Other Sellers on Amazon
EMDR and the Art of Psychotherapy with Children, Second Edition: Infants to Adolescents 2nd Edition
Enhance your purchase
This second edition teaches therapists to effectively use the entire EMDR therapy eight-phased treatment with children of all ages from infants to adolescents. The book details changes to the phases of EMDR therapy (history taking, case conceptualization, and treatment planning) along with alterations to case conceptualization for target identification and organization. It incorporates newly published research documenting current evidence-based support of EMDR therapy with children.
Basic skills for using EMDR therapy with children are explained, as well as transitions to more advanced skills for working with infants and toddlers, children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and children in the welfare system. It integrates play therapy and other forms of expressive therapies. Specialty topics on using EMDR therapy include case conceptualization with diagnoses defined by the DSM-5 and ICD-10, newborn/neonate diagnoses, children with chemical dependency, and many more. Case studies woven throughout the text clearly demonstrate EMDR therapy applications, and summaries of published evidence support the efficacy of EMDR therapy, including studies from WHO and SAMHSA. Expanded to include all eight phases of EMDR therapy for infants and toddlers, preteens, and adolescents, this book continues to be the foundational EMDR text for therapists working with children.
New to the Second Edition:
- Integrates developmental theory for use with children, adolescents, and teens
- Includes breakthrough narrative therapeutic concepts with young children
- Guides therapists in using EMDR therapy with specialty populations
- Presents two new chapters--one on EMDR therapy with infants, toddlers, and preschoolers and a second on preteens and adolescents
- Serves as the foundational EMDR therapy text for therapists working with children
- Details the skills--from basic to advanced--needed for best practices
- Includes the most current research on EMDR therapy
About the Author
Robbie Adler-Tapia, PhD, is a licensed psychologist who has worked with children and families for 30 years.
Carolyn Settle, MSW, LCSW, is a clinical social worker who has worked with children, adolescents, and adults for 38 years. She is a psychotherapist, consultant, educator, author, and researcher in private practice in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Publisher : Springer Publishing Company; 2nd edition (August 25, 2016)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 420 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0826138012
- ISBN-13 : 978-0826138019
- Item Weight : 1.29 pounds
- Dimensions : 6 x 0.95 x 9 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #673,223 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: