- Product Dimensions: 24 x 48 x 72 inches ; 224.9 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 92 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Amazon only ships this item within the contiguous 48 United States. Other Sellers on Amazon may ship this item to Alaska, Hawaii and US Territories.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- ASIN: B006567JL6
- Item model number: UR245P-BLK
- Average Customer Review: 110 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #18,626 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Edsal UR245L-BLK Maxi-Rack 5-Shelf Unit, 48" Width x 72" Height x 24" Depth
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Standing five-shelf unit with a steel rack and shelves made of particle board
- Riveted beams and riveted braces lock into corner post rivet holes for structural security
- Corner post rivet holes are punched at 1-1/2" intervals for precise installation of shelves at desired height
- Steel frame with black powder coat finish to resist chipping and corrosion
- Rivet lock design for boltless assembly, instructions included, rubber mallet recommended for assembly (sold separately)
|UPC||759455246883 , 726088075678 , 035441085347 , 782560426086 , 634154057650|
|EAN||0782560426086 , 0634154057650 , 0759455246883 , 0035441085347 , 0726088075678 , 7103485425351|
|Item Depth||24 inches|
|Item Weight||224.872 pounds|
|Material||Heavy duty steel , Z beam construction|
|Maximum Height||72 inches|
|Number of Items||1|
|Warranty Description||1 year Limited Warranty|
Specification for this product family
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
The Edsal UR245L-BLK Maxi-Rack is a standing five-shelf unit with a steel rack and shelves made of particle board. This unit has riveted beams and riveted braces that lock into corner post rivet holes for structural security. The corner post rivet holes are punched at 1-1/2" intervals for precise installation of shelves at desired height. The steel rack has a black powder-coated finish to resist chipping and corrosion.
The assembled unit is 72 x 48 x 24 inches (H x W x D). (H is height, the vertical distance from lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.) This shelf unit has a rivet lock design for boltless assembly. Assembly instructions are included. A rubber mallet (sold separately) is recommended for assembly.
Standing shelf units are commonly used to store items to help create organized, efficient, and safer work areas. These systems typically consist of a frame or rack with open shelves. Added components such as casters, wheels, or handles are used for applications that require mobility. Standing shelf units are used in a variety of office, industrial, educational, and residential settings.
Edsal Manufacturing Company manufactures storage systems and industrial furniture. The company, founded in 1952, is headquartered in Chicago, IL.
Color: Black | Style: 2016
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
* It holds a lot of stuff
* Two shelves are adjustable
* It is a bit tricky to put together. It took two people.
* The shelf material is a cheap particle board.The corners start to crumble right out of the box. However, once it is in place, it is very sturdy.
* For this particular shelf the metal sides are slightly higher than the particle board. It is not a huge inconvenience, however our last shelf the boards were higher and I liked that much better. (See pictures.)
I paid full price for this item. I am giving my honest and unbiased review.
Also, I don't trust the top section. The corner up-rights are in 2 pieces. They are connected by putting the middle shelf supports half in the top hole of the bottom up-right and half in the bottom hole of the top upright. I thought they would be bolted together. I don't have any confidence that these will hold up under weight. Especially since the instructions tell you not to put heavy items on top. Why? Are they saying it really can't hold 800lbs per shelf?
Warning: the sizing of bolts and rivets seems to be 1mm-2mm off from other brands. This prevents Edsal parts from fitting reliably with non-Edsal parts of the same size and configuration. Perhaps this was intentional to prevent brand mixing. But it means you can only use Edsal with Edsal.
Warning: the 72" struts are actually two 36" struts. The center rack is a double rivet that binds the struts together. I am actually not a fan of this at all. (Hence why I tried mix & match with non-Edsal parts and had a very hard time.)
If you want to store any appreciable amount of weight (I'm talking cases of water) on this shelving unit then you need to replace the 3/8 inch boards that come with it. I spent $90 at Lowe's for five pre-cut 1/2x24x48 inch birch plywood sheets and they fit this unit perfectly. Now the unit is a lot stronger and sturdier.
The actual metal racking isn't especially thick however it is made of steel so it feels pretty sturdy. I would not consider this a heavy duty rack. The metal wire rack I have standing next to this unit is a lot stronger and can hold a lot more weight. The reason I went with this unit is because I wanted flat shelving.
I would probably purchase this again but it would've been nice to know that the shelves would have to be replaced immediately.