Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on February 20, 2009
Do not hesitate to get this book. Do it now. I have achieved astonishing results with numerous grievous PTSD cases, some from seriously life-threatening traumas, including my own. I will supplement this review with substantive detail, when I have a chance. You will not regret this purchase. One word of advice: this work represents a new paradigm. Learn the practice AS CLOSELY AS POSSIBLE TO HOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE PERMITTED. There are important theoretical reasons to be fairly precise in following this advice. I misused (harmlessly but with only moderate success) EFT for 7 years before become an accomplished practitioner after a few weeks of diligent study.
1111 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 20, 2009
I am a counselor who works with veterans with PTSD, using EFT primarily. This book is an outstanding reference for anyone working with these issues. It includes many different approaches and ideas. It has expanded my ability to help my clients and has given me fresh new insights. It's small enough to carry easily, and very well organized and written. No technical jargon, very clear. Highly recommended.
0Comment| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 30, 2010
I'm an experienced EFT practitioner and bought this book because I wanted to start volunteering to help veterans (through [...] - free help for vets). I thought it might help me feel more confident with this very intense issue. The book far exceeded my expectations! While it serves as an excellent stand alone how-to introduction for doing basic EFT, it goes on to provide very specific strategies and suggestions for helping even the most traumatized person--not just vets, also victims of natural disasters and violent crime, EMTs and others.
One of strengths of this book is that Gary Craig includes the writings of other EFT therapists, who share their experience, perspectives and approaches. It also includes many real life examples, including some taken from a seven day study with vets, which made the book very interesting and readable. I learned a tremendous amount from this little book and feel much more confident now, with helping vets in particular.
I'd recommend this book to anyone suffering from PTSD, even if they don't want to work on their own. They are likely to find the book very encouraging, and it will greatly reduce any resistance to getting help from this new and seemingly "weird" technique. I'd also highly recommend this book to conventional therapists.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 8, 2011
I really do love this book. The various EFT practitioners offer a wealth of insight of various ways to work with anybody who has PTSD.

I've given this book away quite a few times to the troops and veterans whom I've had the distinct pleasure of meeting.

I originally started off studying the EFT dvd library which is sadly now out of print though now there are some good clips to be found online to see EFT in action so after reading the description given of the 'basic recipe' then you can watch the clips online for a better understanding of how it looks.

While I have used EFT primarily with Veterans and Active Duty, the application of it can be applied to any trauma you or somebody you know who's had a trauma of some nature.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 5, 2009
Gary Craig's work with veterans is now in book form for all of us to read and learn from. PTSD affects war veterans and many others who have survived terrible experiences in their lives that are still causing them to live lives of quiet desperation filled with fears, addictions and broken relationships. As a licensed MFT I have helped numerous people to reclaim their lives using EFT to heal traumatic memories. This book offers information and hope. Buy it for yourself and give it as gifts to those you know who are still suffering.

Gloria Arenson, MFT, DCEP, author of EFT for Procrastination, Five Simple Steps to Emotional Healing, Desserts Is Stressed Spelled Backwards
on January 20, 2014
I've only been using the Emotional Freedom Technique, or "tapping" for a few months, but I,m having amazing, positive results. I highly recommend this book to anyone working through emotional issues, trauma or limiting beliefs. If you have PTSD, the author recommends reading the whole book before self-treating. I agree with him. If you can't afford the book, GET it from library or look for "The Basic Recipe" at [...].
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 6, 2013
I use Bach Flower Essences to treat PTSD. Now, I can use the Bach along with EFT and it has just been a MIRACLE!! People who have been suffering for 30+ years, now finally are getting relief. I LOVE Gary Craig and I stay with people who are directly associated with him to get the best results.
on July 23, 2013
As a healing practitioner myself, I have trained in EFT and used it with clients for a number of years now. It's a deceivingly simple technique which can be very effective. I've also come to realize it's an untapped source for use in a myriad of ways. In my opinion, this work is ripe for expanding it's usefulness into many other areas and mental health is definitely one.
on August 20, 2013
This was an excellent book for understanding and treating Tramatic Experiences. Understanding and helping individuals who have suffered major trama in their lives as a result of war, abuse (sexual, mental, or emotional) this is truely a valuable technique. I can not emphases just how valuable this EFT Technique extremely postive!!!!!
on February 16, 2014
This book will be helpful in in helping me to help my clients.I am newly certified in EFT and would like to some day be able to work with veterans and be able to relieve their emotional pain. I would like to be able to work with children also,so that I can help them early on so that they can live a normal and happy life.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse