- File Size: 4433 KB
- Print Length: 96 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: ML Knives... Matt Lesniewski (January 12, 2014)
- Publication Date: January 12, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00GRJ2GYQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #940,120 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
EDGE and CARE for your high carbon knives Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
The information on sharpening is lacking. It can be summed up in a few sentences: Unless your blade is really damaged you can start with a medium 1000 grit stone. Run your blade across the stone five or six times on one side, then do the same on the other. Move up to a finer, 4000 or 6000 grit, run your blade once on each side alternating back and forth until the blade is sharp. Then use a leather strap to take the bur off. That's it. No explanation on how to make sure you are at the proper angle. The information on sharpening is also limited to discussion of 1095 high carbon steel. The author mentions that some other steels can be hard to sharpen but offers no information on how to put an edge on anything but 1095 steel.
There is a nice demonstration of how a good patina will protect your blade from corrosion. But there is no instruction on how to put a patina on your blade. There is also information on different types of knives that includes a fairly comprehensive list of nomenclature. But it is information that you can likely easily find online for free.
I gave three stars because at least it wasn't expensive and a total rip off. If the book had been proof read and better organized I would give it four stars.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Antiques & Collectibles > Firearms & Weapons > Swords & Knives
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Metal Work
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Weaponsmithing
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Crafts, Hobbies & Home
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Antiques & Collectibles > Firearms & Weapons
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Metal Work