ELF FLEX - Elf on the Shelf Accessories Upgrade Kit - Make Your Elf Shelf Flexible and Bendable, Perfect for Your Christmas Shelf Elf, Elf on Shelf Accessories by ELF DOCTOR
|Price:||$12.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Bring your ELF on the Shelf Elf TO LIFE and make it FLEXIBLE and BENDABLE with Elf on a Shelf Accessories
- Complete DIY shelf elf kit to upgrade your elf
- Give your scout elf unlimited poses and recreate the ideas you see on the internet
- Compare cost of this kit cost to the cost of all components and save!
- Also check out ELF CAST if you need some time off during the holidays!
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
ELF FLEX by Elf Doctor
Suffering from Limp Elf Syndrome? Well, ELF FLEX is Here to Save the Day...AND NIGHT!! Never suffer again from an Elf that won't stay in place! Can't seem to replicate the idea you saw on the internet? This kit includes everything you need to give your Elf unlimited possibilities! Directions will guide you to a fully upgraded Elf in minutes! Included in the kit:
1 Seam Ripper
6 Velcro Tabs
4 magnets for Hands and Feet
Custom Length 12 Gauge Wire for Legs and Arms
White Thread and Red Thread
Step by Step Instructions at Elfdoctor.com
*Scout Elf not included*
*****Super Glue included for use with other Elf Pranks, GLUE NOT FOR USE ON ELF DOLL*****
PRICE OF COMPONENTS on Amazon Prime
12 Gauge Wire (5 yards) - $5.97
Seam Ripper (1 piece) - $3.79
Magnets (8 pieces) - $13.99
Velcro Tabs (15 pieces) - $4.34
Sewing Kit with Needle/Thread - $4.30
TOTAL - $32.39
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
About Our Elf: We have had our elf for three years, and we adore her. She has different outfits for every day of Advent, and she is the first thing my kids look for when they wake up. She is easily more popular than Santa in our house.
About Me: My sewing skills have never exceeded basic, but I’m comfortable with a simple stitch.
Why I Love the Product:
1) The elf improvements fall short of what I imagined (see reservations), but they are significant. Being able to separate the elf’s hands allows her to wear regular doll clothes, and latch onto light fixtures and other poles that were off limits before. The magnets are perfect for clasping her hands back together. You don’t really need the Velcro. The bendable limbs make her a lot more lifelike in poses and significantly add to her “magical” movements.
2) The kit is also convenient. You get:
Magnets and Velcro for in perfect size for elf hands and feet
Bendable Wires for pre-measured for elf arms and legs
Thread, needle and super glue to patch up your elf post-surgery
A seam ripper to open the elf
3) Finally, I was concerned that I would damage my elf. It sounds funny, but we’re attached to her and think she was pretty great in her original condition. I worried for nothing. If you look closely you’ll see missing stitches in the middle of her joints and some of my unprofessional rough stitches on her hands, but no major damage. The Elf Kit is pretty safe for elves.
1) First, it is harder than advertised. It took be about 25 minutes to gently open the seams, make several attempts to force and re-bend the wire, fit the magnets, and stitch my elf up. It was made harder because my elf had elbow stitching as well as knee stitching which the Elf Doctor instructions seemed unaware of. (Older model?)
2) The “no sew” option is a joke. It is just a tube of Super Glue. It would be better if they included real fabric glue, but even then you would not get good results gluing (as you know if you have glued felt seams before). The instructions caution that sewing is “preferred.” Really, it is necessary.
3) The kit was stocked with a cheap, standard sewing repair kit. It had things I didn’t need, like yellow, blue and green thread, and buttons. It also did not have enough white thread and the red thread was not a perfect match to the elf. I had to supplement the white thread with my own sewing kit.
4) Finally, the magnets are not as strong as I hoped. I had visions of my elf hanging my one hand from a door hinge like the pictures. That’s not happening. She’s just too heavy, and any clothing makes her heavier. She slides down the fridge. I was able to attach her, using both hands, to a curtain pole, but she doesn’t feel tightly secured there, and if she falls in front of my kids, it would be devastating. I cannot afford that risk. So, there are a few magnet poses I could do, but it is definitely more limited than my expectations.
Bogus Reviews/DIY: According to reviews, the idea to put wire and magnets in your elf originally belonged to a blogger and was “stolen” by Elf Doctor. Still, I have zero ethical problems with this product. There are really two ideas here. First, the idea to put wire/magnets in your elf, and second, the idea to market a consumer-friendly package with preselected materials. That second idea is just as original as the first, and it is the second idea that is generating value (i.e. sales) here. Could you do this yourself? Sure. You could even “steal” the instructions from Elf Doctor’s website, but think about what that means. You are going to measure your elf’s hands and feet, and then go to the craft store and select the exact right size and strength magnets. They are small and it is unlikely you’ll get just two, more likely a package of a dozen, so you’ll pay for eight you don’t need. The same thing applies if you want Velcro, though you could cut your own from a larger sheet—you’re still getting more than you need. Then you will find, measure and cut the correct wire. Okay, if that’s how you entertain yourself, go for it, but you’re not saving time and money. For my part, I’ll gladly buy the Elf Doctor kit!
You don't have to search down a seam ripper
You don't have to find that "perfect" elf limb wire
If you do manage to find said elf limb 12 gauge wire - you don't have to buy a ton of it!
The same 2 points above go for the magnets and the velcro tabs.
With this kit you don't have to worry about finding all the components (I couldn't find them all at ONE store, instead I'd probably have to go to 2 or 3 and maybe even buy online!) For the price of the kit - you saving money just in gas by not driving all around town!
Shortcomings of this kit:
*As other's stated, my wire was also not correct. Only 1 of each length had the loop, and I can only assume the long leg limbs are bent to save in shipping costs. Regardless, this is very easy to deal with. The wire bends rather easily - in the end, this is more annoying than anything.
*Yes the thread and needle suck. I had to use a needle from another kit I happen to have so I could have a large eye opening.
*Yes, the glue is useless because it's not for fabric. Major oversight of the manufacturer on that one!
*The surgery does not take 15 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shame on the manufacturer for this flawed marketing!!! The only way that would be possible is if the seams are already ripped open for you. This does take time - but is well worth it.
The positives.... as I've already stated - you get everything you need! And there's no extra (as you'd get if you bought the components on your own).
Some comments said the magnets are weak. Here's the deal - you need to make sure you put them in the right spot! Use your brain people! Make sure it's on top of the wire loop and only covered by one layer of fabric. If you do that - they are strong enough. You will need to attach them to heavier magnets, but for their size and intended use, they get the job done.
The seam ripper is pure perfection. I'd pay the full kit price just for that!
Overall - be prepared to spend close to an hour on your surgery. Kudos to the Elf on the Shelf manufacturer for making such a solid product! The seam ripping is really the time consuming factor here. But at the end of the day - if you want an elf that can hold poses - it's well worth your time and effort. And this review is coming from someone who is NOT crafty, and I could pull this off. Even the sewing was quite easy (once I used the large eye holed needle).
Happy Surgery everyone!
I'm a 40 old male with no sewing experience and I assembly the kit making the elf look as new in about an hour. Now this elf is a superhero and can pose any which way I chose. The magnets are sorta worthless but with bendable arms and legs you can position the elf as you chose.
Nice kit - will increase my pintrust options ten-fold.