Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: EFUN Windows 8 Touch Pen (TOUCH8)
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on May 24, 2013
Having upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to 8 on October 28, 2012, I enjoyed the new features and layout of Windows 8 but thought I needed to add touch capability to enjoy it even more. I was set on purchasing the Targus Touch Pen ever since I watched that product unveiled in a video online, but then found this Touch Pen, from EFUN, to be less expensive ($20 less) and more widely-available (as of this writing, the Targus one hasn't been released widely). Since the product is so new, there weren't any reviews of it here on Amazon or anywhere, except for a few videos on YouTube.

Anyway, I took the plunge and purchased the product and I'm here to report that it WORKS! Installation was easy and quick, the product looks like it should last a while, and it works great on Windows 8 Start page and on the Touch-designed games and apps. My computer is the 17-inch Dell Inspiron and it's almost unbelievable that touch capabilities could be added so easily. However, where the product fails to work great is in the desktop mode of applications. I have noticed a lag and a general lack of responsiveness when, for example, scrolling up/down web pages on Chrome or doing so in a Word document. At first, I thought my computer was running something in the background and had become slow, but as soon as I switched back to the touch-designed apps/games and to the Windows 8 START screen, the pen came back to being responsive and functional.

Battery life is stated to be about 500 hours (it uses two SR41 batteries), and the pen comes with a 90-day warranty. This pen works on monitors of 17-inch and smaller, but a newer version that will work with bigger screens is expected to be released soon.

In conclusion, if you'd like to easily and cheaply add touch capability to your computer, then I highly recommend this pen. It makes playing games easier and navigation on the START page becomes more intuitive. However, the pen doesn't work too well on the desktop mode of apps/browsers and it's an added cost that's not really needed in order to use Windows 8 (a mouse/keyboard setup would be fine if you just browse the web).
on October 24, 2013
I usually don't review products but after seeing it having an average rating of 2 stars I felt I needed to make a review. This works 100% as advertised. People having problems with it clicking in different spots on the screen, haven't calibrated it like it says to do in the instructions. Make sure you calibrate it in the windows 8 settings (go to start menu, type "calibrate", click on "Calibrate the screen for pen of touch input", and then on that window click calibrate and then pen. I'm giving it four stars only because it isn't perfect, but it's certainly the best alternative as opposed to buying a touch screen monitor / laptop. The pen, from what I've read, only works on up to 15.6" monitors (which is perfect because that's exactly my laptop's size). Before buying this you should check to see if it's compatible with your screen size and also check to see if you need to calibrate it. It works great!
on August 18, 2014
Works great!
on January 31, 2014
I have been using this product for two weeks now.

The product comes in a neat package with a little pouch included to keep the pen, cable and clip-on device in. The cable is sufficiently long to go around the screen but not too long so as to get in the way if you do have a USB port on the left side of the laptop. The pen comes with two tips and two magnetic strips. It works right out of the box as described in the setup tutorials. It needs to be calibrated a few times though before you get it right. The onscreen keyboard shows up as soon as you open any writing application. The keyboard is comprehensive and has every symbol you may use. The onscreen keyboard also has shortcut keys.

However, sometimes with heavy usage, such as when typing on the onscreen keyboard too quickly or applying too many brush strokes on drawing apps, the sensing strip seems to be too sensitive and recognizes pen strokes even when the pen is not actually on the screen but just hovering. It gets quite irritating but a few taps on the head of the pen gets it to behave right away. (Also a problem on Minion Rush as far as I've seen)

It takes a while to get the hang of the right click and pinch zoom but once you do, it's pretty neat. Another thing to note is that this isn't a regular stylus. It does not have a fine tip so it takes a while to use with precision. I have now taken to using the pen at an angle such that the base of the brush (and not the top) is usually in contact with the screen. Also, if you are planning on using this pen with writing tools such as in OneNote, you have your work cut out for you. I have yet to figure out a way to move the screen while zoomed in and on pen mode.

One of the brush tops had fallen off when I received the package and I did not have the patience to return the device and wait for a new shipment. I plan on using conductive foam to make a rounded tip and see if that helps with precision. If anyone would like to know the results of that little experiment, I will put it up when I can.

So overall, if you are tired with your touchpad and would like to play around with the screen a little bit and think you would like to spend the 60-70 bucks, go ahead and buy it. Just don't expect it to perform like a top notch stylus because that is not what this is made for.
on September 29, 2013
Easy to Install - The setup takes less than five minutes and there are no complicated drivers to install before use, although you do have to install the "Free Touch" application.
Small and compact--I have a problem with cords on the side of the computer, namely, no matter where they are I manage to trip over them or hit them with my hand. The USB cord that is attached to the base unit can be shortened using the attached Velcro.Allows me to use my own handwriting in emails, notes or files to add a personal touch.
While I don't play video games on the computer, my son does. He showed me the capabilities of playing games directly on the screen and creating his own drawings. I have a feeling he will be sneaking my computer into his room at night to spend some "quality game time.
I can slide my files with a touch, quickly open applications and browse images.
I can use the pen to write comments on my photos that I would like to share with friends.
Keeps my screen smudge free.
One note: the Touch Key pad does cover half of the screen, which can be good when my eyes are tired or not as good when I need to see more of the screen. The touch screen also contains an entire area of emoticons, making it easier than ever for me to express my feelings when I am writing emails to friends.
on September 16, 2013
Tried to make this work but it did not about five different times and it would not work..not happy at all..
on June 12, 2013
I installed it and tried to calibrate it and found it impossible to calibrate properly. You try and open one program and it clicks in a different area of the screen