EGO Power+ 15-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Brushless String Trimmer - 2.0Ah Battery and Charger Kit
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Dual-feed twist line with 0.095 in. diameter
- Hi-efficiency brushless motor with variable speed
- Weather-resistant construction
- Variable speed trigger
- Extended aluminum shaft with in-line grip
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
EGO Power+ 15 inch 56-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Brushless String Trimmer
The EGO Power+ 15 inch String Trimmer is the next big step up in power and convenience for cordless string trimmers. The first ever 56-Volt Lithium-Ion battery and a new, high-efficiency brushless motor deliver unrivaled cordless power. The 15 inch cutting swath and extended aluminum shaft make for efficient trimming around your yard. The EGO Power+ 15 inch String Trimmer delivers the performance of gas without the noise, fuss and fumes.
- 2.0Ah and 2.5Ah 56-Volt Lithium-Ion Battery Kits Available
- Standard Charger included in Kits
- Weather Resistant Construction
- Bump Feed Head
- 49” Extended Aluminum Shaft
- High-Efficiency Brushless Motor
- 15” Cutting Swath
- Professional .095” Dual Twist Line
- 5 Year Tool Warranty
- 3 Year Battery Warranty (Kits Only)
|EGO Power+ Lawn Mower||EGO Power+ 480CFM Blower||EGO Power+ 15" String Trimmer||EGO Power+ 24" Hedge Trimmer||EGO Power+ 14" Chain Saw|
|Platform||EGO 56-Volt ARC Lithium-Ion Battery||EGO 56-Volt ARC Lithium-Ion Battery||EGO 56-Volt ARC Lithium-Ion Battery||EGO 56-Volt ARC Lithium-Ion Battery||EGO 56-Volt ARC Lithium-Ion Battery|
|Kits Available||4.0Ah, 5.0Ah or 7.5Ah Battery and Rapid Charger||2.0Ah or 2.5Ah Battery and Standard Charger||2.0Ah or 2.5Ah Battery and Standard Charger||2.0Ah or 2.5Ah Battery and Standard Charger||2.0Ah or 2.5Ah Battery and Standard Charger|
|Available Accessories for Purchase||20" Lawn Mower Blade||4.0Ah, 5.0Ah and 7.5Ah Battery, Rapid Charger, Shoulder Strap||15" Spool with Line, 15" Trimmer Head Assembly, 4.0Ah, 5.0Ah and 7.5Ah Battery, Rapid Charger, Shoulder Strap||4.0Ah, 5.0Ah and 7.5Ah Battery, Rapid Charger||14" Chain Saw Chain, 14" Chain Saw Guide Bar, 4.0Ah, 5.0Ah and 7.5Ah Battery, Rapid Charger|
|Item Dimensions||5.2 x 13 x 39 inches|
|Item Weight||9 pounds|
|Manufacturer Part Number||ST1501S|
|Shipping Weight||16.75 pounds|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||PaintingSBS||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Cutting width||1,500 in||1,300 in||1,600 in||1,400 in||—||1,300 in|
|Item Dimensions||13 x 39 x 5.2 in||11 x 17 x 64.2 in||6.5 x 69 x 12.5 in||9.9 x 37.8 x 8.3 in||7.9 x 70 x 9.8 in||10.94 x 67.81 x 8.75 in|
|Item Weight||9 lbs||11.4 lbs||17 lbs||12.97 lbs||15 lbs||14 lbs|
|Size||—||—||—||—||15-Inch, 58-Volt Cordless||—|
|Voltage||—||40 volts||80 volts||40 volts||58||20|
The EGO POWER+ 15 in. String Trimmer is the next, big step up in power and convenience for cordless string trimmers. The POWER+ 56-Volt Lithium-Ion battery and a new, high-efficiency brushless motor deliver the performance of gas without the noise, fuss and fumes. The 15 in. cutting swath and extended aluminum shaft make for efficient trimming around your yard. The advanced EGO POWER+ 56V battery uses industry-leading Arc-Lithium technology to deliver Power Beyond Belief and is compatible with all EGO POWER+ Products. All EGO out door power equipment comes with a 5-year limited warranty and 3-year limited warranty on EGO POWER+ System battery packs and chargers. Please contact EGO Customer service Toll Free at 1-855-EGO-5656 any time you have questions or warranty claims.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The variable speed feature is really nice. It probably extends the run time & why use it at full power when you're only trimming grass?
2. The manufacturer thoughtfully added padding to the forward handle for comfort & absorbing vibration during use. The handle can be adjusted for people of various heights. And, (unlike other battery-powered trimmers), you don't have to struggle to remove the battery; there is a lever that unlocks it before it is easily removed.
