read that right) with all the associates at ringside also getting involved throughout the match as chairs played a very important part towards the end from a dueling chairs battle to various chairshots followed by big moves being executed on top of them as this was just a non-stop brawling fight from start to finish.
Other DVD extras include D-Von's debut (including the "My name is Buh-Buh-Buh-Buh-Buh" intro by Bubba Dudley) and the post show speech from their "one night only" return to ECW.
If you want to see or loved The Dudley Boyz at their most "EXTREME" as far as violence in the ring & verbally on the microphone then this needs to be in your collection.
Most recent customer reviews
This is the one of two "profile" sets put out by the original ECW with one being Cactus Jack & this one starring Bubba & D-Von, the...Read more