ECW: One Night Stand (2006)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Last year's ECW PPV was more of a homecoming tribute, and turned out to be an excellent event. This time, ECW is brought back with an another solid presentation, and plenty of "F-You"s for those who don't believe in it. The WWE Superstars battle the ECW Hardcore Wrestlers - Read on:
1) Tazz vs. Jerry Lawler
---This grudge match was conveniently short...about 30 seconds, I think. I'm not incredibly upset about this one, because I can't say it's a bad match. I can't really say it's a "match" at all. Enough said.
2) Randy Orton vs. Kurt Angle
---Angle is the perfect catalyst to launch ECW's division of technical wrestlers. And Randy Orton, in my opinion, is one hell of a superstar. Unfortunately, this one starts off a little slow and doesn't really pick up until the end. I think it's because Orton has ring rust, and the Hammerstein Ballroom crowd clearly thinks so. This isn't a bad match, but if Kurt Angle wants to give ECW a new face, he's gonna require more suitable competition.
"6.0 out of 10"
3) Little Guido & Tony Mamaluke vs. Super Crazy & Tajiri
---Now this is an ECW match that gives fans warm nostalgia, and will educate the newcomers. This type of high-flying, hard-hitting contest is what gave ECW its reputation. It's a good clean fight with some wicked spots that WWE rarely shows. A very good Tag Team match!
"7.5 out of 10"
4) World Heavyweight Championship
Sabu vs. Rey Mysterio (champion)
---I had my doubts about this one because Sabu's body has been beaten beyond description, plus I'm sure he has the all-time record for botches. Boy, was I wrong! This match is excellent! You want fast-paced action...check. You want tables broken...check.Read more ›
The previous year about about a reunion, this year was about establishing the third WWE brand. You saw elements & some talents from the original ECW mixed in with new elements in what was titled "A New Breed Unleashed" as there were some established WWE superstars who were aligned with ECW as well. All the matches were held under "Extreme Rules" (the new name given to a no rules hardcore match) with Paul Heyman opening the show & Joey Styles doing the commentary to later be joined by Tazz while special appearances from ECW's Sandman, RAW's Eugene & SmackDown's J.B.L. were made throughout the night. Also as a bonus along with this event is WWE's release of the original ECW's first PPV event in Barely Legal. Now there are some differences between this & the Pioneer Home Video version in that all the backstage interviews are on here, Shane Douglas' speech is unedited, all non-WWE owned ECW music is removed (no "Enter Sandman"), and some of Joey Styles' commentary is redone.
Tazz vs. Jerry Lawler - Nothing much here past it being Tazz's last official match & Jerry "Extremely Crappy Wrestling" Lawler paying for his constant taunting of Joey Styles.
Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton - Orton kept going to the outside whenever Angle started to have an the advantage as he was dominate with takedowns & taunts like slapping him across the head while he had him down to the point where Angle even offered his head for Orton to headlock before Orton was finally able to get some momentum due to a mistiming by Kurt leading to a series of countering holds between the two along with exchanging uppercuts.Read more ›
1. Tazz vs. Jerry Lawer- This was a wierd choice to kick off the show. Was not a wrestling match i think it was just to get the crowd off to a hot start with tazz chocking out lawer. Neither can wrestle ant more because of injuries and age. It is hard to rate becuase it was for entertainment but i cant pass it. Winner tazz. Match Rating 3/10.
2. Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton- This was a decent match and told a good story as well. Angle moved to ecw was a big surprise but it could help out the compeny in years to come. Reminded me of eddie vs. beniot last year except a little longer. Most of the begining was slow but than picked up the last 6 minutes and put on a good match for everyone to watch and the crowd was all over orton. Winner Kurt Angle. Match rating 7.5/10.
3. Fbi vs. Tajiri and super crazy- This was also a nice surprise on the card. SOme might not agree nut i think this was a litlle better than last years triple threat. Great to see the fbi back together and tajiri as well. SOlid cruiserwieght action hear really non stop and given a good 12 minutes of soild action. A surprising ending and a good one were they let the fbi get the win sience nunzio has not got a win in like a year. Winners Fbi. Match Rating 8/10.
4. Rey Mysterio vs. Sabu in an extreme rules match for the WHT- This was way abouve my expectaions that i had for this match. Just an awsome match by both men. Sabu is in great condidtion and we saw it here and rey was his old ecw way and put on alot better of a match than he did last year. Some awsome table spots were sabu jumps off a rope and hits a running ddt through the table which has to be seen.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
if yor a huge ecw fan then you wont be disappointed . hurry out of print .Published 18 days ago by horror movie man
Amazing ppv although my dvd came in scratched but played very well which surprised me.Published 7 months ago by Jon2x
An amazing DVD that came faster than expected. It also came with Barely Legal as a bonus disc.Published 11 months ago by Oni
came early it was in good condtion and i just loved the other dvd inside of it he might of put wrong one in but i kinda enjoyed watching the other discPublished on July 18, 2013 by ryan
The most important thing was he liked. Otherwise I would've never purchased a product like this. But otherwise it was delivered in a timely manner and was undamaged. Read morePublished on June 11, 2013 by Andrea
I enjoy watching the old ECW wrestlers fight again and see what type of matches they fight in. this is a good one to get if you are a fan of wwe or ecw.Published on June 6, 2013 by Kurt Mstoecklhuber
If youre looking for a an old school ecw show you may want to look elsewhere. The production quality being so much higher is even a bit strange to watch and one of the matches is... Read morePublished on January 16, 2013 by jason
The dvd was in good condition. My son is trying to have a collection of his own like all the kids he sees on You tube.Published on January 2, 2013 by Keri McGlaughlin
I first started watching wrestling at the beginning of 2006 where I was a huge WWE fan but when I first watched this live on Pay-Per-View it made me become a HUGE ECW fan and... Read morePublished on May 25, 2012 by Ian Crump