3. IMPORTANT: DO NOT use this trimmer while wearing sandals, shorts, or short sleeves! And, don't even consider using it without eye protection...if you value your eyesight. A full face shield is a wise idea. If you already wear glasses (as I do), I do not suggest relying on them alone for eye protection. Debris is thrown at all angles during use & your Rx glasses offer no side protection or face protection. Besides, your glasses will be damaged if nothing is covering them. The high-velocity objects that hit my face shield were a reminder to always use it. Since I could use the Worx trimmer with sandals & short sleeves without a problem, I tried using this trimmer the same way. Not good. After a few minutes, my arm & foot were bleeding. The extra power comes with extra danger to unprotected body parts...this thing really blasts things out of the way at high speed - pebbles, shredded weeds, bits of bark, dirt etc. I've seen gardeners using gas trimmers & this unit has as much or more power than they do. My suggestion: Dedicate one outfit for trimming, which includes a thick, long-sleeved shirt or jacket, sturdy jeans & one pair of shoes. I hose my jeans off to remove the embedded grass, then launder. (You don't want your washer to handle a handful of grass & weeds.)
The battery indicator shows "Red" when it needed charging. The charging time is very fast - around 30 minutes, as advertised. This is the first charger I've ever seen that has a cooling fan to prevent overheating.
I was initially put off by the high price of replacement string ($10.00) but after reading the manual, I was happy to find that any string of the right diameter can be purchased in bulk & wound on the EGO's spool. The manual thoughtfully provides instructions for both.
I'll be updating my review after more extensive use following the next rainstorm - which always causes weeds & grass to spout everywhere. But so far, I'm impressed.
Most weeks I can do all the edging/trimming and still have power left to spare. The only time I've had to charge was the first "spring trimming" when I had to renew the 3" gap between the grass and the flower bed borders. Even then, I finished 80% of the yard before needing a charge and my 2-stroke trimmer couldn't do it on a single tank of fuel either.
The power is at least on par with my 2-stroke (28cc) craftsman trimmer, but I can tip/roll this trimmer anyway I want and not worry about fuel leaking or exhaust burning. The vibration is also far less fatiguing despite being heavier overall. With the motor at one end and the battery at the other, I find that the balance is superior to my tradition gas trimmer as well.
There are only two things I don't care for and I'm slowly getting used to both. First, it takes longer than my gas trimmer to spin up when i mash the throttle. Honestly this is maybe a 1 second delay from a stop. If you consider that I don't have to start it or warm it up... it's a wash over all. Second, sometimes at low throttle it will just cut off. I think the resolution at the low end of the trigger pull and the speed controller don't play well. As long as I keep it's minimum speed high enough this isn't an issue, I just have to adapt and get used to hitting that point.
The reviews about throwing stuff everywhere and you need to wear coveralls, face mask, kevlar armor, blah, blah are silly. This unit isn't any more prone to throwing stuff than any other trimmer. Just think about the direction of the rotation and the line of fire. Don't cut with the right side or it throws stuff at you.... Don't throw stuff at a fence two feet away or it will come back at you... don't cut with the left side if you have a plate glass window dead ahead. It ain't rocket science folks.
I like this thing so much I'm considering the EGO blower for my dad, who is do for a new one, and possibly the lawn mower for me. I just need to do more research to figure out the right size battery for my lot so I don't overspend on unnecessary range.
The straight shaft design handles well and the weight is nicely balanced, even when using the larger and heavier 4Ah battery from the Ego mower.
The 0.095" line cuts great and takes lots of abuse without wearing too quickly, and the bump head feeds line great as long as the trimmer is at max speed.
I don't have enough trimming to do on my property to deplete a battery, but those who do seem to claim between 20 and 60 minutes of use per charge, depending how hard they're working the tool and how steady they're working. Based on my use, and the fact I can get over ten minutes of use from the small 2Ah battery in my mower after I'm done my trimming, I would suspect about 25-30 minutes of steady residential trimming/edging.
Ego claims 40 minutes to charge the 2Ah battery with the standard charger, I guess just to be safe, since I've witnessed the charging time to actually be less than that. This is a huge advantage over other competing products who's batteries take MUCH longer to charge, much longer even than many of them claim.
In the mower's fast charger Ego claims the 2Ah pack charges in 25 minutes, which is almost unreal, and would allow you to trim pretty much indefinitely if you have a spare pack on the charger.
This is a fantastic tool. It has tons of power, handles well, and the battery and charger system are leaps and bounds ahead of the competition. Throw in all the benefits of cordless electric vs. gas and this is a home run.
Most recent customer reviews
I owned this just shy of three months and the battery went defective on me.Read more