Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 29, 2005
The people who wrote the negative reviews on this item evidently expected to get a portable "stepper" with resistance and so on, for twenty-odd dollars. Nope. If that's what you want, be prepared to pay the price for one of those, which is a LOT more than this.

It's advertised as a sitting walker to keep your circulation going when you can't get up and move around, and that's what it is, and that's what it does, and it does it well.

I have poor circulation in my lower legs (and have since I was in my 20s) and this helps me stay at the computer for longer periods of time without having to get up and walk around. Good for plane flights too.

Yes it is lightweight and plastic, but it's plenty durable. In my opinion it is a lot easier to move my feet as if they are walking by using this device than by trying to do it with no device at all.

I'm completely satisfied with it.
on July 20, 2006
This product is much smaller than you think. It travels when you are trying to use it. There is not any non-skid product on the bottom. It's pretty much useless. I would have given it 0 stars if I could.
on November 16, 2004
I was hopeful that this thing would offer a little bit of exercise to those of us who cannot get out everyday for a good walk.The minute I took it out of the box,I knew I had wasted my money.It is flimsy,cheap,and offers no exercise whatsoever. I kept it only to entertain the little kids who come to visit.Otherwise I would have returned it.
on November 10, 2004
Don't bother. This is a big, big, waste of money. By the way, if your thinking it may be good for while your sitting at your desk at work....forget it. If your chair is on wheels that don't lock....see you in the hallway.
0Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 5, 2004
This isn't just for general exercise. It is good for people who cannot exercise by standing. If you need to exercise your legs and feet, due to lynphoedema and poor circulation, this is for you. If you sit a lot due to limited mobility or at work, give this a try.
on October 27, 2004
I ordered this thinking it may be a good way to expend some calories or at least nervous energy. When I opened it up I couldn't believe how lightweight and flimsy it was. The plastic that was the folding crease for opening and closing it was so flimsy you could see through it. There is no resistance to the exercise; you might as well tap your feet. All in all it is a piece of junk not even worth the postage to send it back.
0Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 26, 2004
Wow, I thought to myself that this would be a great thing to have at work and use to get some circulation going in my legs. I could get more circulation and exercise by just lifting my feet up and down by themselves.
I guess I was looking for more of a resistance and an energy burner, but this product really is just for helping circulate blood and to keep your ankles from swelling.
The plastic doesn't look like it will last over a long period of time, the product is small, and does not have a lot of flexibility.
on March 24, 2004
I recently got one of those funny catalogs with a little bit of everything in it and saw some stationary peddle thingys. It sounded like a good idea for long sessions at the computer. I started searching online and came across the Sitting Walker. I thought what the heck, I'll get one and try it out. I am using it right now under the computer desk and it's a neat little gadget! You simply put a foot on each "peddle" and step. A rocker bar keeps it moving smoothly. It folds up small enough to fit in a purse or carry on luggage for a long train/plane ride and you could even use it at work if you sit a lot.
I found this tidbit about fidgeting too, which I figure is what I'm doing when I'm "stepping": "Fidget frequently. Research has shown that "spontaneous physical activity" like tapping toes and fussing with hands blasts off up to 800 extra calories per day. Wow!"
0Comment| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 6, 2004
$15 for a real dud of a product - it is about the size of a 6-inch sub. Completely unfathomable. Cheap plastic-y feel takes Made in China to a new level.
0Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 15, 2005
A silly, silly, product. Its going back today. Waste of money. I should have believed the reviews I read. It is exactly the same as sitting and tapping your toes. This unit simply supplies an annoying noise.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.