- Harsh reality, a little magic and a lot of imagination ...
- A good ear for dialogue and writes convincing sex scenes (no easy feat!)
- Fantastic fight scenes - realistic, engaging and entrancing!
- High entertainment value yet provocative, original, and straight from Mencius' 'unbearing mind'.
- Touches of the reality we all share, the reality that so often disappoints and dismays us, abound. I love the underlying thesis, that satisfying though instant authoritative intervention may be, human solutions demand involvement and time, and break the heart.
About the Author
Many years ago a young girl left the safety of Canada for adventure in Africa. This was in a generation when young girls didn’t go anywhere on their own and certainly not to the “the dark continent.” I had to adapt to the climate, the culture, the language, and above all time travel, for most Malians lived the way they always had. Modern conveniences consisted of basic items such as kerosene lanterns and little else. It was the plight of Malians that inspired me to begin writing my novel series. Since I couldn’t wave a magic wand to make life better in Mali, I chose to do it fictitiously. Now that the Em and Yves series is complete, I’ve found that I’m hooked on writing and have moved on to other genres. I’m excited to see what the future holds.